Anyone here play the Piano/Keyboard?

Just got the keyboard and trying to learn to play it (with technique) I got a self teaching book as well as watching youtube videos and hopefully I can be good at it after a few months.

Currently learning myself 
happy.gif

Im trying to get better at creating melodies for my beats, which are
sick.gif
 at this moment. Good luck bro

took lessons as a kid, hated it, but came back to it in my early teens.

my best advice to you would be, after you get the basics down, invest a lot of your time into learning some music theory. it can go a looooong way, trust me.

My advice would be to fork over the cash and get a classically trained piano teacher, oh and to invest in a keyboard (in general).

It's easy to give up and get frustrated if you don't know how to read music or know what makes up a major or minor scale.

Also, you're using motor and coordinating skills you haven't used before (reading music, playing the note, knowing where the note is on
the keyboard).

It's a lot to learn by yourself. People have done it, but it's exponentially easier if you have a qualified instructor.

Look around. Some people have great rates.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

My advice would be to fork over the cash and get a classically trained piano teacher, oh and to invest in a keyboard (in general).

It's easy to give up and get frustrated if you don't know how to read music or know what makes up a major or minor scale.

Also, you're using motor and coordinating skills you haven't used before (reading music, playing the note, knowing where the note is on
the keyboard).

It's a lot to learn by yourself. People have done it, but it's exponentially easier if you have a qualified instructor.

Look around. Some people have great rates.

Thanks, but the self teaching book I got really helped (I'm now playing classic children's songs with 2 hands after just playing for 3 days) Albeit I make a few mistakes here and there, I have already practiced for a total of 11 hours, and the book is also helping with technique and reading music. I know how to read basic notes now as well as chords, G7s, 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, etc. The hardest park is obviously playing with with the left hand while playing the melodic tones with the right at the same time. I haven't got to the point yet where I can place my fingers at all the keys on command, I usually have to have my fingers set before I start playing.

There are also sites that charge a membership in exchange for their video tutorials and if I really need to I can do that and do it in the comfort of my own house.

Back
Top Bottom