Anyone here travel to India?

Going solo to Mumbai and Delhi for business in Sept., it will be my first time there

I've traveled a lot but this latest bombing in India has me shook. Maybe because I have a wife pregnant with our
first child due at the end of Oct. I am considering telling my work to cancel it.

Anyone ever been there? What has your experience been like?

Going solo to Mumbai and Delhi for business in Sept., it will be my first time there

I've traveled a lot but this latest bombing in India has me shook. Maybe because I have a wife pregnant with our
first child due at the end of Oct. I am considering telling my work to cancel it.

Anyone ever been there? What has your experience been like?

never been but a close friend who is indian and goes every summer said make sure you get all your immunizations and when ur there drink only bottled water and if for whatever reason you cant any double boil your water.

never been but a close friend who is indian and goes every summer said make sure you get all your immunizations and when ur there drink only bottled water and if for whatever reason you cant any double boil your water.

Def. going to get all my shots.

I guess my concern is that of safety for a Westerner.

Oddly after all the places I have traveled, this is the first time I find myself a bit anxious.

Def. going to get all my shots.

I guess my concern is that of safety for a Westerner.

Oddly after all the places I have traveled, this is the first time I find myself a bit anxious.

prayer2.jpg

pimp.gif

yoooo...one of my good friends is from rajasthan and he's over there right now for an internship...he wanted to take me with him for a month but dude told me that it's another level hott from June-October.

as for the bombing...I totally understand your concern...I would keep an eye out for reports from that area of India your going too and make an educated prediction of what you expect to happen in India by the time you go.

I've never been but my mother has...prepare yourself to haggle, and be bombarded by the poor there. India is a country where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

yoooo...one of my good friends is from rajasthan and he's over there right now for an internship...he wanted to take me with him for a month but dude told me that it's another level hott from June-October.

as for the bombing...I totally understand your concern...I would keep an eye out for reports from that area of India your going too and make an educated prediction of what you expect to happen in India by the time you go.

I've never been but my mother has...prepare yourself to haggle, and be bombarded by the poor there. India is a country where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

Originally Posted by Weekz

that don't always work..
Shot this at the train station in Varanasi, India. It appears that the men are refilling, recapping and resealing bottled water. I noticed on many bottles of water that the break-away ring under the cap had a pinch mark. It looked like they had been re-used, as well. I filtered all my water on that trip, including the bottled stuff!

Filter everything!!

I was in India immediately post 9/11 and security was not an issue in my book. Although I was travelling with Indian friends who spoke the language.

You're in the two major cities.. I honestly would not worry one bit. 

As a non-Indian you will get overcharged for EVERYTHING though. Even my NRI friends got overcharged a bit.

ps. make sure to get a McAloo at McDonalds.

that don't always work..
Shot this at the train station in Varanasi, India. It appears that the men are refilling, recapping and resealing bottled water. I noticed on many bottles of water that the break-away ring under the cap had a pinch mark. It looked like they had been re-used, as well. I filtered all my water on that trip, including the bottled stuff!

Filter everything!!

I was in India immediately post 9/11 and security was not an issue in my book. Although I was travelling with Indian friends who spoke the language.

You're in the two major cities.. I honestly would not worry one bit. 

As a non-Indian you will get overcharged for EVERYTHING though. Even my NRI friends got overcharged a bit.

Dirtylicious wrote:

that don't always work..

Filter everything!!

You're in the two major cities.. I honestly would not worry one bit.�

As a non-Indian you will get overcharged for EVERYTHING though. �Even my NRI friends got overcharged a bit.

roll.gif
patato burger. sounds interesting

Dirtylicious wrote:

that don't always work..

Filter everything!!

You're in the two major cities.. I honestly would not worry one bit.�

As a non-Indian you will get overcharged for EVERYTHING though. �Even my NRI friends got overcharged a bit.

roll.gif
patato burger. sounds interesting

Lol

"hey guys, I'm so hungry. Where should we eat"
"hmm idk man we're in India and I'm cluessless"
*10 seconds later*
"I GOT IT! LETS GO TO MCDONALDS!"
"YEEEAAAAAAH"
>disregards experiencing new food
>Disregards new culture
>goes to McDonalds
MFW!