Anyone know a good place to go camping?

A whole bunch of my friends are planning a camping trip but i need some suggestions and feed back from your experience. Thanks in advance!
teamLAKERS
"When you smell the blood, you gotta go in for the kill." -Kobe Bryant

i have been camping many times i think the best place i went to was
Yosemite National Park, merced-river also Sequoia was also a good place if you are looking for something not that far maybe lake peris. have not went their for about 4 years ago but last time i went it was a good place.

you cant get on my level

depends on where you want to go, how far, etc...

San Onofre near San Clemente is aight, close to the beach and what not...I hear good things about McGrath up near Oxnard/Ventura, which is close to the beach as well.

Here's more info on different parks:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/parkindex/
I love goooooold

Boy do I love camping. Me and my boys go every summer. Its a good excuse to get away from the girlfriends, drink beers, smoke trees, get fat grubbin out.

The spot I usually go to is great (well depending on what youre looking for). Its up around Lake Isabella, right on the Kern River. Its situated right along the banks of the river, and its actually on a calm section of the river (Kern River is notorious for deaths/drownings/etc...) I usually go mid to late summer so the water is low enough and warm enough, although I dont think it will be a problem this year since it was such a dry season. Weather wise its hot, aint no way around it. We are talking mid 90's easy on any given day. Nights cool off quite nicely, almost to the point you might want to put on a hoody. Most of the spots have tree/shade coverage so its not too bad, and theres always the river. I'm basically in the river for a good 3 hrs out of the day just chillin, stayin cool. Its close enough to Lake Isabella that its not too much of a hassle to drive in to re-up on ice, firewood, cigs, or anything else you might need. Most of the camp spots are decent sized and fairly well spaced out so 95% of the time you dont even gotta go incognito if you smokin trees or doing anything for that matter. Each spot has a firepit and grate so you can get your bbq on. If you want more info PM me and ill let you know more.

Spot is called Hobo, and its up around Lake Isabella
I usually book through www.reserveusa.com (edit: looks like they redid their site)
heres the link www.recreation.gov/ca/Hob...arkId=1551
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

^^ i've been at Lake Isabella.. pretty cool place we're thinking of camping by the river this time like you said because we stayed by the lake last time. How much did it cost you?
teamLAKERS"When you smell the blood, you gotta go in for the kill." -Kobe Bryant

^yea lake isabella is a chill spot, kern river area is really good place to go camping, used to go all the time with my cuzins
san diego is where its at!
NACU clothing!

japan in a month!
aim - eyyowassupazn

If you're like my brother and you like shooting off rounds and riding around in a quad...

he went to some deserted spot near Barstow a few weeks back. I guess it's a popular area and it's AAAAALLLL flat with trails and whatnot. He went there with his artillery and his cousin brought a quad. They said they had a blast. :lol:
laugh.gif
I'm stuck in a basement, sittin on a tricycle, girl gettin on my nerves...
Goin outta my mind I thought she was fine, don't know if her body is hers.

I wanna enjoy the wilderness during the day and get wasted at night !
teamLAKERS"When you smell the blood, you gotta go in for the kill." -Kobe Bryant

A cool spot I went to a few years back was La Jolla Indian Reservation.(North of San Diego) They have a river where you can rent inner tubes.

www.lajollaindians.com/Campground/
Team Economics
From Ehrlich to Keynes, we know what's up.

Underestimating the tonacity of the soft spoken is the equivalency of minuting the out come of a bear in a lion's den....​

Quote:
No showers (but damn you got a river to stay clean)...(or you can in the river... hold onto a rock so the current doesnt take you away and let loose... quite an interesting feeling pooping underwater)

Kind of kills the idea of staying clean in the river water.

We go to Yosemite every year. The sights make it all worth it.
www.ProlificLosAngeles.com

^ hahahaha with the amount of water and the rate at which it flows, i gotta imagine the poop particulates per gallon ratio is on par with the water coming out of the tap (maybe not)

Where do you usually camp in Yosemite? I'm heading up there this summer, I think we got a spot at Housekeeping Camp or something like that? What site has the best access to water and good hiking trails? I was reading that the waterfalls dry up by late summer, am I gonna miss out if Im there in Sept? I was kind of interested in hiking up to Yosemite Falls and Vernal Falls but not if its bone dry. Thanks.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

I just found it amusing that dude talked about cleaning off in the same place he takes a dump.

Anywhere inside the Valley is good. We've been staying at Upper Pines. Its really close to the trail heads for both those places.
www.ProlificLosAngeles.com

Back
Top Bottom