Anyone listen to country music? Vol. You know you do...

Now I've listened to all types of music before and then met some rodeo girls when I went to school that put me on some country music lol.

Just wanted to know if there's others who enjoy some good ole country lol.

List your fav songs or artists

Right now I'm loving
In my arms instead- Randy Rogers
Wear my ring-Unknown
Hard man to love-Unknown

Country is slept on in NT. idk why though. Country got that story telling game on lock down.

Depends on the artists and the type of country your going for there are plenty of artists out there.

My favs are

Carrie Underwood - vocals from this small lady blows my mind! Girl can sing!

Kenny Chesney - Dude is a classic. Check "Be As You Are: Songs From An Old Blue Chair" awesome cd. He's on that blues country. a few good songsto get you started on Kenny are: "Young", Dont' Blink", Soul of Sailor", "Blue Rocking Chair ocean remix" and a classic songyou've prolly heard at weddings or dances called "me and you"

Garth Brooks - Dude is a legend, go to walmart and cop his greatest hits cd, they sell for like 8 bucks. Nobody is touching this guy! Best to do it.

Rodney Atkins - check out "my people" or "going thru hell"

Sugarland - LOVE this band! The female can sing! I love her song "Stay". Deep lyrics real deep! The way she sang the song and recorded it makes youfeel like she actually wrote it right after she experienced that whole situation.

Caitlin & Will - Best damn duo to come out! They won "Can you duet" Naomi Judd paired these two up and cot damn they can sing and they match eachother perfectly! I can't wait for their cd to drop, I got their digital EP, but I want their album!

Wynonna Judd - beautiful woman with an awesome voice. COuntry girls sing laps around R n B chicks any day! She is on that gospel note though, but don'tsleep on her. Check out her song "I want to know what love is" there is also a club remix of it out there too. Girls love this one.

Little Big Town - nice band to check out.

Jason Michael Caroll - I just heard this dude the other day he sounds a lil poppish but I'm loving his song "Living our love song".

Tim McGraw - is overrated imo. Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney %@% on this dude, but he has some good songs though.

Daughtry - love this band! Daughtry claims he is rock, but imo he's southern rock which is right there with country. check out "Home". Such anice damn song to listen to when you haven't been home for a minute and your finally going home.

Dolly Parton - Legend for her extra large chest but her latest cd got me listening to her. Her remake of a song called "Drives me Crazy". Takes meback to being a kid again. I love it! I am friends with her Niece, we met at Paul Mitchell Nashville. and no i didn't meet dolly parton. But her nieceHeidi was loads of fun! I miss her
frown.gif

Shania Twain - pretty much the Britney Spears of Country music. Fun to listen to.

Trisha Yearwood - Garth Brooks wife, used to sing backup for Garth. Puts out good music.

Josh Turner - I love his voice when he sings check out "Just to Be your man" or " So not my baby". All my lady friends love this man.

Martina McBride - awesome vocals period!

Taylor Swift - for the young girls - she writes songs like they are out of her diary. Not my cup of tea but ppl like her.

Kellie Pickler - folks like her too, she's alright

Joe Diffie - I grew up listening to this man "Pick Up Man" is awesome. It's about a boy who gets a pick up truck and bags all these ladies

Chris Cagle - I saw him at a tractor Pull Jamboree and he is good.

Johnny Cash - LEGEND if you don't know who he is rethink your musical selection.

Sheryl Crow - good artist

Dixie Chicks - a controversail female group, known for speaking their mind against hatred and got banned from radios for speaking out against former PresidentBush.

Eagles - Classic band

There are plenty of other artists that do good country music. You just have to listen for it. I hope this helps.

I used to be a hardcore rap fan. But I relate to country music more, once you start listening to the lyrics instead of the music then you'll understandwhere I come from. Country seems to be the only genre of music that doesn't care about money, flashy cars, sex, instead they focus mainly on everydaytopics.

^^yeah once you start listening to the lyrics it seems like everyone can relate to it and the story telling is on point. Jhonny Cash has some real good stuff.Country music is definitely slept on, no need to be embarrassed about listening to it lol. Gotta check out some more of those artists posted above.

check em out by all means. I think u'll enjoy most of whom I posted. Kenny Chesney is the most popular along with Carrie Underwood. IDk what style ofcountry your looking for but hopefully what I posted fits your needs.

R n B artists are a penny a dozen, plus they try to hard to sound hip hoppish, country doesn't try hard, they just do as they feel and the music fits onpoint with the lyrics. there is so much emotion and the stories are realistic. Country isn't just about broken hearts it touches everyday topics rangingfrom anything that anyone could deal with in life. But people think Hip Hop/Rap is that %#% but in reality, how many can relate to what is said in 99% of rapmusic? Or even 50% of rap music? It's most likely the average american can relate to 10% of what is said in rap music.

Oh I'm not looking for any type of style in general just a fan of good music all around. I listen to everything and just wanted to see if I was alone onthis one lol

Alt-country, bluegrass or country pre-1985. Everything that calls itself country music now is just watered down pop-rock with Hallmark card lyrics.

nah ur not alone dude. I used to hate everything but rap. Once I got around it I checked out other genres. My favorite type is Jazz/Blues on that early1900's sound. IDK why but im drawn like a moth to a flame with that music.

Shawn Mullins- Cold Black Heart (Maggie Brown)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. So bad @+%.. Johnny Cash, one of my favorite musicians of all time rightthere.. that "Highway Man" track with Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson is classic! Also check out a song by the "Bad Livers- DeathTrip"..got that real down south country feel.

I honestly love country music. Me being from Kentucky probably is a huge reason for that though lol

Originally Posted by mace40

Alt-country, bluegrass or country pre-1985. Everything that calls itself country music now is just watered down pop-rock with Hallmark card lyrics.

that's true, but i still like the new country stuff darius rucker is that dude (guy from hootie and the blowfish), dierks bentley is good too, bradpaisley, kenny chesney, lady antebellum

Originally Posted by sangalang

Originally Posted by mace40

that's true, but i still like the new country stuff darius rucker is that dude (guy from hootie and the blowfish), dierks bentley is good too, brad paisley, kenny chesney, lady antebellum

Free song on iTunes right now. Also, Keith Urban-Kiss a Girl *%%!*

Here are a few of my favorites, little bit older stuff though.

Dolly Parton- Coat of Many Colors
Kenny Rogers-Lucille
Reba McIntyre-The Night the Lights went out in Georgia
Reba McIntyre- Fancy (crazy song)
Johnny Cash- 1 Piece at a Time
Randy Travis- On the other Hand
Johnny Cash- Daddy Sang Bass
Johnny Cash- A boy named Sue
Johnny Cash- Delia's Gone
Johnny Cash- Get Rhythm
Johnny Cash- Hey Porter
The Legend of Johnny Cash whole CD basically