Anyone mess with Green Smoothies?

since i bought my nutribullet :smokin

i sometimes substitute water with coconut water to add taste

Been making smoothies with frozen blueberries/bananas but they’re coming out too thick/slushy. I think it’s the frozen bananas cause I just recently started freezing those, usually just do room temperature ones

What do you guys think. Any general tips or recipes for smoothies? I like my simple one of almond milk, blueberries, and bananas
If you want a smoother texture, room temperature bananas are a must, unless your blender is powerful.

I need bananas in every smoothie, it is part of the nature base for me.

I tend not to make ALL fruit smoothies, just too much sugar into the blood stream at once. I need a Kale/Spinach in there. But if I use a green, I use water and not almond milk

bananas are great for mellowing out the strong taste of greens like kale. my son is a pretty picky eater but he loves smoothies with some fruit, lots of greens, sometimes a little ginger, sometimes a coupla figs. he’d rather have that than chocolate ice cream.

Amazon product ASIN B0163K1Z3G
I've been trying to drink a green smoothie once a day for about 2 years now. Below are the benefits that I have noticed,

Clear skin.
A minor increase of energy.
Less sugar or junk food cravings.
Better overall physical performance.
Better muscle recovery.
Less bloating and inflammation.
My insides feel clean (pause)

I go with these Suja green smoothies when I don't feel like turning on the blender.
https://www.sujajuice.com/products/suja-classic/twelve-essentials/
https://www.sujajuice.com/products/suja/uber-greens/
https://www.sujajuice.com/products/suja/mighty-dozen/

My usual at home smoothie recipe is:

Some sort of Spinach and Kale or chard mix (1-2 handfuls)
Pineapple(4 slices)
1 banana
1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
chia seed (this is a low key superfood)

My alternate recipe is:

Some sort of Spinach and Kale or chard mix (1-2 handfuls)
1 apple
1 banana
1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
chia seed (this is a low key superfood)
a small piece of ginger (too much will give you a stomach ache)
1/2 a lemon.

I don't do this one too often because the ginger and lemon will really clean my intestines out and cause inflammation after a while.

Also, try to buy all organic produce. There is a huge difference in taste, texture and results.

Last edited:
I either make my own or buy it from an actual juice bar, never the bottled ones like Naked or Odwalla.

Most times I'm just making my own with my Ninja blender; I rely heavily on kale and pineapples.

not green but I used to do strawberries, mango, banana, and some times a little kale but most times without the kale... crack

I need to get back to doing it honestly

I do one basically every day. Green for real.

Kale
Spinach
Cucumber
Celery
Avocado
Ginger
Turmeric
Water

I ingest my fruits at other points of the day so this is just a salad in a shaker I can drink on the move.

I’m used to the taste now so it doesn’t bother me.

On rest days I’ll do more of an almond milk, fruit, peanuts butter joint for the deliciousness.

kingkoopa kingkoopa

I would say to make sure you aren't just throwing random stuff together.
Think about what you are working towards before you make it.

I also suggest buying a LOT of bananas, cutting them into 4's and putting in a freezer bag so you can have "ice" on deck for your smoothies. Bananas is essentially the base of any smoothie I make.

Also, don't overdo the amount of fruit you use. Sugar is Sugar, even if it is coming from fruit. Don't want spikes in Blood SUgar Levels because you think you are being (fake) healthy.

^ if you need to add a little more sweetness to your smoothies, use pitted dates

no need to use any sugar

Back
Top Bottom