Anyone on NT bought a Salvaged title car?

whats pros and cons about it? im looking for a car and wanted to know this before i make a decision

pull a carfax and find out why it's a salvage.

You better be nice with a wrench, and expect to fix 5 extra things when you get it.

Originally Posted by duerr

You better be nice with a wrench, and expect to fix 5 extra things when you get it.
True, and theres no resale value.

Sometimes you can come up by purchasing one because the insurance company wrote it off as one because something expensive was damaged but not somethingcritical like the frame. You really have to be more thorough with salvage title cars especially if the owner wasn't the one it occurred with. Like the guyabove me said be prepared to repair other things you didnt originally expect and take care to have extra money left over if you purchase it for this reason.

Word.

The only way to really get up on a salvage car is to do the repair work yourself. Even then, there's going to be certain @%!+ you can't do. (likeelectrical) that you'll have to budget for.

Honestly, salvage titles are for weekend rally and drag cars. Nothing more than expensive toys....Here's how I'd decide...

If the car goes up in flames and you can laugh while it burns to the ground, go for it.
If the car goes up in flames and you can't get to work....you you %++$%% yourself.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

i *believe* you can get a regular title for it once you fix it. you then must re-apply for one or something like that. i am not familiar with the process but iheard it can be done.

it will still be in the carfax obviously, but you can still sell it with a non-salvage title, which will significantly help the value of the car.

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

i *believe* you can get a regular title for it once you fix it. you then must re-apply for one or something like that. i am not familiar with the process but i heard it can be done.

it will still be in the carfax obviously, but you can still sell it with a non-salvage title, which will significantly help the value of the car.

On paper, sure.

Not in the real world, though.

Back
Top Bottom