Anyone on NT know anything about being a paralegal?

Yo NT, I'm currently a college graduate and like many looking for a career.  After interning in the district attorney's office, I think I want to work in that field but I don't want to go to law school ( I don't have the resources or the motivation).  I think being a paralegal would be a good alternative but I don't know what the best way to go about this is. Does anyone have experience in this or have any useful information for me to go about this in the best way? Thanks.

Don't do it man.

Go to Law School. You'll regret it later.

Paralegal work is a lot of work, and stress for the little pay. I've seen it while working as a clerk.

Unless you score a job at a big firm, then I'd say go for it.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Don't do it man.

Go to Law School. You'll regret it later.

Paralegal work is a lot of work, and stress for the little pay. I've seen it while working as a clerk.

Unless you score a job at a big firm, then I'd say go for it.
so is being a lawyer in most cases
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

anything really. I'll willing to start at the bottom and work my way up.

Overall though, what do you want to do? You want to be a paralegal for life?

Yeah thats fine. As long as I'm getting a salary and benefits I'll be satisfied. I don't need to live lavish. Why do you ask?

They have paralegal training programs at some big universities and community colleges. Where are you located, fam?

Go to the ABA's website for a list of approved Paralegal programs in ur area. The course shouldn't take long since u already have your degree. I'm lookin into it as well as a path before law school. I also read that more paralegals were getting hired now than lawyers because they essentially do the same thing, just lawyers make more and w/ the economy most firms can't afford to pay that many lawyers.

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

Yeah thats fine. As long as I'm getting a salary and benefits I'll be satisfied. I don't need to live lavish. Why do you ask?
To get some guidance from you so I could provide some advice. Honestly, the money is fine, but don't expect to be ballin' (you aren't). Then again, build a relationship with an attorney and he/she will keep you for AGES and not get rid of you (trust me, I know). Like stated, courses can be found at colleges or vocational schools.

Back
Top Bottom