ANYONE ON NT WORK ON CARS, OR TRUCKS FOR A LIVING OR HOBBY?

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE OUT HERE ON NT WORKS ON CARS, TRUCKS , OR VEHICLES FOR A LIVING.

IM 23 AND WORK FOR BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL. I GOT 3 ASE CERTIFIACTIONS AND ARE TAKING 3 MORE TOMORROW AND NEXT TUESDAY. IT HELPS MY PAY A LIL... TO BE CERTIFIED.

WHO ALL ELSE IS CERTIFIED?

HOW LONG YOU BEEN IN THE BIZ, AND HAS IT KEPT YOU MAKING A GOOD LIVING?

IF YOU WENT TO TRADE SCHOOL, WHERE?

HELL POST EVEN IF YOU WORK ON STUFF AS A HOBBY.

287306579.jpg

SOMETIMES WE CUT STUFF UP...LOL...

287306573.jpg

287306597.jpg

BRAKES....BEAT TO DEATH!!!!

287306586.jpg

287307230.jpg

SHOP PIC...ITS OLD...AND DIRTY....NO LIFTS...TRUCKS GVW IS 15,00 POUNDS...AND DIESELS ARE 22,500 AND THEY TOO CHEAP TO BUY LIFTS THAT WOULD ACCOMIDATE THEM.

287307459.jpg

$$$$$$ I BUY J'S WHEN I WANT...HOW MANY I WANT $$$$$$​
I BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS SINCE DAY ONE...​

Definitely alot of car enthusiasts on this board.

This is certainly a skill I would like to have but unfortunately I do not know my way around automobiles.

Do you just work on the trucks or the cars as well? I am asking because I rent cars quite a bit and am alwasy wondering just how beat up they really are.

I JUST WORK ON THE TRUCKS....THE CAR SIDE IS NOT FAR FROM OUR SHOP...ITS BASED AT THE AIRPORT...WE ARE RIGHT OUSIDE OF IT.....

AND YES...THE RENTAL CAR...AND TRUCK INDUSTRY VEHICLES TAKE A BEATING....JUST YESTERDAY WE HAD A TRUCK THAT HAD TWICE THE AMOUNT OF OIL THAT ITS SUPPOSED TO HAVE IN IT...THEY DRIVE EM TILL THEY HIT REV LIMITER, THEY STEAL EM OF LOTS...ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF....IT HAPPENS TO A RENTAL TRUCK OR CAR.
$$$$$$ I BUY J'S WHEN I WANT...HOW MANY I WANT $$$$$$​
I BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS SINCE DAY ONE...​

I'm just a hobbyist. I do spend a lot of time at my friends' shop though. 2 friends who started out as hobbyists that opened up a shop. Started from front yard installs, but grew like a snowball rolling downhill. Most recent job was rebuilding the engine and putting in another clutch on the shop Evo that's going to be at the SuperStreet shoot out tomorrow at Willow Springs.
I'm countin' those M's now/ Those O's come straight off the Benz now...not the 550, more like the 65/​

Working on cars is what I do most. By far my favorite hobby. :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily
Turbo Lag : The split second that the other car THINKS they have a chance.​

Not to thread jack but I have a quick question. I know different factors play in but on average, how much would a full body paint job on a sedan run for?
Team PokerStars
"Duece, Seven... I'm ALL-IN"
"I'VE NEVER WORKED A DAY IN MY LIFE"​
John Madden​

Quote:
how much would a full body paint job on a sedan run for?
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily

I was thinkin about going to trade school to be a mechanic. I love messing with cars. Does any1 know around how much they get paid???
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily
**TEAM**
***CASSIE***"We all knew Me N U was about givin head."

Quote:
hows the condition of the cars paint right now? dings? dents? rust? etc...
Team PokerStars
"Duece, Seven... I'm ALL-IN"
"I'VE NEVER WORKED A DAY IN MY LIFE"​
John Madden​

Quote:
small traces of rust near the wheel wells. Other than that, its pretty good. Small scratches here and there and dull/worn on the hood and roof.
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily

I'm tryin to get my altenator fixed right now.. Lowest price I was quoted so far was like $220 for 3 hrs of work

How the f does it take 3hrs to change a altenator.

God I wish I knew how to work on cars.
Love me, hate me, or simply tolerate me

My car hesitates when i dont give it enough gas or at low rpm's. Is this something that a tune up should fix? Also when Im in reverse and go into drive it takes takes a few seconds to engage. Can any of you car guys help me out?

My father and I are mechanics. Thats his Job and its my hobby. Hes certified. Im not.

I usually just have my bro. come by and tell him I need help....then sit back drink a beer and watch him work... :wink:
wink.gif

AL-D
(_____).....SHOES.....TIRES...

WE NEED AN OFFICIAL CAR THREAD OR WHATEVER. I cant find a good one forum that talks about Camaros. When I have found one nobody ever posts anything. So yea we should take this into consideration. LIke to post questions or anything about cars because niketalk is a big community.

any1?????????????????
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily
**TEAM**

Quote:
WE NEED AN OFFICIAL CAR THREAD OR WHATEVER. I cant find a good one forum that talks about Camaros. When I have found one nobody ever posts anything. So yea we should take this into consideration. LIke to post questions or anything about cars because niketalk is a big community.
www.camaroforums.com/
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily

Mines a 4th generation. 2000 z28 thanks for that website by the way.
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily
**TEAM**

awash242, would you know whats wrong with my car (my post above) ? Its a 97 Trans Am

Seems like a lot of people do it for fun, or as a hobby... but this is what i'm thinking about doing in my future. hopefully everything goes well.

TEAM XBOX360​
.:: GAMERTAG: SaNTi iTNaS ::.​

Quote:
My car hesitates when i dont give it enough gas or at low rpm's. Is this something that a tune up should fix? Also when Im in reverse and go into drive it takes takes a few seconds to engage. Can any of you car guys help me out?
with those things.
Team American Muscle
Eating Rice Daily

Back
Top Bottom