Anyone own a Sony Vaio?

Rated tops in long term durability by that Square Trade study of 26,000 laptops. Them, Asus, and Toshiba.

Fam, don't you work in the IT field? you should already know the answer to this
laugh.gif

stay away from sony...

Its not that bad, make sure you reformat with a fresh copy of windows or your choice of OS when you get it.  I honestly would pick a 13.3 inch monitor..

I have the Sony Vaio 15.4in screen with Blu-Ray..came with Vista.

It used to piss me off in the beginning because I would put the computer on sleep mode (close laptop), then try to open it back up and I would get a black screen. This meant I had to do a hard restart just to get the screen to show again. This problem was consistent for about a month or so. Also, the F drive went out and didnt recognize CDs/DVD's/Blu-Ray's....I had to restore that drive so now it's back to working again...

If I were to buy again, I would probably get a Mac..If not Mac, then Dell or HP..

Who knows, your experience may be better with Windows 7 on it..

Good luck.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Fam, don't you work in the IT field? you should already know the answer to this
laugh.gif

stay away from sony...
I was going to Load Win  7 Pro on it, unless I find Win 7 Ultimate
nerd.gif

I don't do anything much it just looks cool and with my discount I get it at a better price and I like the size. There is the 1050 buck BLue label one but that is kinda over Kill I can get it for lower then that but still. I dont do anything besides Surf the net and type on Word. I will load some Programming software,Database stuff etc for class but thats about it, I was going to max it out to 8 gigs of ram now or eventually too. I sell sonys and I know their over priced, but It looks so cool
embarassed.gif

I like mine, i havent had any problems out of it. I use to run vista now i run windows 7 pro. I don't see how people say they're so bad. To me HP is the worse laptop company, so many problems when I had one.

And how long do you guys really expect most laptops to last, with everyday use I expect 4 - 5 years tops

I had a Vaio, got fed up with it and ended up getting a new computer after 2 years.

ive had my desktop for 4 years, it still runs well, a little slow(duh its 4 years old) but its still good, i dont plan on buying another desktop for at least another 6-8 months
ive had my laptop for 18 months, runs well, i love it, but i think maybe the fan is either broken(not working the way it used to), or theres a bug in there
nerd.gif

Vaios are horrible. Definitely not worth the premium they charge for a bloated operating system and sub par components.

I have a Vaio and like it. It was either this or a Mac, but I went with Vaio because of the warranty options (Mac didn't offer an accidental warranty. Plus, I'm familiar with Windows.)

My Sony Vaio is the best laptop and computer i've ever had (till i got my mac 
grin.gif
) and it's held up for years, even after being dropped twice.

Theres an Asus we have for like 6 something but Its a 15.6 and I was looking for a 14, HP wise we got some decent stuff but I hear bad things from HP

Macs are a pain in terms of Repairs like seriously. We have an Open box MBPro 13 in for like 1000 but I could get a Vaio with the i5 for like 9 something

Ive had a sony vaio for about 3 years now and i have no problems with it whatsoever.
And my laptop is on literally 24/7.
The only thing i've had happen was the cmos battery went out once.

its all about how you take care of it. I've been pretty ruff with this and its still in the best shape.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Ive had a sony vaio for about 3 years now and i have no problems with it whatsoever.
And my laptop is on literally 24/7.
The only thing i've had happen was the cmos battery went out once.

its all about how you take care of it. I've been pretty ruff with this and its still in the best shape.

Exactly I have a Gateway from 07 I copped on Tiger Direct refurbished for like 300 bucks. I`m just buying a new one because I`m a hypebeast and I need more memory to run programs for classes.

You work at Best Buy? I'm getting that Samsung R580 they have on preorder, i5, dedicated graphics, and blu ray drive. It's like 7something. If not that, there's an i5 Toshiba also 7something and 10% cashback from Bing

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

You work at Best Buy? I'm getting that Samsung R580 they have on preorder, i5, dedicated graphics, and blu ray drive. It's like 7something. If not that, there's an i5 Toshiba also 7something and 10% cashback from Bing

Stat wise it seems legit, and 799 for an I5 and Dedicated Graphics card i a great deal, Samsung made some great netbooks, dont know much about them background wise in terms a of a full laptop.

I just got my Vaio last August with a 3 year protection plan. I love it, besides the fact that I think I have to fix my CD drive ala something another NTer mentioned & I need to get my keys cleaned and more responsive after laughing here on NT and spitting Pepsi on the left side of my laptop keyboard.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I just got my Vaio last August with a 3 year protection plan. I love it, besides the fact that I think I have to fix my CD drive ala something another NTer mentioned & I need to get my keys cleaned and more responsive after laughing here on NT and spitting Pepsi on the left side of my laptop keyboard.
What happen to your CD drive? I dont even use cd's to be quite frank.  I know dudes are going to be pissed I don't get a protection plan, but for that price I`d just cop a Mac, I`m copping accessories with it though so dudes can kiss my black class.

Back
Top Bottom