anyone peep J.Crew lately???

Originally Posted by davizzy

J crew is dope, just too expensive from my taste. Being a broke college kid smh

ksteezy any details on black Friday sale?
They always have sales though. Plus if it's not on sale show your Student ID and it's 15% off. I slick talked them once into taking my Student ID on a few sales items too so it doesn't hurt to try. Their Factory Store's are also
smokin.gif
 if you're near one.

Steezy- Down to make a Team J. Crew?

I don't know what his position title is, but J. Crew got a new guy running the show about ten years ago and he turned the brand around and got them the image they have now with being modern and cool. CNN ran a short segment about it/him and how he changed the company not too long ago.

It's my favorite store but I haven't seen too much that I would buy from them whenever I go to their store.  I like a lot more stuff in their factory stores.  I have 2 coats, a bunch of sports shirts and sweaters from them.

i get my jeans (vintage slim) and shorts from there..

also going get a hoodie or two when i head stateside next week

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i get my jeans (vintage slim) and shorts from there..

also going get a hoodie or two when i head stateside next week

how do the slims fit?  tight slim or relaxed slim
I'm looking at those Wallace and Barnes salt fade jeans but the $298 is a little steep

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I find it funny how J.Crew was just discovered here...

No one remembers the roll neck sweaters, barn jackets, anoraks and comical multiple layers of the 90's J. Crew?!?!
I have often found myself wondering the same thing. J Crew has been going strong for ages. Even going back into the 80's if memory serves. 
You got cats repping them now that "dressing better" is the trend. Same cats wearing Wissam jackets back when J Crew was still very much a force. 

Even when I wore my clothes baggier in the 80's and 90's, J Crew had a Giant Fit cut of jeans and chinos that was dope. 

Rollnecks and Barn Jackets were my +%%#. I scooped a jacket from them a few seasons ago because it reminded me of a Barn Jacket. 

And agreed that all of their outerwear has been hitting lately. Peacoats are dope. Goose down jackets are dope. 

I still have a lot of my J.Crew stuff from the late 90's in storage; I rocked the terry cloth navy blue long sleeve with my puffy vest and some wide leg jeans...thought I was doing in HS then my best friend bought the same outfit and I just had to give him one of these 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

They always have sales though. Plus if it's not on sale show your Student ID and it's 15% off. I slick talked them once into taking my Student ID on a few sales items too so it doesn't hurt to try. Their Factory Store's are also
smokin.gif
 if you're near one.

they really give a 15% discount for students? I didn't know... is it for all items in-store?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

how do the slims fit?  tight slim or relaxed slim
the vintage slim are pretty relaxed (for a slim jean).. since i didn't want something that went overboard

actually just grabbed the wrong pair (was looking more at the wash and size) when i was trying on jeans and figured what the hell

smokin.gif
 if you're near one.

real life...
no way! nice info...

i love j crew

davizzy and breezylocks- Yup it's a company-wide policy. Just tell them you have your Student ID when you go to the register and they'll take 15% off all regular-priced items, or like I had mentioned sweet talk them into giving it on sale items too (it helps if you're buying a couple of items that are both on sale and regularly priced).

RealRubirosa- Yeah I can't remember his name but I remember FastCompany did a piece on him and how he's totally turned them around.

I still don't get why some J. Crew locations only sell Womens clothing though. The one closest to my apartment at school is that way 
ohwell.gif
 but the fact that I can drive 25 minutes to both a Regular retail location with mens and womens, and a Factory Store more than makes up for it. 
pimp.gif

J Crew 
pimp.gif

Wish my girl still worked there, the employee discount is real nice

Easily my fav store. If y'all make a team j. Crew count me in. I've spent a couple hundred over ta last few months on sweaters alone.... It's funny I'm the ksteezy of my job ppl are always asking where I shop n it's always j. Crew bro.

My store also allows me to use my student Id on sale items so i never pay retail... Couple weeks ago I lucked up n got the puffer jacket on sale plus discount ;hat

Originally Posted by Al Audi

interesting, didnt know that

yea i have not been there in a while, i usually go to B. Republic.

used to be the same way my man. now im j crew all the way, although republic is generally a little bit cheaper. im also into slimmer fitting clothes and i feel like j crew fits me better. 

davizzy and breezylocks- Yup it's a company-wide policy. Just tell them you have your Student ID when you go to the register and they'll take 15% off all regular-priced items, or like I had mentioned sweet talk them into giving it on sale items too (it helps if you're buying a couple of items that are both on sale and regularly priced).

RealRubirosa- Yeah I can't remember his name but I remember FastCompany did a piece on him and how he's totally turned them around.

I still don't get why some J. Crew locations only sell Womens clothing though. The one closest to my apartment at school is that way 
ohwell.gif
 but the fact that I can drive 25 minutes to both a Regular retail location with mens and womens, and a Factory Store more than makes up for it. 
pimp.gif
you don't have to sweet talk anyone, the discount applies to sale merchandise as well as long as it isn't a partnership item.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I find it funny how J.Crew was just discovered here...

No one remembers the roll neck sweaters, barn jackets, anoraks and comical multiple layers of the 90's J. Crew?!?!

Even when I wore my clothes baggier in the 80's and 90's, J Crew had a Giant Fit cut of jeans and chinos that was dope.
How in the hell did I forget about the Giant Fit jeans!?!

Maaan, that brings me back.

laugh.gif
team J.crew I can !*$$ with it :smile:

sick.gif
@ 150$ for a ludlow...mines with the alterations is at about 750$!

I'm looking to get a second suit though

Till this day I haven't found a pair of jeans that fit me as good as their 484 slim fits, if only they had a light washed distressed color...I'd be all over it.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Till this day I haven't found a pair of jeans that fit me as good as their 484 slim fits, if only they had a light washed distressed color...I'd be all over it.
They do, but its a retail only wash.
I'm a personal shopper for J.Crew so, obviously, I'm biased. They have stepped it up with the denim & suiting, though. 

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I don't know what his her position title is, but J. Crew got a new guy lady running the show about ten years ago and he she turned the brand around and got them the image they have now with being modern and cool. CNN ran a short segment about it/him her and how he she changed the company not too long ago.
She is Jenna Lyons and she is the president and creative director at J. Crew.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

too expensive for me...
Go the outlets.  I feel like the factory stores have a better selection than my local mall store.  The outlet prices have gone up though but they often have sales.
On a side note, I was very close to making my sn j. crew before I went with this one.  It would've been so corny.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Sig check
nerd.gif

Btw their Vneck tees >>>>>>>

Here ya go bros

ahhhhh bro Abercrombie & Fitch plain v necks  >*

I like Jcrew's but they don't hold up near as well

Back
Top Bottom