Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

I ended up getting 38mm series 1 from target came out to $175 shipped with a GC I had from a previous return.

I don't feel like she needs the series 2.

if you're not an avid runner that's gonna use use the gps, then you're fine the with the 1

i'm still rocking the one. I don't use the HR mo it or cause I do crossfit and take the watch off to workout. So really the main thing I use it for is the notifications

Last edited:
This is pretty cool for $15: http://www.elagostore.com/stand/w-stand/w3-stand.html

'84 Mac Charging Station
apple-watch-elago-w3-charging-stand-1984-macintosh-1.jpg

apple-watch-elago-w3-charging-stand-1984-macintosh-2.jpg

apple-watch-elago-w3-charging-stand-1984-macintosh-3.jpg

^
Are you saying that the Charge HR does not calculate the miles right ? Over-calculates or under ?

Over calculates. For example, I would wake up in the morning and have around 500+ steps. I don't think I'm a sleepwalker either btw. :lol:

Anybody upgrade from the Series 1 to the Series 2 with GPS? Really thinking of doing so but want some opinions.

unless you're an avid runner and are getting it to take advantage of the gps there's no point. it's the same damn thing :lol:

I would actually trade on my series 2 for a series 1 if I could. I have a full sleeve (tattoos) on my watch arm so a good deal of the health functions on my Apple watch don't work.

If I wouldn't have gotten it as a gift I surely would've made a stink about it.

I would actually trade on my series 2 for a series 1 if I could. I have a full sleeve (tattoos) on my watch arm so a good deal of the health functions on my Apple watch don't work.

If I wouldn't have gotten it as a gift I surely would've made a stink about it.

Wait

Tattoos affect the skin contact?

Any good/must have apps out there?
nerd.gif

I basically been running some of the ones already installed on my phone (ig, google maps, uber, etc) and then I downloaded some app that tracks how much water/fluid you drink daily. 

Last edited:
Copped one the other day but didn't realize I had to be on either Bluetooth or wifi for it to connect to my phone. I thought a simple LTE signal would work. That may be the deal breaker for me.

Definitely affects skin contact. The heart rate and stand features are almost non existent for me. Super annoying, and I haven't found a fix yet.
Are both arms tattooed? If not wear it on the other wrist, after a month it will feel normal. 

Are both arms tattooed? If not wear it on the other wrist, after a month it will feel normal. 

I kinda refuse to wear it on my right arm. It's probably dumb but it's improper watch etiquette. I'd rather have a watch that just works smh

Last edited:
I kinda refuse to wear it on my right arm. It's probably dumb but it's improper watch etiquette. I'd rather have a watch that just works smh
There's no watch etiquette on which wrist to wear a watch, most wear it on the nondominant hand but there's no rule. 

I never thought about your issue until you mentioned it honestly but the light used for the sensors probably conflict with the colors used in your tattoo. I wonder if there's some workaround sounds like  you need something similar to smartphone gloves but for your wrist 
laugh.gif

There's no watch etiquette on which wrist to wear a watch, most wear it on the nondominant hand but there's no rule. 

I never thought about your issue until you mentioned it honestly but the light used for the sensors probably conflict with the colors used in your tattoo. I wonder if there's some workaround sounds like  you need something similar to smartphone gloves but for your wrist :lol:

Wearing it on your non dominant hand is the etiquette. Historically people did that so they wouldn't ruin the face of their watch from whatever activities they do with their dominant hand.

That same principle applies to me now, I know the watch is strong but I'm more likely to shatter or break it by wearing it on my right hand. I'd also feel really weird.

I'm black and my tats are mostly grey scale (black and white), from my understanding the sensors really don't work will with those pigments/ changes.

Debating picking up a Series 2. Anybody have any recent feedback after owning one? Looking to use it for fitness and to cut down on phone use when traveling/driving.

Hmmm. How do you guys like using the watch? Worth the price? 

Also, hows the battery life when using it on your phone?

Hmmm. How do you guys like using the watch? Worth the price? 

Also, hows the battery life when using it on your phone?
I caught a gen 1 for cheap,just for the convenience of not having to get my phone out of my pocket constantly it's worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom