Anyone play basketball?

Moving to a spot off Magnolia where the 5 and 91 connect in Anaheim. Any good gym runs that don't require a gym membership?

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by DFABIX

OC Checking in.....

Where in OC?? Some real good spots to play...
1stly, I'm nowhere near your level of play homie.... =) haha

disclaimer laid out, I stay in the Anaheim area...
I usually play ball at 24hr and occasionally go to the rec center in Hawaiian Gardens...
I heard there is one in La Mirada also, but haven't been before...
I rarely play outdoors, my body is old.

OC Checking in.....

I usually play ball at 24hr and occasionally go to the rec center in Hawaiian Gardens...
La Mirada is older guys that usually just run halfs...Went once years ago, I'll ask my boy if it has changed...

La Mirada is older guys that usually just run halfs...Went once years ago, I'll ask my boy if it has changed...

It's still the same. They run there Tuesday/Wednesday nights around 8-8:15 and play till after 10. Older guys and a group of Asian dudes usually run halfs all night on one side and another group runs full on the other side. The comp is bad but it's a sweat. If you're looking for half court games though, they run games for two and half hours straight pretty much.

Ahhh.....I can't handle just halfs....unless it's only 3's...
dono why folks wanna run 4's on a half court....it's way too crowded.
There is a fee to play at the LM gym, right?

La Mirada 24 hr has picked up (compared to the last 6 months, where it was just me and another homie playing 1 on 1 full court, jk)...

I used to go to 24hr in Anaheim off Orangewood, but it got packed and I hated the 3-4 game waits...
I haven't been there in quite some time...

Ecook, where you usually play?

where u guys play? be specific, time and date too.

also, how do you guys run full? ones and 2s? call your own fouls?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

typical pick up ball style.
1s & 2s...call your own...no back court...honor basis for who got next....no picking up players already playing if there are enough waiting....same ole stuff every city, right?

Ahhh.....I can't handle just halfs....unless it's only 3's...
dono why folks wanna run 4's on a half court....it's way too crowded.
There is a fee to play at the LM gym, right?

La Mirada 24 hr has picked up (compared to the last 6 months, where it was just me and another homie playing 1 on 1 full court, jk)...

I used to go to 24hr in Anaheim off Orangewood, but it got packed and I hated the 3-4 game waits...
I haven't been there in quite some time...

Ecook, where you usually play?
CSUF later at night like 10 pm...Got some guys that played in the nbadl and old college players...Home Depot Center has some really good runs earlu in the morning like 9 am on the weekends with dudes that can really play.

In the summer I typically run at UCLA and Home Depot Center....I also like the USC Galen runs, but these are more invite only type deals tbh.

It all matters if you are looking for a run that is serious, or just a sweat.

Played at this church in Brea two weeks ago and it was point up...Dude that was terrible on my team got trapped and threw me the ball that barely went back court, guy on the other team called it on us
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I seriously have never heard of that in a pick up game.

I play 1's and 2's, call ur own foul...If no one waiting we play win by 2 sometimes.

If anyone is down to meet up and run I'm with it...Met up with a few nter's to play before they can vouch...Might be getting a 24 hr pass since everyone seems to be playing there now
grin.gif

/end rant/

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

typical pick up ball style.
1s & 2s...call your own...no back court...honor basis for who got next....no picking up players already playing if there are enough waiting....same ole stuff every city, right?
i guess that's cool. i've played w/ mix crowds, but some guys are extremely physical and dirty.  i'm an old man wanting to play .

just let me know more specifically.

Played at this church in Brea two weeks ago and it was point up...Dude that was terrible on my team got trapped and threw me the ball that barely went back court, guy on the other team called it on us
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Did you go up to the church in Brea on a Wednesday. I hear about this church that a bunch of people go to only on Wednesdays though. 

Back
Top Bottom