anyone play the piano?

So recently I decided to try to learn how to play the piano.  anyone on NT have any advice for me. 

this is only because i hate when noone replies to my threads. yes i play piano. advice? what? you don't need advice just learn to play it's not rocket science

Originally Posted by wildcard

this is only because i hate when noone replies to my threads. yes i play piano. advice? what? you don't need advice just learn to play it's not rocket science
Maybe that's why nobody replies to your threads. Why not try to give actual advice and get the ball rolling?

Practice helps with muscle memory, which is important. But i'd also suggest playing with your eyes closed from time to tiime, so you don't have to think about what your playing, but instead feel the vibrations you're creating.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by wildcard

Maybe that's why nobody replies to your threads. Why not try to give actual advice and get the ball rolling?
yeah yeah

The quicker you can keep your eyes from looking at your fingers, the better.

practice your scales alot and chords.

go here too for some help.

musictheory.net 

Spoiler [+]
t5gl69.gif

like everyone else has said, the best advice is practice. I quit a few times starting out because it was boring, just don't give up and you'll be playing Chopin in no time

good thread actually. i tried a few years ago. i'm too mechanistic when i play. i worry about the notes really bad. look at my fingers and such.

learning saxophone was easier, but maybe because I was younger.

patience and most of all practice.

i used to play and i regret not taking any more lessons. I was thinking of buying a keyboard or a clavinova and try to re-teach myself.

i play piano.

repetition and practice are key. do you know how to read music? if so, don't buy just sheet music and song books. also buy some repetitive chord/scale studies, etc. your strength and dexterity will improve tremendously.

i can play "i need love" by uncle L, and when i play it for the ladies, you ALREADY know them drawls are coming off.

i'm lying, but not about the song though. i just don't own a piano, i play it on this old plastic keyboard my grandmother gave me back in '91.

Been playing for 10 years. Since you're just starting, I'm assuming you look down at your hands a lot. Try to get a feel for the keys. It'll come naturally after awhile though. Just keep practicing

Relearning.... coming along good so far.....

I would def recommend this joint to anyone
trying to learn...

Back
Top Bottom