Anyone purchase the DDICKS Sporting Goods Sneaker Insurance?

EddieWinslow1983

formerly piczon1983
Just bought a pair of Oreo VI's at %%%@% Sporting Goods and they offered me a sneaker replacement program for an additional 18 dollars. Basically they said if I get a scuff, defect, normal wear and tear, etc, just bring back the shoes and you get a replacement or a gift card. Sounds pretty good if u ask me. Anybody have this?

Sounds like a program that will go bust.

Shoes are covered by the manufacturer for defects.

Nobody will buy it cuz they'll want the same shoes again and they'll be sold out.

Just save your money.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Just bought a pair of Oreo VI's at @%+++ Sporting Goods and they offered me a sneaker replacement program for an additional 18 dollars. Basically they said if I get a scuff, defect, normal wear and tear, etc, just bring back the shoes and you get a replacement or a gift card. Sounds pretty good if u ask me. Anybody have this?

this is DlCKS sporting goods i assume? i'd like to read the fine print on these. normal wear and tear, really???? insurance is usually a good idea for large losses(auto/home/life). but sneakers? save yourself the 18 dollars.

normal wear and tear? if thats the case you wear them for 3-4 months to ball in then when they are done you give them back for your money back. I go through bball kicks like crazy and sounds like a good idea but the DDicks sporting goods in my area have the worst selection of basketball shoes possible.

yeah this is DICKSS. When thye manager said wear and tear i was surprised also. She said if someone scuffs them up, normal wear and tear and all that, u have 30 days to get a replacement on the spot or a gift card. After 30 days u have to send them in to their company and they will mail u back a gift card for the original purchase price. I purchased it but the good thing is if i decide later on that I dont want the insurance anymore, the insurance is also refundable if u havent used it.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

It sounds like they gain nothing from this? Why would they do it?

there must be some sort of catch
there has to be....they can't be simply banking on the chance that people will pay for it then forget about it. how long are you eligible for a refund on the insurance itself?    

I used to work for sports authority and they had the same thing first, it's just a scam save your money. They are banking on you forgetting all about it
and not using it at all . They've made millions off of that, it's basically pure profit for them.

It's not only Ddicks sporting goods that does this, TSA also. This is just another added profit for them (and sometimes they are given by their DMs to make a certain number monthly). Remember they don't pay retail for the merchandise that they sell, so they're not really losing anything. It's true that you're covered by the manufacturer if it's a manufaturer's defect. And I bet you 9 out of 10 that they will exchange an item even if you don't get the insurance because they would not want to lose your business with them.

I wouldn't do it, especially shoes that will eventually sell out, maybe not at that store but it seems like a waste of money.  I remember in the 90s when footlocker would take your shoes back no questions ask even after like 3 months of wear... and give you a brand new equivialant, only way I was able to keep crispy shoes as a kid!!!

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs
WTB LEBRON SAMPLES AND PEs size 12 and 12.5 NEW OR USED
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

$18 for the insurance, 100 people buy the insurance. Then 2-3 people use and abuse the insurance plan. I'm pretty sure #%%+'s has another program else where that will fix and re-sell that product for the dirt. #%%+ making money at the end of the day!

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

I used to work for sports authority and they had the same thing first, it's just a scam save your money. They are banking on you forgetting all about it
and not using it at all . They've made millions off of that, it's basically pure profit for them.

that's not a scam though....just taking advantage of people's forgetfulness. if, in fact, the only way they plan to make money off of this is by people forgetting then don't forget....that simple. Sounds like a hell of a deal if there are no strings attached..... 

You'll never get another pair of 6s A few months from now why insure them with a crappy sporting goods store. They're just desperate for shoe sales or something. Save the dough.

only way i can think to use this to your advantage is having doubles, put the insurance on one, beat them down until the end of the insurance policy term, then turn 'em in for a gift card (cuz most likely they ain't gonna still have the shoe, much less in your size), and cop something else.

Back
Top Bottom