anyone read the 4 hour workweek?

It's on my to-do list. Can I get a brief summary of what you've read so far?

its ok.....not realistic to put the whole thing in practice...... I dont even know jobs that would allow you to do some of the things he suggests....But I think the book is supposed to just show you how to value your time more in the long run.....

Originally Posted by DublBagn

its ok.....not realistic to put the whole thing in practice...... I dont even know jobs that would allow you to do some of the things he suggests....But I think the book is supposed to just show you how to value your time more in the long run.....
exactly.  im reading this and thinking to myself this is all bs.  

Funny, my company adopted 90% of the practices talked about in the book and we're without a doubt the leading company in our industry.

Obviously if you're some bum kid working at Footlocker, then no this book is not for you.

I thought the book was garbage, however there are some good pieces
Most people like it, I don't

Best book I've ever read and I'm extremely excited about his superhuman strength book coming out in september
alot of %++$ he is talking about can be taken indirectly and used in your everyday life.

its a different way of looking at things and these concepts can be applied to anything

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Funny, my company adopted 90% of the practices talked about in the book and we're without a doubt the leading company in our industry.

Obviously if you're some bum kid working at Footlocker, then no this book is not for you.
and what company is that??? 

So you are saying that most of your company is paying a portion of their salary to get their work done for them???  I am all about streamlining in house staff and practices.  But I have owned and operated a small company and if I found out my research dept. was sending everything out of house to get data mined I would fire them, and keep sending the work to india to get done for a nickle on the dollar....

nerd.gif

cliffnotes?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

and what company is that??? 

So you are saying that most of your company is paying a portion of their salary to get their work done for them???  I am all about streamlining in house staff and practices.  But I have owned and operated a small company and if I found out my research dept. was sending everything out of house to get data mined I would fire them, and keep sending the work to india to get done for a nickle on the dollar....

I'm in sales. I get paid for performance. Any redundant tasks get outsourced. All I have to do is make calls and manage the client relationship.

What makes more sense - me wasting 50% of my time on redundant tasks, or my company hiring me an assistant in a foreign country for $300/month?

Very good book IMO. Some parts he waffles on, and some of his marketing schemes are next to useless.

This book really awakend me to how much time we as humans spend on striving to acquiring wealth.. It gives you a different perspective on how to achieve your financial goals which is never a bad thing

Back
Top Bottom