Anyone see this? OSAMA BIN LADEN "AP sources: Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6"

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

and also why are they still using a vietnam-era helicopter? It's a piece of garbage

Blackhawks can't reach the altitudes that the Chinooks can. Also crazily the Chinook is the fastest helicopter in the US inventory.

SEAL pipeline ~ 2 years, combat experience, most likely 2+++ deployments, the DEVGRU training pipeline, unknown but if Delta's is around 6 months I'd say its at least that if not more

Such a huge loss

scribble253

There were that money because it was a QRF like Elder said. They had to get going fast with the assets available.

Elder

The modern usage of close air support is broken and the Air Force refuses to fix it. The AC-130U is a beast of an aircraft but if rules remain the same from 2005 they are not allowed to fly during daylight hours. They are also expensive to operate also. The current CAS doctrine is broke.  Here is a great article by a LTC about updating CAS. But I agree with you, having that many operators on one helo is an unnecessary risk.

It's mind boggling to think 17 DEVGRU operators, 5 support personal, 3 AF CCT, and 5 Army pilots were all killed at once. Your Special Forces Truths are so damn on point.

MaddenFan04

DEVGRU=Delta. Both are Tier 1 organizations. So I'd imagine that the training length is similar.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Yeah, we definitely took out 30 of our best soldiers on purpose.

laugh.gif
 i like a good conspiracy theory as much the next man, but some of the people here are just dumb. theres no way the govt would take out it's most elite warriors over some osama bin laden cover up. these guys are too important in getting stuff done. and the time and money it would take to replace them would be way too much.
RIP 

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

and also why are they still using a vietnam-era helicopter? It's a piece of garbage

Blackhawks can't reach the altitudes that the Chinooks can. Also crazily the Chinook is the fastest helicopter in the US inventory.

thanks.

SO.... anyone who dares to question even a small portion of what the media/government tells you is immediately stamped as a conspiracy loon, apparently discussion and critical thinking is not appreciated.
This seems pretty is tragic to me, especially coming from "the land of the free"

Originally Posted by lexflex81

SO.... anyone who dares to question even a small portion of what the media/government tells you is immediately stamped as a conspiracy loon, apparently discussion and critical thinking is not appreciated.
This seems pretty is tragic to me, especially coming from "the land of the free"
Questioning the report based on what though?   
Evidence?   Credible sources stating the contrary?   

What exactly are you questioning in this case?

Elder

That's why I said we need to update our CAS. The Air Force was headed in the right direction with the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance program but funding was recently blocked.

Back
Top Bottom