Anyone start getting these scamming fake PayPal payments recently?

So this dude hits me up on some kicks I'm selling and he sends me an email showing PayPal is awaiting shipment for them to process his payment to my account smh. Do people actually fall for this?

I'm thinking of creating my own website or selling exclusively on NT for this and other reasons.

Man there is ZERO protection for sellers on eBay.

Yup, I remember first learning about this scam from two different NTers that fell for the okie doke.

People actually fall for these scams believe it or not :lol:

All you have to do is log in your account to make sure the money is really there.

^

That's not true. eBay has protected countless of times against scammers.

I don't feel comfortable selling on there anymore.

180 days to file a dispute. 180 days as a buyer. Let that sink in.

That's 6 months!!

People will be buying things and then returning them at the 5 month mark stating "not as advertised"

I don't feel comfortable selling on there anymore.

180 days to file a dispute. 180 days as a buyer. Let that sink in.

That's 6 months!!

People will be buying things and then returning them at the 5 month mark stating "not as advertised"

yeah that's ridiculous.....

absolutely no justifiable reason for that.

It's too easy to get negative feedback. There should be a process for this.

I got a return request today... which I gladly accepted. It was for a $9 SOAP DISH.

Then I checked my feedback....fuuuuuuu

It was negative

Yep. Was selling a phone a few months ago and some dude sent me an email saying they paid for the item. I didn't see squat in my paypal account so I reported it to ebay and went my merry ways

Yo. I fell for it once I receive the email and they wanted me to ship the cdp pack 5/18 to Nigeria... I got the email saying it was payed. I was So excited cUz I out grew the pack months after it came out so I shipped it. Then checked my paypal and saw no funds or pending called paypal and they said it was a scam. I was able to re route the shipment on the shoes. Lost 40 bucks on shipment and payed a re-route fee too

constantly get this crap. just the other day dude sent me the fake email then called me from a blocked number to tell me to ship to his address and said id get paid soon as item was delivered i just laughed and said "u better be callin from a blocked number punk, u wouldn't try no **** like this in person"

Back
Top Bottom