Anyone surprised at how out of shape they are???? vol. doctor appointment

I can play ball for 2 hours, go hiking, do whatever and know I'm a little out of shape but wowowow i didn't realize HOW out of shape my body was. Iwent to a pod bf%/body composition testing center and threw down the $50 to find out accurately what bf% etc I am. Pretty sweet the way they do it; a lowdensity x-ray and it spits out what sort of fat% you have in arms, legs, trunks, abs, etc etc as well as how much lean muscle etc you have. So overall i wasat approx 30% bf, low end being 18% in arms, and high end 40% in abs area, averaging out to about 30% overall. Gives me motivation for summer to lose some bf%and get into prime shape (want to get to 15%). I am 5'6 and a quarter, 168 lbs (shorter/heavier than i thought also lol) and can touch about 9'3 off afull speed two foot jump. Ideally would like to touch 10'3 by the end of August!

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

I am 5'6 and a quarter, 168 lbs (shorter/heavier than i thought also lol) and can touch about 9'3 off a full speed two foot jump. Ideally would like to touch 10'3 by the end of August!
Are you a female? Just wondering.

But good luck, diets are the worst

Hahaha no, they told me I was 5'6 and a quarter. I dunno but the quarter was important to mention haha. I went from waking up today thinking I was 5'8to now being 5'6. I am definitely not dieting. Just eating less/no late night post 10 pm meals. Doing a lot of kettlebell training (worksabs/hips/cardio/weight training)..it's the ultimate workout tool. Should be dropping the bf% rapidly, need to get in shape for a lowered rim dunk contestwe have going on.

im 5'8 and 160, I feel im in good shape
grin.gif

Wow 5' 6" and 165lbs is definitely outside of being in shape. Im 5' 10" and 165 and I feel out of shape where I am now! Im glad you aremotivated to do something about it, you will enjoy the results!

Based on what the medical community is learning about visceral fat, which is fat that is in your mid section and around your organs, you should considerliposuction. More and more doctors are stressing that liposuction for the mid section is not a vanity but a procedure that can seriously improve your health.

If your body is generally lean elsewhere and stores a very large share of your body fat around the organs, those fat cells are active and produce hormones,most notably estrogen and inflammatory hormones. If you are active and you still have a couple of pounds of fat inside of your torso, get ride of it one way oranother. Your risk or cancer and heart disease are higher with all of that visceral fat.

I realized this about a year ago and slowly made the move towards a healthy lifestyle. Now, I continue to drop body fat and gain muscle. My immune system is inamazing shape and I rarely get sick. It's amazing to be healthy. It only rakes about 30 minutes a day of exercise to accomplish this. Along with that, justmake sure that you get the proper amount of nutrients and you're set.

Ya I know huh! That is what I mean by surprised though...i did not think I was THISSSS out of shape. I've played bball about 3-4x times a week for the last3 months and play about 2 hours each time and I do not struggle going up and down the court. I generally am the quickest player out there, and have no problemout hooping my friends (who are all like in great great shape). I knew I put on a lot of weight (about 25 pounds) when I left Cali for a year but I have beenlosing weight every week since I've been back (due to better eating and no pizza). I knew I was out of shape, but I def did not think I was 30 bf%!!! Hellasurprised. I think a lot of people would be surprised if they went and got themselves checked out using this method, most places due hella inaccurate (healthclub with calipers, etc). I don't really look too out of shape...i look slightly overweight if anything. I asked the lady about it and she said most peopleare a lot higher bf% than they think. This is the place I went to,

http://www.bodycompositioncenter.com/what.html

We're in the same boat dude. So far ive lost 8 pounds but ive been slacking as of late but im back on it. Im trying to lose 60 pounds in total.

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Ya I know huh! That is what I mean by surprised though...i did not think I was THISSSS out of shape. I've played bball about 3-4x times a week for the last 3 months and play about 2 hours each time and I do not struggle going up and down the court. I generally am the quickest player out there, and have no problem out hooping my friends (who are all like in great great shape). I knew I put on a lot of weight (about 25 pounds) when I left Cali for a year but I have been losing weight every week since I've been back (due to better eating and no pizza). I knew I was out of shape, but I def did not think I was 30 bf%!!! Hella surprised. I think a lot of people would be surprised if they went and got themselves checked out using this method, most places due hella inaccurate (health club with calipers, etc). I don't really look too out of shape...i look slightly overweight if anything. I asked the lady about it and she said most people are a lot higher bf% than they think. This is the place I went to,

http://www.bodycompositioncenter.com/what.html
Calipers are very accurate depending on who's doing the testing.

Explain more about this procedure. Im VERY skeptical about your results.

Also, it seems accurate. Says I am fat in the belly are (which I am) and not so fat in other areas...which im not. Looking at me visually..that is 100% true. Iam just surprised as to the extent of HOW fat I am. Would of though my percentages all around are a bit lower.

Back
Top Bottom