Anyone take pix on the regular just to 'capture the moment'?

wj4

You know, the typical Myspace steez..carry a camera everywhere and take pix?

I'm asking because I was going through my old albums, from baby pictures to high school. I noticed that I didn't have many pix of post high school,but have tons of priceless moments with my close friends. It would've made it that much better if there were pix to go along with the moments. I'mtempted to buy a small point and shoot camera and just take pix 'on the fly' so I can relive the moments later on in life because chances are, as lifegoes on, you will probably lose touch with some of the close friends, be it because of relocating, family, etc.

I try to as much as possible.

My friends make fun of me, though.
laugh.gif

if you do, get an SD1200. small, and an AWESOME P&S cam. but, video is better than pics. especially at dennys when chick got mad at sergio over sausagelinks (nh)
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I try to as much as possible.

My friends make fun of me, though.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
We do as well. We would clown on them for being the tourists type, but all in fun though. I'm just realizing this now, days before mygraduation in which some of my colleagues that I've become close to since '03-'04 are about to relocate for jobs..SMH.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

nahh. i find those people that love to take pictures of every damn thing to be quite annoying.

QFT. And its mostly chicks who do that

Originally Posted by CWrite78

if you do, get an SD1200. small, and an AWESOME P&S cam. but, video is better than pics. especially at dennys when chick got mad at sergio over sausage links (nh)
roll.gif
That moment needed Speilberg to direct it. My son got gipped for that extra link.

AJ's bro...let's go take some pix, man....Asian style!
smile.gif

i try to for the most part.

There was a time a while back (i think around 2000), when i had a sony cybershot 3 mp camera that i decided to bring with me to take pics of me and my boyswhen we did our weekend thing, clubs, bars, car shows, camping etc. In one year i think i took about 200 solid pictures (the rest were out of focus or ofnothing). In 2001 my boy passed away. When looking through all the pictures i took it really made me feel better, knowing that we lived it up for a while. Icant express how much those pictures mean to me because after my boy passed away, i pretty much lost touch with that group of people. It reminds me when thingswere a little easier.

I missed capturing those moments as well.
smh.gif

Im also too tempted on buying a semi good/cheap digital camera, so i can take pics of any moment while on the go. because to me moments are most memorable& Priceless are never planned. they just 'happen' for me that is...

Thanks for reminding me.

Originally Posted by wj4

if you do, get an SD1200. small, and an AWESOME P&S cam. but, video is better than pics. especially at dennys when chick got mad at sergio over sausage
links (nh)
roll.gif
That moment needed Speilberg to direct it. My son got gipped for that extra link.

smile.gif

i got that squat on lock, and the lean to get everyone in the picture...forget taking a step back, just lean back as far as you can.
laugh.gif

what camera do you have right now?

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

Originally Posted by wj4

if you do, get an SD1200. small, and an AWESOME P&S cam. but, video is better than pics. especially at dennys when chick got mad at sergio over sausage
links (nh)
roll.gif

smile.gif

i got that squat on lock, and the lean to get everyone in the picture...forget taking a step back, just lean back as far as you can.
laugh.gif

what camera do you have right now?
I had a small point and shoot Canon that was purchased 2 years back..I forget the model, but it's the same size as my old LG Chocolate phone. My mom's been using it and refuse to give it back. The other camera I have is a Canon DSLR. I'm not going to assemble that mess just to take pix onthe fly though.
laugh.gif
I only use it for car shoots.

I'm thinking of getting a $200 Canon point and shoot from Best Buy today or tomorrow. Well before my graduation for sure.
laugh.gif

I think its a good idea because I dont have many pics to look back on, I bought a camera and havn't followed up on it tho.

Thats what girls are for. I swear sometimes I don't even realize they are taking pictures until I've been tagged 35 times on Facebook.

I take pictures and videos all the time
Its mostly just when me and my friends are doing something dumb

I did for a bit, but I just felt awkward because my friends would always try to pose in pictures.

I'd rather take candid, more natural pictures, but people would always react and try to pose when I tried to take them.

I need to start taking more pictures though, at least some that don't involve my friends at bars or drinking heavily, which is what most of our picturesinvolve.

haha i do it for the heck of it. becuase i love taking pictures, and i love looking back on the memories. i carry around a DSLR LOL. no hypebeast.

Back
Top Bottom