Anyone think Bun B is going to fall off w/o Pimp C?

prem092

Banned
I'm listening to his new song "That's Gangster" Ft. Sean Kingston & his music w/o Pimp C is kind of weak, IMO. W/o Pimp C saying somepimp type stuff & always saying "Pimp C, hold up" the songs aren't going to be the same.

R.I.P. Pimp C

thats just one song , dont start doubtin the man.

havent you heard "Trill"? that album was heat
pimp.gif
. I think hisworth without the pimp has been proven

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

pimp.gif
. I think his worth without the pimp has been proven

pretty much, he has done alot of good work without pimp c.

You gotta remember, he really became popular when pimp c was locked up and he more than held his own on the 16's..

Originally Posted by petozham

You gotta remember, he really became popular when pimp c was locked up and he more than held his own on the 16's..

basically

Bun is a smart dude. Very Intelligent and educated, and I have alot of respect for him because of that. A decent lyricist on his own. Pimp C was the musicalside of UGK, and bun was the more lyrical. He'll be alright.

Since Chad's death, he's said he's switching up his style though, so....

pimp.gif

You summed it up perfectly. I gotta say though Trill was damn near a compilation album lol. So i'll say he still hasn't really proven he can make awhole album by himself but Trill was a banger. Bun B will never fall off because dude works at his craft. He's made his bread in the game but he'salways tryin' to get better. That's +!% Pimp C said himself. I'll take a UGK album over a Bun or Pimp solo any day of the week but the brotha is nolonger here with us so its time to move on. But Bun is gonna hold his down. Its not even about album sales with dude.

I can't think of any guest track with him on it that was weak though. Dude has spit some of the hottest 16's in the last decade.

Man, go listen to his 16 on T.I.'s bezzle; he murdered everyone on that track. Bun won't fall off, if anything he'll get better in Chad'sabsence.

Everything else worth saying has already been said in this thread already.

Never that Bun has always been the lyrical one, Pimp was just the flashy one. Bun will be on top of his game even with pimp is gone. R.I.P to Pimp C I stillcan't believe it. TEXAS STAND UP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif

pretty much, he has done alot of good work without pimp c.

Basically.

recognition and fame wise,,,,, atleast the way i saw it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bun b had his best years while pimp c was in jail. he became a much strongersolo artist with all of his guest appearances etc etc etc.

hell no

Bun B is sick....Trill was a great album..and his fuel for that was Pimp being locked up.....i cant wait to hear his next album cause i know its gonna have tolet his emotions go out on a couple tracks

Y'all see the special on Beef IV about "Free Pimp C"?

"See me and Bun is like rice n beeeans..."

To me Bun B is better with Pimp C, his solo album prove to me that he can't hold it his down by himself. He's a very good rapper but he had too manyguess spots on his album, he's the type the doesn't need that.

IMO i always proffered Bun B as a solo artist than Bun B with Pimp C. honestly i never even paid attention to UGK until Bun was spitting solo due to Pimp Cbeing locked up, thats when i got to hear Bun's MC skills without the distraction of Pimp C. Bun's metaphors and punchlines were/are always on pointand always came through with a solid verse/song."Trill" definitely showcased Bun's talent and made it well known that he could stand on his owntwo without any assistance form his partner.anyways Pimp C was always kinda annoying to me with that whinny voice and those ABC type lyrics just reminded me ofLil Boosie. no disrespect to Pimp C(R.I.P.) but i think that with Pimp C's passing Bun will be able to focus on his career and reach the next level of fameto reach all those fans that havent had a chance to hear him yet.and as far as that song with Sean Kingston goes everyone has their slip-ups word to Jay's"sunshine"
ohwell.gif

anyway thats "my" opinion

p.s. agian i state please dont confuse my dislike of Pimp C(musically) as disrespect! R.I.P. Pimp C

Yeah he became his own man while pimp was locked up...even though his album had alot of features he still held it down by appearing on other peoles songs aswell...so to answer your question yessur!

Back
Top Bottom