Anyone think that Jay Cutler is acting like a *%%!$?

Jets def show interest, but last thing NYC needs is a 2nd sensitive athlete.

Good QB def Top 10 material but he needs to cut down on those INT's. He'll probably be better off in those smaller markets and not a media capital likeNew York.

Yeah. He's acting like he's vastly better than Cassell and that he's actually done anything of real value in the NFL. Please..

Can some of you just admit you've never seen Jay Cutler play football?

There aren't three quarterbacks in the league with better tools, and he isn't "unproven." He's played two full seasons, put up eightgrand, 45 TD, 32 INT and been sacked 38 times (11 times this past season). How much more do you want out of a quarterback in his first two full seasons?

Somebody please post Kiper's Insider article about Cassel being better than Cutler so I can laugh.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3966885

Cassell better than Cutler?

Cutler can actually throw the ball deep and had some clutch wins (even though he digs his own hole at times).

He's good but he needs to be on a small market team IMO.

As a Jets fan, I'm still down for Kellen Clemens or Ratliff, and have our offense run based.

That may just be me though.

Im not surprised. What Vanderbilt grad can you people name thats not a whiney *+*$%*@*%? Jay Cutler, Skip Bayless,.....

There aren't three quarterbacks in the league with better tools, and he isn't "unproven." He's played two full seasons, put up eight grand, 45 TD, 32 INT and been sacked 38 times (11 times this past season). How much more do you want out of a quarterback in his first two full seasons?
Kiddin come on
laugh.gif

For me Im not sayin Cutler doesnt have the goods nor would I say I wouldnt want him on my team cause good QBs dont grow on trees....but he's far from aplayer you are thinking that clear cut about. The Broncos are 17-20 since he took over behind center, they have not even made the playoffs since 2005, and lastyear when they were in the thick of things Cutler stepped up and threw for 6 TDs and 7 INTs in the last 6 games. And now (right or wrong) is throwing hissyfits that have had all kinds of people calling him out.

It's a team game and Jay dont play defense. And Jay also isn't anywhere near his prime yet....but this also is how sports works. The "stars"gotta put up or shut up at some point and hypotheticals eventually go out the window. Dude being in trade talks was shocking yes, but at the same time he'sno Brady or Manning yet and it would be guessing to say he would be close to that.

That said, unless the damage REALLY is done I dont think Denver should unload him and set themselves back even more, I think it's crazy this whole thing.WHo they gonna turn to Chris Sims?

Say what you want about his tools, his comeback wins, etc... But Jay Cutler makes as many bad decisions and digs as many holes for himself as any quarterbackin football...

He's a good quarterback, and potentially a great one, but he's not by any means one of the elite, front-line guys yet...

Like I said before, how many games did Denver's defense put out of reach for Cutler? If they win that last game, they're in the playoffs. They gave up52 points.

Shanahan's system and Brandon Marshall have got to have something to do with this guy's success don't you think?

I have seen a lot of his games (as a Charger fan) and he does have a cannon arm... but so did Ryan Leaf.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Like I said before, how many games did Denver's defense put out of reach for Cutler? If they win that last game, they're in the playoffs. They gave up 52 points.

Even tho im a bolts fan, i have to agree. If that D didnt get humiliated like that, the Broncos would of easily been in the playoffs. In fact, they should oflocked up the playoffs around week 12...but that D was just atrocious. We got really lucky, i wont lie...but we made the most of it in the playoffs.

He has a tremendous physical gift, but his attitude is poor. This is a scenario similar to our favorite Charger Mr. Leaf. I'm not saying will end up likeRyan Leaf.... but he is a <quote>*%%!$</quote> more often than not.

Before you question references, I follow the AFC West very closely and yes I think Rivers is an %%@ too sometimes.

I have seen a lot of his games (as a Charger fan) and he does have a cannon arm... but so did Ryan Leaf.
What are you saying?

You're waitin for that kid to compare them aren't you? You got your alternate SN ready and everything?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Like I said before, how many games did Denver's defense put out of reach for Cutler? If they win that last game, they're in the playoffs. They gave up 52 points.

Even tho im a bolts fan, i have to agree. If that D didnt get humiliated like that, the Broncos would of easily been in the playoffs. In fact, they should of locked up the playoffs around week 12...but that D was just atrocious. We got really lucky, i wont lie...but we made the most of it in the playoffs.
And we had a defense with no semblance of a pass rush, a terrible third year Cromartie performance and no Merriman.

Cutler made his mistakes in some pivotal games, especially at the week 17 matchup with the Bolts.

In the last three games of the season his passer rating was in the 70s.

business is business, understandable, but you can't go out lying about this/that and not expect this sort of reaction that Cutler has been showing. actingchildish or not, does trust or loyalty not exist anymore in business?

His attitude is poor?
laugh.gif

What should his attitude be?

YEAAAH my coach tried to get rid of me...I'm so hyped up about this season now!!!!
eek.gif

%$%+ my owner lied to me, SWEET! Can't wait for training camp.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

His attitude is poor?
laugh.gif

What should his attitude be?

YEAAAH my coach tried to get rid of me...I'm so hyped up about this season now!!!!
eek.gif

%$%+ my owner lied to me, SWEET! Can't wait for training camp.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
He has always had a poor attitude. This just confirms it.

Did Drew Brees act like this when he was ousted? Drew Bledsoe?

How much more do you want out of a quarterback in his first two full seasons?
Meet Ben Roethlisberger. Team goes 15-1 season one, wins the Super Bowl season two.
eek.gif

Honestly, maybe McDaniels didn't make the best move, but Jay needs to be able to accept the NFL for what it is. Always changing, always a battle, andnobody's job is safe. Welcome. And plus, he can put up stats and has "the tools", but he isn't putting up a ton of wins.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

no, i'm glad he's doing this.

Same here. I am loving this. Look how San Diego is/was treating LT! These teams don't give a damn about a player, so why should a player be faithful tothem?. Until the NFL Guarantees contracts, I have no problem with players holding out and doing what Cutler is doing right now.

Unless they knew for a fact that they were going to get Cassel, they should have never even went that route. This McDaniel is a little bit too arrogant for myliking. Your not in New England no more. The football world no longer revolves around you.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

How much more do you want out of a quarterback in his first two full seasons?
Meet Ben Roethlisberger. Team goes 15-1 season one, wins the Super Bowl season two.
eek.gif

Honestly, maybe McDaniels didn't make the best move, but Jay needs to be able to accept the NFL for what it is. Always changing, always a battle, and nobody's job is safe. Welcome. And plus, he can put up stats and has "the tools", but he isn't putting up a ton of wins.
I am not a Cutler fan, but in his defense, not even Tom Brady could win with that defense. The defense was like a motel bed the way they theykept getting scored on.

As far as Roethlisberger, he landing on a pre-made team. His first couple of season, he was just playing caretaker (a la Trent Dilfer with the Ravens). Youmust not remember his first Super Bowl performance. That defense and that running game won that Super Bowl. He has come a long way, but his first couple ofyear can't hold a candle to Cutler's first couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom