Anyone train/practice any Martial Arts?

if so, what art form do you practice?  how long have you been training?

In my advanced age I've recently started to train some martial arts, and regret not doing it when I was younger.  My purpose for training is mostly for regular exercise and as a hobby (learning new technique).  I'm not trying to become the next Bruce Lee or anything like that as I am much too old to be getting into fist fights or brawls with people.

At the recommendation of my NT buddy Club, I've been training brazillian jiu jitsu for about 5 months now and it has been an eye opening experience.  My only previous martial arts experience is when I was 10 years old, taking classes at my local Hapkido dojo.  Training BJJ has been a very humbling experience to say the least, as I have experienced first hand how a 125lb woman can hold their own against a 6' 205lb man (like myself) by utilizing superior technique.  While my free time is limited, the more I learn the more I yearn to learn even more about the art and also other art forms.  I am thinking about cross-training and taking some Judo or Boxing classes in addition to my regular BJJ training with the hopes of testing my abilities in the near future with competitions (even though I will probably get smoked).

Just wanted to see if there are any other martial artists on NT, and what your experiences have been.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

if so, what art form do you practice?  how long have you been training?

In my advanced age I've recently started to train some martial arts, and regret not doing it when I was younger.  My purpose for training is mostly for regular exercise and as a hobby (learning new technique).  I'm not trying to become the next Bruce Lee or anything like that as I am much too old to be getting into fist fights or brawls with people.

At the recommendation of my NT buddy Club, I've been training brazillian jiu jitsu for about 5 months now and it has been an eye opening experience.  My only previous martial arts experience is when I was 10 years old, taking classes at my local Hapkido dojo.  Training BJJ has been a very humbling experience to say the least, as I have experienced first hand how a 125lb woman can hold their own against a 6' 205lb man (like myself) by utilizing superior technique.  While my free time is limited, the more I learn the more I yearn to learn even more about the art and also other art forms.  I am thinking about cross-training and taking some Judo or Boxing classes in addition to my regular BJJ training with the hopes of testing my abilities in the near future with competitions (even though I will probably get smoked).

Just wanted to see if there are any other martial artists on NT, and what your experiences have been.
Muay Thai and JiuJitsu. For a year. 

Back
Top Bottom