Anyone Try Extended Fasting (Intermittent fasting, water fasting, etc)

Used to IF back when my diet was decent, def worked but I also wasn’t working much at the time so was easier. Got shredded off of it

Now it’s hard working 6-2pm daily. You get bored on long lunches, everyone asking you to go to lunch, etc etc

SMH

Be careful because I know a few folks that have GAINED weight doing this. Shorter windows sure, but they crammed in more calories during that time period than normal.

I mean either way you are still going to have a window in which you eat/don't eat.

Some are 8/16
Some are 10/14

Just depends on which one you are doing.

But my point is some people end up cramming a high number of calories into their eating window And end up not making any progress.

Used to IF back when my diet was decent, def worked but I also wasn’t working much at the time so was easier. Got shredded off of it

Now it’s hard working 6-2pm daily. You get bored on long lunches, everyone asking you to go to lunch, etc etc

SMH

Yea it takes a ton of discipline. My wife is the biggest contributor to me breaking the habit of fasting some days. She will randomly bring home snacks knowing I cant resist it.

My solution has been keeping as little food in the house as possible. I cook almost daily for that one meal I eat during fasting and I cook just enough for one meal. Healthy snacks like fruit and yogurt to get me through the post past so I dont binge eat unhealthy things. There are slip ups here and there but its been working for me 5 days a week.

First off, congrats on the progress brian8598 brian8598 ! Keep going on the weight loss journey! Do not worry about what others say as long as you are safe and healthy in process.

Glad this thread was bumped. I realized that I have been slipping with my "IF". I would basically eat in the AM post work-out, eat 4-5 (closer to 5 or more hours later) then another 4-5 hours after that (closer to 5 or later), effectively narrowing my fast to like 12 hours and eating too close to sleep.

Shout out to the homie QU!K QU!K about the Zero recommendation. Downloaded it yesterday and the stock version seems simple enough. The fasting reminders seem like they will be crucial - it definitely shamed me into waiting an extra hour and twenty minutes before having my shake today :lol: I think it will help with my focus. Thanks again!

Update: Nearly three months in and I have lost 10 pounds. Worth mentioning that weight loss wasn't my goal; I'm a pretty slim guy, I didn't even think I had 10 pounds to lose :lol:

For those who are hesitant to start, it's worth mentioning that I did not change my diet at all - but, I have not missed a single day. And I do find myself paying more attention to the added sugar/sodium content of what I eat now, trying not to exceed the 100% daily recommendation.

Update: Nearly three months in and I have lost 10 pounds. Worth mentioning that weight loss wasn't my goal; I'm a pretty slim guy, I didn't even think I had 10 pounds to lose :lol:

For those who are hesitant to start, it's worth mentioning that I did not change my diet at all - but, I have not missed a single day. And I do find myself paying more attention to the added sugar/sodium content of what I eat now, trying not to exceed the 100% daily recommendation.

For sure! Showing myself that I can show some restraint and stick to it has been motivating me to make other improvements.

IF becomes very sustainable but after a long period of time from my experience.
I’m on year 3 now, all my numbers from my annual blood work have improved year to year. I eat a little healthier and work out regularly. Clothes fit better, energy is better, mental state is better.
I’m old and have 2 young sons which are my motivations to keep it going.

INTERMITTENT FASTING is better. Watch your calories and you can drop 2 to 3lbs a week. However, workout so you don't loss muscle.

I’m old and have 2 young sons which are my motivations to keep it going.
I feel you champ. I got a gang of kids myself and wanna be the best me, for them.

Currently goin into the third day of a 3 day fast. Had nothing but water w/ minerals, ACV, and tea (no sugar). Oh, shout out to ice. Its been holding me down for real. This is the best fast Ive done. Felt sluggish at times but no cravings or headaches (that ive had in the past). And my focus has been on some outer worldy level. Im feeling great overall. Will break it later this eve, and looking forward to it.

Just checking back in with this thread! I have stepped up my IF considerably over the past 2-3 weeks. It has made a huge difference in combination with diet. I am actually good with eating breakfast and lunch in the mid-afternoon then I’m good until the next morning when I repeat. My goal is AT LEAST three times per week a I try to roll that into a ~24 hour fast on Sunday when my main meal is a homemade recovery açaí bowl.

There are other changes going on that I could potentially point to but I have been shocked at my appetite suppression. Someone mentioned it in here awhile back but I definitely think it is something you and your body have to get used to but once you do it is smooth sailing. That is also when you can start playing with what you ear for that one meal (ex. I’ve been on the light end and realized that since it is all that I am having, I can have something more substantive.

Hope the other NT Fasters are flourishing as well :nthat:

I just started doing IF last week on the 8/16 window. I’ll eat one or two meals between 12pm to 8pm. After that, I don’t eat anything from 8pm to 12pm. I just drink water. Speaking of, have any of you guys tried ashwagandha supplements? It definitely helps during this IF. Makes me feel very very relaxed and helps with my anxiety issues I have.

Do it! I was rolling them *****es back to back for a couple months before going mostly to one meal a day. Ended up dropping about 60 pounds and a couple of sizes. Gonna do a few multi-day jawns to get back on track. Got another 15-20 I'd like to get rid of.

Did u supplement with minerals on the fasting days? like potassium,sodium,magnesium

Yeah if you've had a decent base of fasting over the years, rolling fasts aren't that tough at all. Definitely supplement longer fasts with those minerals (electrolytes).

Back
Top Bottom