Anyone use a Neti Pot?

I use, whenever I can, and most certainly when not feeling well.........not the most attractive looking ritual, but gets the job done

^lol..sup fool..just got the invite in the mail. Man....time flies.. 1 yr already.

Mine just came in.. bout to try this bad boy out.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^lol..sup fool..just got the invite in the mail. Man....time flies.. 1 yr already.

Post pics of you using it too.

I may have to look more into this stuff.

I actually got one last week, I was feeling down before the club and it got me in the mood so I can go out and do this

1180ubq.gif

laugh.gif

I actually got one last week, I was feeling down before the club and it got me in the mood so I can go out and do this

1180ubq.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

How is it working for you Dirty? I tried some Breathe Right strips and it was ok and I just tried Zyrtec whic helped a bit. If this is the end all product to use I will be buying it today.

Working great actually...
I use it in the morning when I wake...and before I go to bed.. every so often I'll use it as soon as I get home if I feel like my nasal passages are stuffed

I've noticed less headaches
I breath easier at night
I don't cough up so much phleghm in the mornings (I'm thinking I have less post-nasal drip at night)
My nasal passages just feel a lot better in general - -probably due to the fact that I've probably reduced inflammation

I'm waiting to see how well it works for me this spring... with all the snow and rain Jerz has had it's gonna be a killer allergy season.

This seems like a good look as its an alternative to using pharmaceuticals, but have any of you dudes ever managed to find out what the root cause of the problem is??

so far so good.
..it's only the beginning of the season but I'm def not so congested as I was last year

Dirty, or anyone else, have you heard of the Sinus Rinse?

I went to my local Walgreens earlier today. The pharmacist recommended not the Neti Pot, but the Sinus Rinse.

nasalrinse.jpg

Instead of tilting your head like you would with the Neti Pot, you just lean your head forward with the Sinus Rinse and it passes through your nostrils, where it goes in one and out the other. The pharmacist claims that with the Neti Pot, chances are you may get the solution in your mouth as you use it and it passes through your ear passage way, possibly causing infections.

I'm going to try it out tonightand then post the review.

I work at Walgreens, but I've never bought one.
So my mom is a pharmacy technician and she gets this stuff for free...I've had it for two months, but I'm too darn lazy to use it
laugh.gif

I'll do so tonight. FTR, I have both.

^ I've had it for a little over a month but haven't even used it yet. My allergies just got bad the last two or three days and I was going to try it out. I used to take claritin until that stopped working for me so I needed to find something else.

theres this stuff called Simply Saline that works really well too. My nasal pasages get soooo plugged to the point where the wate from the neti-pot won't even pour out the other nostril. I used the Simply Saline stuff and found that it worked out better, cleared me up and moisturized the inside of my nose. nothin worse than a plugged dry nose

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

idk about that. but i take my 180mg allegra everyday day.
I take allergy pills practically every day...I'm assuming it's not healthy for us.

I have allergies all year round since I was in 13 or so, I'm 21 now...Pretty use to it haha.

Luong, if you use the Sinus Rinse tonight, if you don't mind, definitely let me know how it goes.

So, I just used the Sinus Rinse for the first time. I honestly feel better than when right before I used it. I can breathe through my nose without it being stuffed right away. I hope it helps me out more over the rest of the day and when I use it next tomorrow.

Not gonna lie, caught me off guard when the solution came out of the opposite nostril/my mouth
roll.gif

i suffer from crazy allergies in the spring. my doc just prescribed some Nasonex and "behind the counter" decongestants. feel 10000x better.

never used that...but it's the same concept as the neti pot... you're just squeezing the bottle instead of tilting your head and using gravity.
don't waste your loot on those packets either... sea salt and baking powder is all you need.

btw..as far as the water going down the back of your throat when using the neti pot... only on occasion it can happen accidentally...but there is a technique to do it on purpose and it clears out your back sinuses as well.

My allergies are really bad to the point that I get asthma atttacks. I tried the Neti Pot and than right after a couple of pumps from my inhaler. It allowed me to breath freely for about 20 minutes but than after that I was back to normal. But hey, those were the best 20 minutes of my life.
It feels like the congestion is more in my throat and chest than my nose. Don;t know of any home remedys for that.

i dnt have the neti pot but i do have the lil squirt bottle thing n it works good for me.

im lucky and dont get sinus infections all to often.. but i've used it before and it works

my dad gets sinus infections often and swears by the neti pot
laugh.gif
didnt know it was so funny to watch until this was posted though

Originally Posted by mdwst9

i dnt have the neti pot but i do have the lil squirt bottle thing n it works good for me.
I have both...I just used the bottle.

So as mentioned, I suffer from allergies. It cleared it up, but it appears it's still not 100% gone.

How long does it normally take for you guys? And how long do you do it for?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by mdwst9

I have both...I just used the bottle.

So as mentioned, I suffer from allergies. It cleared it up, but it appears it's still not 100% gone.

How long does it normally take for you guys? And how long do you do it for?
I just used it today too (bottle). First time though and I know I messed up a little. Kept getting water down the throat
sick.gif
. Need to figure out how to do it correctly. My left nose seems good, but not my right. Still a little stuffy. The process was quick, it only took minutes. Probably took longer getting it all ready than doing it.

Back
Top Bottom