Anyone viewing the current bloodbath in the global markets?

This is getting, as expected, really bad. Europe's debt is like a leaking dam, U.S. markets freefalling, and 'real' unemployment still rising.

As a positive, gold is a shooting star right now. Anyone else pull out of the markets?

Rick Santelli is fired up beyond beliefe. The look of disgust on his face when they were asking him about the downgrade was classic.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Goodbye retirement fund. Its been real.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I pulled out last thursday. Get out while you still can.  Confident the dow will go under 10,000 soon, and then lower.  Loving and holding onto my gold for now, but I will sell if it goes back into the $1,500 range...

I know jack #*+* about markets and whatnot. But I know "DOW down 300" is not a good thing.

Can I get a quick rundown of what's happening right now? Cliffs, articles, anything?

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

I know jack #*+* about markets and whatnot. But I know "DOW down 300" is not a good thing.

Can I get a quick rundown of what's happening right now? Cliffs, articles, anything?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-stocks-open-sharply-lower-on-downgrade-2011-08-08-946330

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — U.S. stocks fell sharply Monday as Wall Street got its first clear shot at reacting to Standard & Poor’s downgrade of U.S. credit.

“The S&P is now down about 14% over the last 11 sessions, making this decline a top-20 event. The rapidity of the decline and its force now rivals almost anything we’ve seen in the post-war era,

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Markets reacting to S&P's downgrade of the US Credit rating. Financials are getting destroyed right now.

BAC below $7 for the first time since mid-09. Anyone else thinking about getting in if it drops below $6?
grin.gif

DOW now down 270, someone's trying to play pretend.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't touch BAC with a 10-foot pole. I remember Fast Money recommending BAC when it was at $12-13, what a joke! Get those clowns some red noses

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

I wouldn't touch BAC with a 10-foot pole. I remember Fast Money recommending BAC when it was at $12-13, what a joke! Get those clowns some red noses

I hear ya on that.  I'm keeping an eye on BAC and Ford, but IMO they still have not hit there lows yet.  I hate hoarding cash, but in a time like this there really isnt anything worth the risk right now...

Its all stemming from fear. All the people with money going to swoop in tomorrow morning and buy stocks up at a cheap price.

Originally Posted by Patmc13

laugh.gif

I hear ya on that.  I'm keeping an eye on BAC and Ford, but IMO they still have not hit there lows yet.  I hate hoarding cash, but in a time like this there really isnt anything worth the risk right now...

laugh.gif
 I just feel like if I can scoop up 200 shares of BAC for $1,000-$1,200 then I should go ahead because I can afford to lose all of that and just keep it moving. But I feel like within the next year or two it'll bounce back and my 200 shares could be worth $2,000-$3,000 which wouldn't be a terrible ROI.

real talk ive been in the negative for the last 3 months. Im bout to save up my next two paychecks and buy at the bottom

Destination Kicks wrote:
laugh.gif
 I just feel like if I can scoop up 200 shares of BAC for $1,000-$1,200 then I should go ahead because I can afford to lose all of that and just keep it moving. But I feel like within the next year or two it'll bounce back and my 200 shares could be worth $2,000-$3,000 which wouldn't be a terrible ROI.

Down almost 15%, lol it is tanking.  Investors are going to start to panic.  It will bounce back like it did in 09, its just a guess whether this is the low or if it's going to get worse.  

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

its the beginning of the end

to be honest i seriously think these are couple signs if the world really coming an end to 2012

People's 401k's are going to go to swiss cheese again, when will people learn...
I currently am interning at one of the biggest retirement plan managers in the world and it's surprisingly quiet over here.
laugh.gif
 *kanyeshrug.gif*

Back
Top Bottom