anyone watch storage wars? new season tonight

shows 
smokin.gif
 to me
barry has to have cake he be strolling up to the storage auctions in a different car every show and buys stuff and leaves the trash and only takes 1 item 
laugh.gif

i heard darrel is a phoney tho half the stuff he finds he plants it there, like when he found all that silver his son pulled it off their loading truck and acted like he came out of the locker with it...and im sure when they found the money behind the picture frame they planted it there 

jarrods wife 
devil.gif

and king troll dave
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

shows 
smokin.gif
 to me
barry has to have cake he be strolling up to the storage auctions in a different car every show and buys stuff and leaves the trash and only takes 1 item 
laugh.gif

i heard darrel is a phoney tho half the stuff he finds he plants it there, like when he found all that silver his son pulled it off their loading truck and acted like he came out of the locker with it...and im sure when they found the money behind the picture frame they planted it there 

jarrods wife 
devil.gif

and king troll dave
laugh.gif

everything you said is on point
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Barry is the best on the show.. he will throw away everything in the locker just for one item haha

shows 
smokin.gif
 to me
laugh.gif

jarrods wife 
devil.gif

and king troll dave
laugh.gif

fixed
pimp.gif

barry is the man on this show!

where'd you read about darrel? that's lame of him to do do.

i could never do this for a living.

Love the show. I remember one episode they found like 15 DS pairs of Jordans and early 2000 SB Dunks... Thats like a Shoe head's fantasy

Originally Posted by Zyzz

you guys do know the show is fake right?

i dont think its "fake" 
from watching i can tell darrel is the only "fake" one cause he always finds something really good and his son has #poor acting skills, and jarrod and his gal always just break even and dave gets good $ cause he spends mad cake, and barry also hardly gets anything good 

i read about darrel on some a&e forum, he brings stuff from his home and plants it there when he wants tv time, and i started to notice him during the show and came to the conclusion that its true 

so i dont think its "fake" but whatever its good tv to me

I like the show but i feel like it gets a bit repetitive after a while. It is pretty cool to see what they find.
The wife
smile.gif

not so sure about storage wars, but i know for a fact that Auction HUnters is, the amount of Guns those two guys find is absurd, they'd have to turn those in if they found those.
not allowed to sell guns they got from a storage locker.

i looked it up a while ago and saw that everyone on the show gets like $100,000 per episode...stopped watching it then, because obviously they're not doing the work on the show for the money they make on the show.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Love the show. I remember one episode they found like 15 DS pairs of Jordans and early 2000 SB Dunks... Thats like a Shoe head's fantasy
Think that was auction hunters, if your talking about when they sold the shoes to the dude from flightclub
sick.gif

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Think that was auction hunters, if your talking about when they sold the shoes to the dude from flightclub
sick.gif
Yuuup correct. Now Auction hunters is fake and boring

Speaking of the show

[h1]'Storage Wars' Stars Unknowingly Sell Locker Filled With Half A Million Dollars In Pirate Booty (WATCH)[/h1]
r-STORAGE-WARS-large570.jpg

First Posted: 11/15/11 05:39 PM ET Updated: 11/15/11 05:39 PM ET

React
follow-arrow.png

Amazing
Inspiring
Funny
Scary
Hot
Crazy
Important
Weird

Follow
follow-arrow.png

Video, San Francisco News

[h4]share this story[/h4]

Get San Francisco Alerts

Submit this story

diggredditstumble

Searching for buried treasure in the San Francisco Bay Area is hardly a straightforward endeavor.

The most obvious spot to look is Treasure Island, but that was only constructed by the federal government in the 1930s--making it an unlikely candidate to find anything more substantial than a few pairs of trendy sunglasses accidentally dropped by concertgoers during the island's yearly music festival.

(SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO)

Drake's Bay, the oft-rumored West Marin hideout of famed British pirate Sir Francis Drake, seems like a better bet; however, the most famous piece of treasure ever found there, a brass plaque supposedly left by Drake himself, was later proven to be an elaborate hoax.

That pretty much leaves aspiring Northern California treasure hunters with only one option: storage units in Contra Costa County sold by reality television stars.

As unlikely as it sounds, when a San Jose man looked through the contents of a storage locker he bought from Dan and Laura Dotson, the hosts of the A&E reality series "Storage Wars," he was shocked to discover a chest filled with 1,700 gold doubloons valued at $500,000.

It's common practice in California for the contents of a storage unit to be auctioned off when the renter misses three consecutive months of payment. The unit's previous lessee was an elderly woman who passed away earlier this year. Payments lapsed after her death and the storage facility turned to the Dotsons' company, American Auctioneers, to handle the sale of the items left inside.

The lucky treasure hunter has declined to identify himself publicly. "I called the buyer, and the buyer wanted nothing to do with [publicity]," Dan Dotson told the San Jose Mercury News. "I talked with the manager of the storage unit and asked, 'Can I mention you,' and he said no. So I would like to share, but it would absolutely cost me an account."

The San Francisco Chronicle reports:
The buyer purchased the unit for about $1,100, Dotson said. He also bought another unit owned by the same person for about $600.
"He did a seasoned buyer move by buying both units," she said. "He also had a skilled eye to buy that unit with the Rubbermaid totes because whatever was inside was probably worth more than what's inside a cardboard box."

The box allegedly weighed so much it took three people to pick it up, which was a clue that something valuable was inside--or at least something heavy.

Unfortunately, American Auctioneers only videotapes a fraction of their up to 3,000 auction each year, and this one wasn't caught on tape.

The premiere of the second season of "Storage Wars" hits the air this Tuesday night at 10pm on A&E. Take a look at a preview below:

http://www.huffingtonpost...ate-booty_n_1095325.html

I mean, every single reality show is completely fake man, its all just entertainment.

Yep to the FAKE and ENTERTAINMENT part of things. Same with Pawn Stars and American Pickers.. Vast majority of Americans think it's real though. I willingly and knowingly watch these late nights just as filer shows. They all have some comedic touches to them.

It's been proven countless times that all of them are staged in some fashion. Maybe the bidding part is real. Then the production team comes in and moves stuff in and around (someone screen capped just that. They aren't supposed to touch items yet boxes were added in between cuts?) maybe reactions are in fact REAL, but the items origins did not originate just 20 minutes ago from that actual storage facility. It's almost like that magic trickery you see on tv with chris angel.

I don't blame the actors per say, but I do place blame on the Auctioneers, who do go facility to facility to do this in real life. This is a $$$$ Boosting operation plain and simple, where they can fake some stuff, so the real life events appear better than they are... The o'l "bait and switch".

And the actors who are now "famous", they may take what they agreed on to their graves.

I also wouldn't put it past this Dotson character to have planted that news story about the "treasure" "someone" bought in one of "his" auctions.. See where I'm getting at here?
laugh.gif

Any PR is good PR for these shows... I'm saddened but not surprised to hear that most of these shows are staged but the luck these guys have in finding loot & rare items is too consistent for it to be otherwise

Maybe I'm biased but I've only seen Auction Hunters myself; the bromance chemistry between Allan (sp?) & Ton is hilarious. Will try to catch Storage Wars.

And yep, the amount of firearms they find & sell on AH is ridiculous... The funniest part is the bargaining with their so-called "buyer"

The look on Allan's face is priceless when the buyer lowballs him by a large amount....

I always tune into these shows...but repeats are the worst.

Barry
pimp.gif

Dave the boss hog
pimp.gif

Darryl "stupid on the outside, stupid on the inside"
pimp.gif

jarrod .... :smh: dude is sooo damn P-whipped by squirrel face brandi...all she got is boobs but thats it.

Originally Posted by manny1

shows 
smokin.gif
 to me
laugh.gif

jarrods wife 
devil.gif

and king troll dave
laugh.gif

fixed
pimp.gif
im in love with that women
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom