Anyone watching First Take??? Rob Parker just said is "Is RG3 a brother or a cornball brother"

I'm listening to the ESPN First Take podcast from today, but there could be some truth to what Rob Parker said, even if he might have said it in distaste.  I know alot of folks might not TRY to look at it objectivity since it's RG3 that's being discussed and certain folks love him already for just even making the Skins semi-relevant again.  I'll listen to the podcast in it's entirety and discuss it later. 

I was at a work christmas party with my girl in DC....white man walks up to me from behind, pats my shoulder and says "oh I thought that was rg3" then does the rich white man laugh
mean.gif

My dreads were braided and look nice....nothing like that Gerald Wallace/RGIII/WNBA non-sense

Why people continue to watch this garbage is beyond me.
because if you take it for what it is the show is fine. i dont get caught up in skip bayless act and the way screaming A is at times. i know most of the times its for show. they do have good topics at times and good convos. i have to say i find myself changing the TV more now when they start to talk about the same topic over and over again.

when topics like this come out you see how dumb rob parker is and how out of touch skip is with anything outside of sports and stephen A smith is the smart one and knows better then to touch stupid crap like this.

I'm listening to the ESPN First Take podcast from today, but there could be some truth to what Rob Parker said, even if he might have said it in distaste.  I know alot of folks might not TRY to look at it objectivity since it's RG3 that's being discussed and certain folks love him already for just even making the Skins semi-relevant again.  I'll listen to the podcast in it's entirety and discuss it later. 

I'm curious to know what "truth" you found in that idiotic diatribe.

If he doesn't know the man personally, what truth is there?

Why are you guys even discussing this? Seriously.

Thread should have gotten one reply, a stoneface, and then slowly trickled down into the back pages of obscurity

+ points to Allen and 615akaPauls responses though

Personally, I can't stand Rob Parker but you can't act like there's no truth to this. I find it hilarious and shocking to hear on ESPN though. He's not the first to say it, people have been saying this.

Personally, I can't stand Rob Parker but you can't act like there's no truth to this. I find it hilarious and shocking to hear on ESPN though. He's not the first to say it, people have been saying this.

Maybe it's a good thread for general to delve deeper into...it would be interesting to hear other people's POVs on what a black man SHOULD represent and where this disdain for the next man comes from?

anyways, here's the vid

Last edited:
Rob Parker is a peasant.

This show has been garbage for about six months or so. I really only can tolerate it during the NBA Playoffs... but I still have issues with it even then.

The consistency of the SAME ******G TOPICS thrown in your face... is just.

:smh:

Last edited:
I was at a work christmas party with my girl in DC....white man walks up to me from behind, pats my shoulder and says "oh I thought that was rg3" then does the rich white man laugh :smh:

My dreads were braided and look nice....nothing like that Gerald Wallace/RGIII/WNBA non-sense

View media item 169898

Did he ask how your knee was doing and if you felt confident the Skins could beat the Browns on Sunday?

I don't watch tv, but a few people were telling me about it earlier, so I decided to google the clip.  Rob Parker is a joke.  He's out of touch with reality if he feels like that comment was justified.

that was brutal to watch. heaven forbid someone believes in limited gov't, more freedom, less taxes, etc... makes him a bad guy, let alone a uncle tom :smh: and dating interracial a big deal? He wouldn't have the balls to say that a about Sir Charles. A black republican married to a white girl.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what "truth" you found in that idiotic diatribe.
I'm still listening to the podcast, the topic hasn't been discussed yet.  I was saying that "there could be some truth to" what Rob Parker said, but because the person in question is RG3 alot of folks are going to have clouded judgement on the matter at hand because they love this dude so much.  As some folks around here in DC would say........."you can't say anything back about RG3..........he's our savior"
eyes.gif
Since when do you need to know someone personally in order for there to be or possibly be truth to something??

I was at a work christmas party with my girl in DC....white man walks up to me from behind, pats my shoulder and says "oh I thought that was rg3" then does the rich white man laugh
mean.gif

Did he ask how your knee was doing and if you felt confident the Skins could beat the Browns on Sunday?
fake laugh and brushed him off

Since when do you need to know someone personally in order for there to be or possibly be truth to something??
he said he's a cornball "not down for the cause" because he said he doesn't want to be classified as [just being black] (what he meant by that statement was "as just a black QB" but let's pretend he meant, "i don't want to just be classified as a black man.")  if you don't know him personally, how could u say any of that?

if i told you, "all you are is a black man."  would you nod and agree?

Wow this guy Rob Parker is a fool :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How could he say such stupid things on national television?

Skip: "how about his braids though?"

:rofl:

These dudes, Screaming A included (although i do like dude more than i used to), might be the dumbest group of people who have ever come together on a television show.

Another thing; I dont understand why sports writers think they all high and mighty like their job is important. Youre discussing sports. Its not important in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of heads on S+T alone can chop it up about sports/evaluate and write a column on a game better than half the clowns i read in the papers or hear on the radio. Especially in Boston. NT S+T >>>>>>>> Boston sports media.

I mean, Black people have started to say that about RG3. Give Barker the guts to actually bring it out in the open.

"What do RGIII's braids say to you?"

WHAT LMAOOO :rofl:

get these dudes off the air, please.

Last edited:
. heaven forbid someone believes in limited gov't, more freedom, less taxes, etc... makes him a bad guy, let alone a uncle tom
mean.gif
Yeah, cause the Republican party really cares about black people or the black community as a whole right......
eyes.gif

OMG, the braids conversation. I am officially dead. God dammit, I'm so mad I missed this today.

Back
Top Bottom