Anyone watching First Take??? Rob Parker just said is "Is RG3 a brother or a cornball brother"

^ it's not really about what he said. It's more than that. People have already noticed he's a little different and isn't "down". It's sad that that's the way the world is but we're all like that at times. Whether it's your race or not. We all look at people, "why do they act like that" or "they're not like us"

I've noticed this about RG3 since Baylor. He's not as bad as Tiger Woods but he definitely seems like he comes from white areas and has white friends. The problem is Rob Parker kind of said it wrong and it came out awkward as **** :lol:

Ignorant mf. He makes black people look bad.
RgIII is something exciting and its nice to see an african american american quarterback doing good, people like rob parker hate because they cant be in his position.
Its really sad, he should lose his job for that.

Who cares if he has white friends, he can act however he wants and hang out with whoever he wants its his life. He takes care of his business and thats why he is where he is. Maybe because you are "down" is the same reason you are a broke fool, get smart and do something. Ignorant people these days

How the hell do black folks want stereotypes and "racial/discriminatory" negativity to end with other races when they constantly put their own people down and enjoy tearing them apart.

How the hell does one glorify being "down" and living that lifestyle, yet complain about not having equal opportunities/privileges..... and then when you have one of your own use those opportunities and make something of himself, all you hear is negativity and toxic venom being spewed labeling him as an outkast.

Pathetic.

RG3 shouldn't have ever made that comment anyway......just let your actions off the field determine what you are......hell black women were already labeling him as that type of negro so obviously his actions were on point with what he wants to be seen as 
Why? He didn't say anything bad.

http://www.csnwashington.com/video_content_type/rg3-i-dont-want-be-best-black-qb-i-want-be-best-qb

(can't find the whole interview).
I honestly don't care and ima fan of dude........but that "I don't want to be the best black qb" comment was stupid.....I wasn't even hearing that being discussed on any media circuit......he's only stereotyping himself as an Uncle Tom making a comment like that......just play the game and be yourself 

and no I don't think he's one but obviously he grew up around a lot of whites.....which I have too but I don't go around trying to separate myself from other blacks...I just do me 

Last edited:
How the hell do black folks want stereotypes and "racial/discriminatory" negativity to end with other races when they constantly put their own people down and enjoy tearing them apart.
How the hell does one glorify being "down" and living that lifestyle, yet complain about not having equal opportunities/privileges..... and then when you have one of your own use those opportunities and make something of himself, all you hear is negativity and toxic venom being spewed labeling him as an outkast.
Pathetic.

people aren't badmouthing him for not being a criminal

they're badmouthing him for seemingly wanting to appease white people. that is pathetic

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

people aren't badmouthing him for not being a criminal

they're badmouthing him for seemingly wanting to appease white people. that is pathetic

That's what you took out of that? Seriously? It's pretty clear he was wanting to be looked at as not solely a great black QB, but a great QB in general, to be compared to everybody. There's no way around that. I don't want t say what statements are actually pathetic, but.....

That's what you took out of that? Seriously? It's pretty clear he was wanting to be looked at as not solely a great black QB, but a great QB in general, to be compared to everybody. There's no way around that. I don't want t say what statements are actually pathetic, but.....

the way i see it is, why does he have such a problem with being compared with those who paved the way for him?

it seems like he thinks in order to be great and respected he has to downplay being black

Last edited:
Rob Parker has always been a clown. He's like the black version of Skip. Either he hates somebody or he slurps 'em. There's no in between. You can tell Stephen A wanted to call him out on it but he held back.

The day he was drafted a lot of Skins fans was saying stuff about his girl being white. The usual "oh he with a white girl!!". Its time for us to get over that. As dumb as I think it is for people to jump to conclusions about what he said I'm not surprised at all. I just hope this doesn't become a never ending story. What he said wasn't even close to the type of stuff Tiger would say. All RG3 said was he doesn't want to be grouped in with only black QB's. He's not denying who he is.

Smarten up ESPN.

^ it's not really about what he said. It's more than that. People have already noticed he's a little different and isn't "down". It's sad that that's the way the world is but we're all like that at times. Whether it's your race or not. We all look at people, "why do they act like that" or "they're not like us"

I've noticed this about RG3 since Baylor. He's not as bad as Tiger Woods but he definitely seems like he comes from white areas and has white friends. The problem is Rob Parker kind of said it wrong and it came out awkward as ****
laugh.gif
Ok... now the next question is, why does that matter? Especially on a sports show?
the way i see it is, why does he have such a problem with being compared with those who paved the way for him?

it seems like he thinks in order to be great and respected he has to downplay being black
He said "I don't want to be defined as just that" meaning "I don't want to just be that good black quarterback, I want to be seen as a good quarterback period."

When people think "Black quarterback" they think Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3.

Hell Donovan McNabb once had Rush Limbaugh openly criticizing him because he wouldn't scramble out of the pocket more like the other Black QBs.  I'm not making this up.  Google it.

THAT is what RG3 wants to separate himself from.  Not his skin.  The stereotypes.

The fact that you and Rob Parker can't see that and are just adding to it is truly sad.

Last edited:
oh look people of other races telling blacks what to say and think about themselves...kick rocks if you can't relate

oh look people of other races telling blacks what to say and think about themselves...kick rocks if you can't relate
when you've established a pattern of behavior as a culture, you are open to judgment.
whatever that means.....we are always "open" since we dont control anything in the media.  Get real homie. Don't tell me how or when to say the n-word or when to call somebody of my own race a sellout.  Whether I'm wrong or right its not your argument

I've noticed this about RG3 since Baylor. He's not as bad as Tiger Woods but he definitely seems like he comes from white areas and has white friends. The problem is Rob Parker kind of said it wrong and it came out awkward as **** :lol:
But who cares. People comes from different backgrounds and every individual is different. How is this worthy of discussion on a sports debate show?

Rob Parker been an idiot, though.

I was watching this in the office yesterday with one UPS workers who comes in everyday to drop off deliveries (who is black, young dude, like 30). You could tell he was getting upset at Rob Parker's comments.

He went on to say "Black sportswriters are the worst. Seems like all these guys want to do in pull a good brotha down. He jsut wants to play football." and left shaking his head.

I thought about what he said and what he said was true. When a Black athlete is doing good, it seems like some Black sports writers are wondering "Is he down?". So when someone like RGIII is at the top of his sport and captivating the country and this douche Rob Parker is trying to discredit what he has accomplished because his fiance is White? Because he's a Republican? Who cares? Getting butt hurt because he doesn't fit your template? As a White person I find it offensive that he took it to this. Reason being is that we are told that RGIII isnt Black enough, but someone like Allen Iverson, for example, is a "product of his environment" and the country gets a lecture on young Black men. Pathetic.

I was watching this in the office yesterday with one UPS workers who comes in everyday to drop off deliveries (who is black, young dude, like 30). You could tell he was getting upset at Rob Parker's comments.

He went on to say "Black sportswriters are the worst. Seems like all these guys want to do in pull a good brotha down. He jsut wants to play football." and left shaking his head.

I thought about what he said and what he said was true. When a Black athlete is doing good, it seems like some Black sports writers are wondering "Is he down?". So when someone like RGIII is at the top of his sport and captivating the country and this douche Rob Parker is trying to discredit what he has accomplished because his fiance is White? Because he's a Republican? Who cares? Getting butt hurt because he doesn't fit your template? As a White person I find it offensive that he took it to this. Reason being is that we are told that RGIII isnt Black enough, but someone like Allen Iverson, for example, is a "product of his environment" and the country gets a lecture on young Black men. Pathetic.

Stopped reading.

Jk.

Ok... now the next question is, why does that matter? Especially on a sports show?

He said "I don't want to be defined as just that" meaning "I don't want to just be that good black quarterback, I want to be seen as a good quarterback period."

When people think "Black quarterback" they think Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3.

Hell Donovan McNabb once had Rush Limbaugh openly criticizing him because he wouldn't scramble out of the pocket more like the other Black QBs.  I'm not making this up.  Google it.

THAT is what RG3 wants to separate himself from.  Not his skin.  The stereotypes.

The fact that you and Rob Parker can't see that and are just adding to it is truly sad.

BINGO.

This is where we are as a society where someone gets questioned about their "blackness" or not being "down for the cause" due to being well-spoken, educated, and who they choose for a spouse. It's really sad.

Back
Top Bottom