anyone worked for Polo?

nerd.gif

I have worked at an outlet store it is much like every other retail job so dont expect anything more,but I also had a terrible manager.

i worked at the polo outlet. i enjoyed it, had great managers. place gets crazy busy during the summer. basically you fold clothes, help people, or work register. pretty standard.

on the plus side, PSR (full retail) stuff comes in at about 50% off. then they put that on a clearance rack of additional 50-75% off. plus a lotta that stuff comes in with the wrong price. on the downside, a lot of the stuff is really ugly, but it's hit or miss and you get first dibs.

i had a friend work full retail ralph lauren though. that seemed miserable. plus you have to actually buy the full retail clothes which cost a grip. completely different environment where you're catering to high end customers and work on commission
my biggest complaint about the outlet was the snobby people who would come in and treat it like it was full retail, expecting ridiculous service and just acting generally rude. 

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Ralph Lauren*
This. And I did (NYC), one of the best places I've worked in my younger years. My managers were fun to be around, the customers (a lot of them were loaded and from Europe, Asia) were some of the best.. Chicks that came in the store were 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. It's retail so don't expect the pay to be astronomical, but it held me down. 

chill on correcting him. they're called POLO Ralph Lauren factory stores... he isn't really wrong unless he really means Ralph Lauren stores.

Originally Posted by laflech44

i worked at the polo outlet. i enjoyed it, had great managers. place gets crazy busy during the summer. basically you fold clothes, help people, or work register. pretty standard.

on the plus side, PSR (full retail) stuff comes in at about 50% off. then they put that on a clearance rack of additional 50-75% off. plus a lotta that stuff comes in with the wrong price. on the downside, a lot of the stuff is really ugly, but it's hit or miss and you get first dibs.

i had a friend work full retail ralph lauren though. that seemed miserable. plus you have to actually buy the full retail clothes which cost a grip. completely different environment where you're catering to high end customers and work on commission

my biggest complaint about the outlet was the snobby people who would come in and treat it like it was full retail, expecting ridiculous service and just acting generally rude

THIS!

Originally Posted by laflech44

chill on correcting him. they're called POLO Ralph Lauren factory stores... he isn't really wrong unless he really means Ralph Lauren stores.

i actually have an interview from polo ralph lauren outlet... what was your wage? or was it on commission

i live in MA, i wanna say i made 8.25 when i started, bumped up to 9 after a year (this was almost 2 years ago now). i worked seasonally when i was in college (summers, some winter breaks). no commission - none of the outlets are.

at mine the interview was very straightforward and generic.

u think its worth driving 30-40 minutes from my house for this job? i admit times are tough.. and im probably going to get hired.

ummm i had to drive 25-30 mins. i don't know man i hate driving and i have an SUV so i'd look for something closer. definitely a personal decision there my dude.. don't know what else is around you/hiring

to be honest i mostly worked there for my discount opposed to really trying to make $. stocked on my wardrobe, plus had a nice side hustle. i'm still making $ of things i bought cheap so it worked out for me

Back
Top Bottom