Anyway to fix the weakened velcro on my XX's?

I have some blue XX's that I ball in, and they are in great shape, but today the straps started to get loose and flap around when im playing basketball, isthere any cheap way to make the velcro stick? Im not talking about the ankle strap btw

i dont want to give up on these shoes just yet, they are really comfy and still have alot of life left

i dont wanna replace it with new velcro or something, but something quick and easy

thanks in advance

Take them to a shoe repair shop and have them put velcro on the straps. They'll stick even better with regular velcro, and not that prissy jawn JB used.

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

are you talking about the eastern edition of the XX's
Does it matter which ones? He's talking XX's in general.

I balled in em had same problems too. They're done.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Take them to a shoe repair shop and have them put velcro on the straps. They'll stick even better with regular velcro, and not that prissy jawn JB used.

when i wear mines that always happen and mines only been worn no more than 10 times

quick and easy way to fix it.. get a rubber band and strap it down like that or find a shoe repair guy and put new velcro in.

This has never happened to me before. I haven't wore mine since '06, so maybe I haven't just put them to the test.

New velcro. The velcro used on the fusion 20's was even worse than the 20's. Lots of people tried to return em where I work after one wear cause thevelcro wouldn't stay closed

How much do you think it would run for with the shop?
Same thing happened to my pair of Stealth XX's.

Someone has done that before. I believe it cost them around 40 bucks.

But to add my $.02 - the velcro was intended for shear, not peel. Thats why it lifts up.

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

are you talking about the eastern edition of the XX's

He said blue. West is chutney. Blue is west my friend...

But!

The velcro issue is a known flaw with the XX. They used a very thin nap for them.

Oh well!

I have a solution...

it involves lemon juice, peanut butter and avocado peels

its worth a shot

Originally Posted by MattyG13

New velcro. The velcro used on the fusion 20's was even worse than the 20's. Lots of people tried to return em where I work after one wear cause the velcro wouldn't stay closed
This just shows how bad JB quality is gettin. I mean the dam kangaroo joints for 10 bucks i had when i was lil had good velcro, yet these expesiveJB shoes somehow cant stay closed

Originally Posted by dcortes23

all you have to is cut the strap.

laugh.gif

They done son. Go cop a pair of the CDP XX's, peepz are selling them for like 50 or less. Cheap and new pair of kicks. Much better IMO.

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

that's what i did with mine and it works

Go to walmart and buy some velo and do a di it yourself job but it probaly wont turn out tht great...

Back
Top Bottom