AP US HISTORY EXAM VOL. nerds. we are screwed, gonna get raped. why even show up. FRIDAY.

I didn't take it, but a lot of my friends took AP US History in sophomore year, because we could choose between it and regular honors US History. I thinkeverybody passed, so I doubt it is super difficult, I am at a very smart school, but I think most people got 4's or 5's

I've got US this Friday as well, just took Stats today. I dominated US tests in class this year, 98% average over the second semester, so I hope my successcarries over to the AP test. Also, don't listen to the guy who said they focus a lot on the battles during the Civil War. Unless I have been lied to bymany people, specific battles are a very small portion of the test.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I've got US this Friday as well, just took Stats today. I dominated US tests in class this year, 98% average over the second semester, so I hope my success carries over to the AP test. Also, don't listen to the guy who said they focus a lot on the battles during the Civil War. Unless I have been lied to by many people, specific battles are a very small portion of the test.

try none of it according to the princeton review book

My AP US HISTORY teacher was perv looking at the girls in my class and would never teach %!%%. I took the exam from just reading the book and I have to sayit's pretty easy. European was harder.

i took AP statistics test today. It was fairly simple, the majority of the problems asked you to explain the results or set up a problem, you dont have toactually solve it. This was a great relief, the project turned out to be signifiicantly easier than i originally anticipated. I believe that i scored between afour and a five. Good luck to those still taking theirs!

i heard it was impossible

and im f'ed for the bio ap exam
smh.gif
i never got higher than a b- in that class

i had a C and a D in ap bio for most of the year

i just didnt read the book but once came time to review i worked hard

i passed with a 3 and was relieved

i love science and math

I got a 3 in 07. Did very little studying the week before the test. I had a good teacher and for some reason I pick up random facts easily so I guess thats whyI passed.

I showed up for mine without studying at all...my essays had absolutely nothing to do with the topics, and I only wrote like 2 paragraphs for each of them (Ireally didn't feel like writing those damned things)...my teacher only talked about Rosa Parks, Thurgood Marshall, and her husband (who is a scout for theKansas City Royals) all year...and I got a 3. If you try, you'll get a 4.

laugh.gif
man damn I got a 2 on it 4 years ago. Its like the SAT's, you really cant study for it. I only took it because it'll look good on the resume.

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

I have a question, has anyone taken AP Physics? I can't remember if I'm taking B or C or whatever next year, but how hard the class itself? I know the test is hard, but what kind of math should you absolutely know before trying to take the class? Thanks if anyone replies.

I'm in Physics C right now.. and Its my favorite class, honestly...
Unfortunately, our school offers only the Mechanics portion of it.. not E&M...
In terms of the math.. be absolutely SURE that you have a decent to STRONG foundation in algebra..... solving for acceleration, Net Force, Torque, you name it.. requires algebra and formulas...
When you get to air resistance and drag as well as some Simple Harmonic Motion, Calculus is necessary to solve problems... I'm not in a Calculus class this year.. but I have enough background in it to get by...
I would definitely recommend taking it concurrently with Calc tho...
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was worrying about, because I'll only be in Pre-Calc next year. I'm pretty strong in math though, I gotf'd freshman year and had to agebra 1 again so I couldn't go straight to Geometry. It sounds like I should be ok, and I know a lot of people who aretaking the class too who can help me out with any calc stuff.

pfft. try AP euro and then see how you feel.
in any case, course-notes.org. i'm not sure if the dash is actually in the web address or not so you could just google course notes. good luck.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

only AP's worth taking, to me, are Math, Sciences, and English.
Add languages to that list. I was able to place out of basic French courses in college which gave me more time to take other interesting classes,and still pursue a French minor rather easily.

^true.. Languages are a good one to take.

but history?..unless you're a history major... no dice

Back
Top Bottom