AP US HISTORY EXAM VOL. nerds. we are screwed, gonna get raped. why even show up. FRIDAY.

Just study. It's not that hard to get a 4 on that exam.

It's all random material too I think; no two tests are the same.

The essays I believe emphasize more on writing than content, I believe, so as long as it looks like you know your stuff fairly well and can write wellyou'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

It's not even hard. I just showed up and got a 3. Didn't study at all.

I did the same thing last year with AP World History, our teacher sucked too. I had a good teacher this year for AP US, so I think I might be able to get a 4.
I'm more worried about the AP Language test

I got it on Friday 8'oclock and i havent even read a page of my review book
frown.gif

lol, taking it on Friday?
Im trying to study 400 years tbh. I bombed my final, it shouldn't be too much of a prob.
Early Colonial Years to this date. Chilllaaxxxx is the best i can tell you lol

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

Whos the girl in your picture thingy
jasmine villegas- she sang the national anthem at the pacquiao fight.

so most of you guys just didn't look over material and just winged it?
it's gonna kill me.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

Whos the girl in your picture thingy
jasmine villegas- she sang the national anthem at the pacquiao fight.

so most of you guys just didn't look over material and just winged it?
it's gonna kill me.
Did you pay attention in class? That's all you need.

Remember the time periods. That's real important. There's a lot of "early 19th century" or "late eighteenth" century. That helps alot. Just understand the time periods.

i barely pass the class each six weeks (thanks to the girl next to me making me laugh
smokin.gif
)
does everybody take it he same day in the U.S.

this it the book we use in class
k0rf9d.jpg

Just relax and if you payed attention in class you'll be fine.

Oh another note, AP Chem ftl....
smh.gif

i had fun taking this test.

seriously, we got to pick probably 2 prompts out of a selection of 5.

it was fun.

you have to think like this... what MAJOR concepts would somebody ask you about to discern (go look that up) whether or not you have a basic grasp of UShistory?

it's a story that covers about oh... let's see, 300 years max. if you don't already know the major events in that time, yes, you will have trouble.but if you don't already know the major events in that time, you probably shouldn't have been in the class in the first place.

i'm reminded of the simpsons episode where bart did not study before some test. "find an egghead, and pump him for answers." really, go findsomebody you trust to tell you the 300 year story of the us, ask them to elaborate on particular points that fill in the gaps in your knowledge.

it's not that hard, and it'll be over before you know it.

Originally Posted by Rafool

Just relax and if you payed attention in class you'll be fine.

Oh another note, AP Chem ftl....
smh.gif

u aint lyin... when they said there's a 33% pass rate...
frown.gif
smh.gif

Well i didnt even bother about taking it but my friends last year that have 4.0 gpas all got 2s or 1s last year.

I have no tips best of luck bro.

I have a question, has anyone taken AP Physics? I can't remember if I'm taking B or C or whatever next year, but how hard the class itself? I know thetest is hard, but what kind of math should you absolutely know before trying to take the class? Thanks if anyone replies.

Well, I had the privilege of having a teacher who was a straight up history genius...

I got a 4 easy.... Essays were simple, just stop for a moment and analyze what theyre asking.. be specific tho..
Only thing I messed up on were like 7 multiple choice about Civil Rights as I missed tutoring that day...
ohwell.gif

I wouldve gotten a 5 otherwise...

Euro History is another story though.... WHOA...
smh.gif

im taking APus on friday..im worried. i been studying. i hope i pass

i also have AP language next wednesday..i hope i pass that too.

gl on your upcoming AP tests NT! CALC TOMORROW.

AP tests
laugh.gif

Don't even waste your time studying for them if you have other priorities. They're not even worth it for college seeing as how you don't get agrade if you decide to use an AP credit

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

I have a question, has anyone taken AP Physics? I can't remember if I'm taking B or C or whatever next year, but how hard the class itself? I know the test is hard, but what kind of math should you absolutely know before trying to take the class? Thanks if anyone replies.

I'm in Physics C right now.. and Its my favorite class, honestly...
Unfortunately, our school offers only the Mechanics portion of it.. not E&M...
In terms of the math.. be absolutely SURE that you have a decent to STRONG foundation in algebra..... solving for acceleration, Net Force, Torque, you nameit.. requires algebra and formulas...
When you get to air resistance and drag as well as some Simple Harmonic Motion, Calculus is necessary to solve problems... I'm not in a Calculus class thisyear.. but I have enough background in it to get by...
I would definitely recommend taking it concurrently with Calc tho...

Like the others said you can wing it fairly easily. I think I got a C in that class but still passed the AP. If you run out of thing to say about the topicquestion they give you. Think of a similar event, or one that was affected by your topic question and tie that event into it. It seriously is 4 hours of juststraight BSing. Multiple choice as always just eliminate 1 or 2 of the obvious choices and go with your gut instinct.

laugh.gif
I can't imagine posting this when I was taking the exam. My class prepared me for the test. We practiced for an entire year, strictly to pass thetest.

At this point, get yourself a review book and read it cover to cover and take the practice exams.

I thought it was fairly easy. I took it in 04 tho.

But from my experience. Be ready to answer questions on art and portraits. I remember like 3-8 questions on it and said !!+ is this.

Essays can be a little out there because they ask questions that are normally are not considered and covered during class. Atleast none of the AP classes Itook in History back in HS. Like effect of some presdient during period lets say 1830-1834 and how did he effect the US and this area in lets say 1870 interms of development. Something along those likes.

Back
Top Bottom