APL Concept 1 Review: Do they live up to the Hype?

Originally Posted by wsupjs

Overall the APL Concept 1 is a great basketball. It does instantly increase your vertical and is the best constructed basketball shoe I've ever seen. Whether or not they're worth $195 is completely up to each consumer. However, so far I am satisfied with the purchase. I hope with the next model, APL improves the traction and breathability. Otherwise, they have one of if not the best basketball shoes available today.
Nice review! The constructive criticism is great, I'll think you'll be happy with the next shoe....
wink.gif

Here's a video of a kid wearing the Concours for the first time. His results were similar to yours, he just need a little work on the landing, haha.

Originally Posted by wsupjs

Overall the APL Concept 1 is a great basketball. It does instantly increase your vertical and is the best constructed basketball shoe I've ever seen. Whether or not they're worth $195 is completely up to each consumer. However, so far I am satisfied with the purchase. I hope with the next model, APL improves the traction and breathability. Otherwise, they have one of if not the best basketball shoes available today.
Nice review! The constructive criticism is great, I'll think you'll be happy with the next shoe....
wink.gif

Here's a video of a kid wearing the Concours for the first time. His results were similar to yours, he just need a little work on the landing, haha.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

wink.gif

Thanks BP! I'm excited to see the next release. The Concours had the same tread pattern as the Concept 1's, so if they improve it, they'll have an even better shoe.

I saw that video on TFB's website and about died. hah. I could easily dunk before APL's, but did get similar gains vert wise from them. How tall is the kid in that video btw? It looks like he's as tall or taller than Air Bama, which is listed at 6'4". They also tend to list dunkers are shorter heights to make their verts more impressive, so I'm guessing this kid is 6'5" or 6'6"

Originally Posted by BP the owner

wink.gif

Thanks BP! I'm excited to see the next release. The Concours had the same tread pattern as the Concept 1's, so if they improve it, they'll have an even better shoe.

I saw that video on TFB's website and about died. hah. I could easily dunk before APL's, but did get similar gains vert wise from them. How tall is the kid in that video btw? It looks like he's as tall or taller than Air Bama, which is listed at 6'4". They also tend to list dunkers are shorter heights to make their verts more impressive, so I'm guessing this kid is 6'5" or 6'6"

not to gravedig but I was wondering about it. lol @ the 6'5 dude doing the most basic dunk possible

not to gravedig but I was wondering about it. lol @ the 6'5 dude doing the most basic dunk possible

I have the APL Concept 1 Banned Edition and i've gained increases in my verticle as well. Also, the APL's make it a lot easier to jump (getting rebounds, blocking/contesting shots, etc) which I liked. And they don't have great traction or breathability. I saw the sneak peak picture of the APL Concept 2's sole and the pattern, on the sole, looks better.

I have the APL Concept 1 Banned Edition and i've gained increases in my verticle as well. Also, the APL's make it a lot easier to jump (getting rebounds, blocking/contesting shots, etc) which I liked. And they don't have great traction or breathability. I saw the sneak peak picture of the APL Concept 2's sole and the pattern, on the sole, looks better.

Originally Posted by patrickbwong

Completely agree man. I also notice substanitally less leg fatigue when I play in these versus other shoes.

I haven't seen the pictures of the Concept 2's yet, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for them. If they improve the traction, they'll be the best basketball shoes on the market in my opinion.

For the couple of you that were asking about them, my original review still holds true.

Originally Posted by patrickbwong

Completely agree man. I also notice substanitally less leg fatigue when I play in these versus other shoes.

I haven't seen the pictures of the Concept 2's yet, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for them. If they improve the traction, they'll be the best basketball shoes on the market in my opinion.

For the couple of you that were asking about them, my original review still holds true.

the concept 2's shape is awesome, but the design is a bit on the weird side...i understand that you guys didnt want bells and whistles but the design is just weird...oh well its the performance that were after.  Id love to review these in the future...!

the concept 2's shape is awesome, but the design is a bit on the weird side...i understand that you guys didnt want bells and whistles but the design is just weird...oh well its the performance that were after.  Id love to review these in the future...!

Back
Top Bottom