APL Concept 1 Review: Do they live up to the Hype?

^
you can def dunk bro. wondering why people hating on you. lol.
you still using the apl? or you back on nikes?

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^

Hah thanks man. I'm not sure why they're hating either, but it's probably because they can't dunk... hah.

I'm still using the APL's but I rotate. I've honestly only played three times since posting the review. Two times were in the APL's, and once was in my old Nikes. That time was outdoors on an awful court so I didn't want to jack them up. Hopefully the Concours coming out soon have a better tread pattern because that's really the only thing holding these back.

Everything about the original review still holds true.

^

Hah thanks man. I'm not sure why they're hating either, but it's probably because they can't dunk... hah.

I'm still using the APL's but I rotate. I've honestly only played three times since posting the review. Two times were in the APL's, and once was in my old Nikes. That time was outdoors on an awful court so I didn't want to jack them up. Hopefully the Concours coming out soon have a better tread pattern because that's really the only thing holding these back.

Everything about the original review still holds true.

regarding the concours, is it just me or do they seem to have
NO TRACTION PATTERN at all? checked the pics online and they
seem to have nothing. just a flat surface. are they just relying
on the surface to stick? the kind of material they use?

They have a tread pattern, but it's weak at best. I don't know the type of material, but it feels similar to that of the Zoom Soldier 3's.

If they used a herringbone pattern or something similar, it'd be much more effective than the wide grooves used currently. They even have a small outrigger built in already, so with good traction this shoe would be almost impossible to beat.

Sorry for the blurry picture (my camera is garbage), but you should get the idea.

They have a tread pattern, but it's weak at best. I don't know the type of material, but it feels similar to that of the Zoom Soldier 3's.

If they used a herringbone pattern or something similar, it'd be much more effective than the wide grooves used currently. They even have a small outrigger built in already, so with good traction this shoe would be almost impossible to beat.

Sorry for the blurry picture (my camera is garbage), but you should get the idea.

these APL's should reach the P.I.! great review, should have bought em when I was there...

these APL's should reach the P.I.! great review, should have bought em when I was there...

APL technology are great and you deff can dunk. The springs inside the shoes can make you dunk and a lso it has a good review by alot of people..

APL technology are great and you deff can dunk. The springs inside the shoes can make you dunk and a lso it has a good review by alot of people..

Originally Posted by chichoi

Nice review. I also purchased a pair but gained no vertical increase. I can get about 1 inch above the rim with or without the APL's.
Also, the toebox is uncomfortable for me. Otherwise, not a bad shoe.  

Nice review. I also purchased a pair but gained no vertical increase. I can get about 1 inch above the rim with or without the APL's.

I think they did man. I remember Titan had a few pairs over. Not sure if they still have them though. 
smile.gif

Nice review, man! Actually read it a few months back but just found it again now. I was honestly one of those skeptics back when this was still fresh on the market but yeah, all the reviews I've been reading say they have an effect, maybe minimal, but they support the wearer's vert in some way or another. Good job man! And lolz at the people hating on you. 
laugh.gif

I think they did man. I remember Titan had a few pairs over. Not sure if they still have them though. 
smile.gif

Nice review, man! Actually read it a few months back but just found it again now. I was honestly one of those skeptics back when this was still fresh on the market but yeah, all the reviews I've been reading say they have an effect, maybe minimal, but they support the wearer's vert in some way or another. Good job man! And lolz at the people hating on you. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

I can't really believe those little springs can make that much of a difference.

It's crazy to imagine they can, but personally these worked for me. Not everyone experiences gains with them, but people with high verticals, especially off 2 feet, seem to have the best gains.

Thanks man! If you get another chance you should definitely pick them up. They're a great shoe, both aethetically and performance wise. It's really a tough package to beat.

Originally Posted by Fuman

Thanks man. All the dunk videos were in Shox Ups, Brooks running shoes, or Hyperdunks. I don't have any clips in these yet. I've seen a lot more positive reviews for APL's then negative (about 3 to 1) so there has to be some validity to the technology.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Thanks. Do you jump off 1 foot or 2? I found the gains to be better off 2 feet than 1. The toebox is interesting. It reminds me of the Jordan XX3, so if you have wider feet, it would probably be uncomfortable. I personally didn't have any issues with it.

Originally Posted by PocketLint

smile.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks man! I was in the same position as you. I was a big skeptic at first, but after seeing so many positive reviews, I had to try them. Even if they don't help your vert, my legs do feel fresher after running games compared to doing so in my other shoes. There's definitely some benefit in them for everyone.

And haha the haters crack me up. I think they're just jelly cause they can't dunk.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

I can't really believe those little springs can make that much of a difference.

It's crazy to imagine they can, but personally these worked for me. Not everyone experiences gains with them, but people with high verticals, especially off 2 feet, seem to have the best gains.

Thanks man! If you get another chance you should definitely pick them up. They're a great shoe, both aethetically and performance wise. It's really a tough package to beat.

Originally Posted by Fuman

Thanks man. All the dunk videos were in Shox Ups, Brooks running shoes, or Hyperdunks. I don't have any clips in these yet. I've seen a lot more positive reviews for APL's then negative (about 3 to 1) so there has to be some validity to the technology.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Thanks. Do you jump off 1 foot or 2? I found the gains to be better off 2 feet than 1. The toebox is interesting. It reminds me of the Jordan XX3, so if you have wider feet, it would probably be uncomfortable. I personally didn't have any issues with it.

Originally Posted by PocketLint

smile.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks man! I was in the same position as you. I was a big skeptic at first, but after seeing so many positive reviews, I had to try them. Even if they don't help your vert, my legs do feel fresher after running games compared to doing so in my other shoes. There's definitely some benefit in them for everyone.

And haha the haters crack me up. I think they're just jelly cause they can't dunk.
roll.gif

^

I personally can dunk (without 'springs').... But I did purchase the Concept 1 Concours version.

For me they do not work. They are bottom heavy, traction is mediocure, and the 'spring' placement is off. It should be closer to the arch.

I actually jumped 2 inches lower compared to an old pair of zoom generations that I've actually outgrown!

I sent them back for a refund and was credited.

^

I personally can dunk (without 'springs').... But I did purchase the Concept 1 Concours version.

For me they do not work. They are bottom heavy, traction is mediocure, and the 'spring' placement is off. It should be closer to the arch.

I actually jumped 2 inches lower compared to an old pair of zoom generations that I've actually outgrown!

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^

Wow really? That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I did find them to be a little bottom heavy too, and I already mentioned the poor traction. I can't really comment about the spring placement. I think that'll vary a little bit for every person based on their jumping style.

At least they refunded you. Can't complain too much about it then.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^

Wow really? That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I did find them to be a little bottom heavy too, and I already mentioned the poor traction. I can't really comment about the spring placement. I think that'll vary a little bit for every person based on their jumping style.

At least they refunded you. Can't complain too much about it then.

Back
Top Bottom