Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 278 61.5%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.2%

• Total voters
i got it Jan 10th last year. I think thats still under the 1-year
yes youre covered

get it done tomorrow, should get repaired or replaced free of charge unless you somehow damaged it and they claim you did but doesn't sound like it

youre good bruh

Anyone having trouble with the iphone blacking out the screen out the random? I got the iphone xs max and since release day it has happen at least 5x. I try to press the buttons and stuff and when screen comes back, i pressed every thing i was doing. Think i almost did a emergency 911 call too smh.

Occasionally my X screen will be unresponsive to touch. I’ll try to copy and paste and I am unable to move the selection bars to select the words I want. It just goes crazy and selects a bunch of stuff I don’t. Anyone have this problem?

For example(see attachment): I can’t select just “selects a bunch of” in the attached image. The selection tool just wraps down to the whole sentence and I can never move it back to select the words I want. I have to just retype it.

10956A80-0E06-44D4-96EF-37BE51E6F3E6.jpeg

ark, if it helps, press on any letter on the keyboard for 1-2 s, and you should be able to move the cursor in between any letter/number/symbol. then highlight.

ark, if it helps, press on any letter on the keyboard for 1-2 s, and you should be able to move the cursor in between any letter/number/symbol. then highlight.

Thanks. Yeah it moves the cursor but I can’t actually move the handles to select more than one word.

@DonRafa Bert. Bert. appreciate the help b's. Well see how it goes tomorrow

@DonRafa Bert. Bert.

tldr. Got a free replacement

Longer version

So i went to my appt.

Thought I was covered. Lol.

I swore the purchase was Jan 10th but I didnt dig deep enough in my email receipts.

I actually bought it on Dec 20th so my warranty expired like 16 days ago :sick:

Chief told me it was going to be 560 to fix :sick::sick::sick:

But

Since i had initiated my discussion with Apple on twitter first ( @ AppleSupport) and that led to phone convo with an Senior Advisor, I had a case number already under my apple ID with a bunch of notes.

Chief basically told me to call them back while i was at the store and 'see what they could do'

ie Chief basically told me what to say to get them to make an exception for me. I just had to get the SA to note it in my account and provide some code to my case notes.

Ended up leaving with a free replacement :nthat:

@DonRafa Bert. Bert.

tldr. Got a free replacement

Longer version

So i went to my appt.

Thought I was covered. Lol.

I swore the purchase was Jan 10th but I didnt dig deep enough in my email receipts.

I actually bought it on Dec 20th so my warranty expired like 16 days ago :sick:

Chief told me it was going to be 560 to fix :sick::sick::sick:

But

Since i had initiated my discussion with Apple on twitter first ( @ AppleSupport) and that led to phone convo with an Senior Advisor, I had a case number already under my apple ID with a bunch of notes.

Chief basically told me to call them back while i was at the store and 'see what they could do'

ie Chief basically told me what to say to get them to make an exception for me. I just had to get the SA to note it in my account and provide some code to my case notes.

Ended up leaving with a free replacement :nthat:
Good thing you dealt with them online first

Glad it worked out in your favor

That’ll never happen.
0D8E8C4F-D7A1-446E-BE7F-D78D8024007B.gif

Apple Face ID supplier reveals new ‘behind OLED’ sensor that could ‘eliminate the bezel entirely’
Chance Miller

- Jan. 7th 2019 12:28 pm PT

iPhone-XS-Advanced-Face-ID.jpg

53 CommentsApple supplier AMS, which provides optical sensors for face recognition features on the iPhone, today announced a new “behind OLED” light and infrared proximity sensor. As reported by Reuters, the new sensor could pave the way for completely bezel-less displays.

The new light and infrared proximity sensor is referred to as “behind OLED” as it is able to sit behind a smartphone’s display. Other details of the new sensor’s technology are unclear at this point.

In a statement, AMS explains that the “behind OLED” sensor will allow smartphone manufacturers to increase the display to body ratio even further. Ideally, this would mean that the sensors currently housed in the iPhone’s notch cutout would be able to sit behind the screen.

“By developing this ‘behind OLED’ ambient light/proximity sensor, AMS enables smartphone manufacturers to achieve the highest possible ratio of display area to body size,” AMS said in a statement on the launch of the new device, referring to the OLED display technology used in devices like the latest iPhones. “The TCS3701 enables phone designers to take this trend to a new level, potentially eliminating the bezel entirely.”

One thing that’s important to note is that Face ID consists of several different components. Namely, it is powered by an infrared camera, flood illuminator, an ambient light sensor, and a dot projector. While the AMS sensor likely isn’t enough to remove the notch altogether, it is a step in the right direction.

Further, the notch is also home to the front-facing camera on the iPhone, as well as the ear speaker and a microphone. Both of these would also have to be relocated if Apple removed the notch.

AMS, like a lot of Apple suppliers, does not directly list Apple as a customer. It is estimated, however, that Apple accounts for roughly 45 percent of AMS’ sales. Apple uses the AMS facial recognition components to power Face ID in the iPhone and iPad.

Reactions: ARK
0D8E8C4F-D7A1-446E-BE7F-D78D8024007B.gif

Apple Face ID supplier reveals new ‘behind OLED’ sensor that could ‘eliminate the bezel entirely’
Chance Miller

- Jan. 7th 2019 12:28 pm PT

iPhone-XS-Advanced-Face-ID.jpg

53 CommentsApple supplier AMS, which provides optical sensors for face recognition features on the iPhone, today announced a new “behind OLED” light and infrared proximity sensor. As reported by Reuters, the new sensor could pave the way for completely bezel-less displays.

The new light and infrared proximity sensor is referred to as “behind OLED” as it is able to sit behind a smartphone’s display. Other details of the new sensor’s technology are unclear at this point.

In a statement, AMS explains that the “behind OLED” sensor will allow smartphone manufacturers to increase the display to body ratio even further. Ideally, this would mean that the sensors currently housed in the iPhone’s notch cutout would be able to sit behind the screen.

“By developing this ‘behind OLED’ ambient light/proximity sensor, AMS enables smartphone manufacturers to achieve the highest possible ratio of display area to body size,” AMS said in a statement on the launch of the new device, referring to the OLED display technology used in devices like the latest iPhones. “The TCS3701 enables phone designers to take this trend to a new level, potentially eliminating the bezel entirely.”

One thing that’s important to note is that Face ID consists of several different components. Namely, it is powered by an infrared camera, flood illuminator, an ambient light sensor, and a dot projector. While the AMS sensor likely isn’t enough to remove the notch altogether, it is a step in the right direction.

Further, the notch is also home to the front-facing camera on the iPhone, as well as the ear speaker and a microphone. Both of these would also have to be relocated if Apple removed the notch.

AMS, like a lot of Apple suppliers, does not directly list Apple as a customer. It is estimated, however, that Apple accounts for roughly 45 percent of AMS’ sales. Apple uses the AMS facial recognition components to power Face ID in the iPhone and iPad.
I hope this is correct but I still doubt it. It was more a design choice than anything.

Did the custom watch face app build instead of the sketch Chinese app.

Literally a few edits in Xcode and a build. Took about 10 mins
062415EC-2362-485F-87A8-B84D11C5D125.jpeg
Rolex face is dope but definitely cheesy :lol:

I prefer the Hermès face since it’s an actual licensed watch face
AE7B6639-D229-48BB-A6A2-D47088DD47A5.jpeg

This Tesla Apple Watch App concept is beautiful

9hnp4vsj4kz11.png

The more and more I wear my Apple watch, the more and more I grow attached to it. Still looking to upgrade from the S3 to an S4, but I'm scared if the S5 next year had no bezels at all. Mightbite the bullet and just get an S4 and then upgrade when the 5 drops.

Last edited:
So my AirPods don’t work when I’m on a phone call. I can’t hear and the person on the other line doesn’t hear me. Everything else works fine. Should I go into an apple store or should I make an appointment? Also how would I make an appointment. Never done it lol.

Thanks

So my AirPods don’t work when I’m on a phone call. I can’t hear and the person on the other line doesn’t hear me. Everything else works fine. Should I go into an apple store or should I make an appointment? Also how would I make an appointment. Never done it lol.

Thanks
just call the store and ask them the best option

Did the custom watch face app build instead of the sketch Chinese app.

Literally a few edits in Xcode and a build. Took about 10 mins
062415EC-2362-485F-87A8-B84D11C5D125.jpeg
Rolex face is dope but definitely cheesy :lol:

I prefer the Hermès face since it’s an actual licensed watch face
AE7B6639-D229-48BB-A6A2-D47088DD47A5.jpeg

This Tesla Apple Watch App concept is beautiful

9hnp4vsj4kz11.png

The more and more I wear my Apple watch, the more and more I grow attached to it. Still looking to upgrade from the S3 to an S4, but I'm scared if the S5 next year had no bezels at all. Mightbite the bullet and just get an S4 and then upgrade when the 5 drops.
Can you link that app? I just use the default Nike face but it’d be cool to mess around with other faces.

Last edited:
Still using the OG Apple Watch :lol:

Still going strong and gives me a good 10 hours of use. Really only use it to for quick replies or peeping at texts when my hands are full at work. Also when it’s cardio days at the gym

No need for a new one personally

Still using the OG Apple Watch :lol:

Still going strong and gives me a good 10 hours of use. Really only use it to for quick replies or peeping at texts when my hands are full at work. Also when it’s cardio days at the gym

No need for a new one personally

There’s been so many users on reddit who jumped from S0 to S4 and they’ve all seemed pretty blown away.

BUT if you’re still getting your money’s worth out of your OG, keep it going strong. The Apple Watch S0 depending on what edition was expensive af

PRIME PRIME :nthat:
Guess im gonna have to get my hands dirty and pull up my dev account.

Also finally brought a stainless steel milianse loop band, going to that nike back to that plastic nike band was no bueno.

Been noticing AirPods like crazy st my gym. I’m glad they are not the same as the default ones that come with the phones. I still went on ahead with Jabra Elite wireless headphones.

Really awesome. Main and mostly only use for the gym.

Thanks

Pair them again

Back
Top Bottom