Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
An Outlook/Slack widget would be really useful for work purposes. Just see your most recent email/IM at a glance.

Because if someone swipes your **** you can find dude.

Find my airpods is useless. Even if someone finds them, you can no longer locate them. The airpods need to be near the actual phone to ping them. Once they're out of range, it'll just tell you the time they were last connected. Whoever finds them can easily pair them to their phones after that.

Find my airpods is useless. Even if someone finds them, you can no longer locate them. The airpods need to be near the actual phone to ping them. Once they're out of range, it'll just tell you the time they were last connected. Whoever finds them can easily pair them to their phones after that.

I was being facetious. Find My AirPods isn't useless, I don't think they're equipped with GPS so it wouldn't make sense to expect to be able to track them down from a remote location. But if you misplace them in your home or something, you can use the app to make them emit a sound and track them down that way.

I once found my left pair inside an empty weed jar. Think my 3 year old nephew put them there.

^ It's crazy how many of these things people lose at my work. If they never ask me or my staff, they usually don't get them back. It'd be nice to have GPS on them, at least for the pros considering their price point.

About to power all these babies up. Every single device I’ve had since i was first introduced to Apple back in 2009.
7D6A37BA-83A6-4EFA-9157-680FD6491843.jpeg

Anyone know the protocol for damaged devices with all stores being closed? The back of my phone cracked (XS Max) but i know it's only gonna be replaced and I pay a deductible so idk if there's just an option to send one to me and i send this back.

Anyone know the protocol for damaged devices with all stores being closed? The back of my phone cracked (XS Max) but i know it's only gonna be replaced and I pay a deductible so idk if there's just an option to send one to me and i send this back.

You can chat or call support. They can send a new phone in 3-5 days. Hopefully you have applecare. If you don't, I hope you have insurance with your carrier. If you have carrier insurance and no applecare call your carrier.

You can chat or call support. They can send a new phone in 3-5 days. Hopefully you have applecare. If you don't, I hope you have insurance with your carrier. If you have carrier insurance and no applecare call your carrier.

Yeah I have Applecare. I saw they had an option for "express" replacement where they send you one and you send back yours but it was $99 extra so I wasn't gonna do all that.

Yeah I have Applecare. I saw they had an option for "express" replacement where they send you one and you send back yours but it was $99 extra so I wasn't gonna do all that.
$99 is the standard fee. They will overnight you a phone. They may put a hold on your card until they get your broken phone back. I would chat with them. They can also see if a store is open near you. Some stores have opened back up. The ones in NY and VA are open last time I checked.

Has everything about the cost and stuff. If a store is open, check apple.com/retail see what the new hours are and get there when they open. No Mask, No Entry. If you don't have one, they can give you one.

Last edited:
$99 is the standard fee. They will overnight you a phone. They may put a hold on your card until they get your broken phone back. I would chat with them. They can also see if a store is open near you. Some stores have opened back up. The ones in NY and VA are open last time I checked.

Thanks for the advice man. Much appreciated.

How do y'all log in to banking apps since the current iPhones don't support fingerprint sign in?

Y'all using passwords or face unlock?

How do y'all log in to banking apps since the current iPhones don't support fingerprint sign in?

Y'all using passwords or face unlock?

Face ID is a blessing. I use random password generators for financial apps no way I'm remembering them or grabbing them from Bitwarden each time I log in.

Lost my airpod pros smh. Must have fallen out of my pocket.
“Find my” app seems pretty useless, no? It just shows their location of the last time they were actually connected, which for me was a few days ago.

Ill prob get the regular degular joints. Noise cancelling feature is nice but not necessary and the regular ones are more comfortable. I gave my pair to my wife when I got the pros lol

Mine was useless. I got home from work one day and couldn’t find them. The only places I stopped at was the leasing office in my complex. Find my was showing them being at the leasing office even though I never took them out my pocket. I was walking around at night with a flashlight trying to find them outside. I tore my room apart and couldn’t find them. Finally the next morning I go to put my work shoes on and they had fallen in one of the shoes. The shoes were 2 feet from my phone for the whole night and during the time I tore my room apart looking for them. I guess they need to be out of the case for it to actually work.

How long have you been doing this and hows the overall experience opening closing switching

I've been doing it since at least 2016. It's nothing time consuming or complicated.

Opening an account is usually done online in 5 minutes. Business credit cards sometimes require verification so that's a different deal.

I've never closed an account, I usually opt to downgraded to another card without an annual fee after I get the sign up bonus. 5 minute phone call.

Really the only thing to be mindful of is financial discipline and self control.

Don't hustle backwards, purchases that you wouldn't have made otherwise, just to satisfy a sign up bonus, are a net lost. Same with carrying a balance and paying interest, just can't do it.

Best (free) weather app? I've been a Wunderground user for years but lately feel like it's really hit or miss.

Dark Sky I've read is great but don't think I need to spend $4.

Back
Top Bottom