• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
are there ANY gold 5S' for sprint, man? :rolleyes

people on the wait list are waiting 8 weeks at my local sprint store. :stoneface:

Go to radio shack.l They never let me down and always have phones in stock because people don think of them. Any at launch within the first few weeks they always have stock

Doesn't make sense. Why can' t you just purchase another AppleCare subscription once the 2 years is up (even if it's the same phone)?

Then again, it doesn't make sense to repair an iphone after 2 years since there will be another new iphone to get.
I work for apple. few  reasons for this. 1st They want you to buy a new phone. 2nd they dont want to be stuck supporting old equipment

You should see the people that bring in or call about their 10 year old macs with mac os tiger 10.4... Im like are you serious

Go to radio shack.l They never let me down and always have phones in stock because people don think of them. Any at launch within the first few weeks they always have stock

I called one and they had a this-fool-really-called-for-a-iphone5s attitude. I was hoping to swoop one up low key but not after that mess.

Doesn't make sense. Why can' t you just purchase another AppleCare subscription once the 2 years is up (even if it's the same phone)?

Then again, it doesn't make sense to repair an iphone after 2 years since there will be another new iphone to get.

I work for apple. few  reasons for this. 1st They want you to buy a new phone. 2nd they dont want to be stuck supporting old equipment

You should see the people that bring in or call about their 10 year old macs with mac os tiger 10.4... Im like are you serious
damn near $2,000 laptop damn right I'm keeping it until it can't be fixed anymore

Now my 4s volume isnt working. It works half the time whenever it feels like.

My phone also wont turn off anymore. As soon as I power it off, it automatically turns on by itself.

And battery has suddenly become very noticeably trash. After a full charge phone from 7am it is currently at 16%. Havnt it used it outside of txting a handful of times.

Anybody have a solution for this, I set up an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow but im trying everything to avoid dealing with them bc I dont think they will give me a new phone. There is definitely no water damage.

I JUST got this replacement phone less than a month ago. 

Any help at all?
If you're jailbroken, try this. It worked for my 4s. If not, clean the lint and dust out of the charging port. They only give a new phone if you purchased the phone within the last year or you run into a nice person.
Thanks for your replay. But I was confused..what did you mean by 'this".

Its not jail broken and Ive tried cleaning the port all week.

Looking like my only hope is to get a nice person tomorrow :frown:
Just wanted to update yall with what happened with me yesterday and hope it finds itself to be helpful to someone.

I went in to my appointment and explained the sound problem.

As he inspected my phone, I also told him how the phone wouldnt stay off when I turned it off.

He looked for water damage at the bottom, tried to reboot it, when it failed he told me I was eligible for replacement.

Now... bc I had recently got that same phone replaced a little over a month ago (due to water damage), he informed me that that new phone I got a month ago had a 90 day warranty (which I was not aware of a all. They never told me that when I got it replaced then). So anything that happens to it thats not water damage related (to my knowledge) can be replaced for the identical phone free of charge.

Needless to say I dapped him and harlem shaked out the apple store b

:smile:

I hate the apple replacement phones. I always end up cracking my screen or something and then get it replaced only to end up with a phone that has various other problems.

My phone also wont turn off anymore. As soon as I power it off, it automatically turns on by itself.

And battery has suddenly become very noticeably trash. After a full charge phone from 7am it is currently at 16%. Havnt it used it outside of txting a handful of times.

Anybody have a solution for this, I set up an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow but im trying everything to avoid dealing with them bc I dont think they will give me a new phone. There is definitely no water damage.

Any help at all?

If you're jailbroken, try this. It worked for my 4s. If not, clean the lint and dust out of the charging port. They only give a new phone if you purchased the phone within the last year or you run into a nice person.

Just wanted to update yall with what happened with me yesterday and hope it finds itself to be helpful to someone.

As he inspected my phone, I also told him how the phone wouldnt stay off when I turned it off.

He looked for water damage at the bottom, tried to reboot it, when it failed he told me I was eligible for replacement.

Now... bc I had recently got that same phone replaced a little over a month ago (due to water damage), he informed me that that new phone I got a month ago had a 90 day warranty (which I was not aware of a all. They never told me that when I got it replaced then). So anything that happens to it thats not water damage related (to my knowledge) can be replaced for the identical phone free of charge.

So if I get a warranty replacement phone, it's only warrantied for 90 days? I got a warranty replacement for my 5 in July...

gold 5S is for females and dudes DESPERATE for attention, period. 
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

honestly, there is no noticeable difference between the 5S and 5. if you have a 5 save your money. It makes me feel like a tool fanboy for even copping this.

Last edited:
gold 5S is for females and dudes DESPERATE for attention, period. :x  :stoneface:  

honestly, there is no noticeable difference between the 5S and 5. if you have a 5 save your money. It makes me feel like a tool fanboy for even copping this.
I like the gold bc it's different. I don't want attention. Had black for years then my last two phones were white. I'm gonna get a gold one now.
I'm really liking the fingerprint scanner too

Last edited:

Any help at all?

Looking like my only hope is to get a nice person tomorrow
frown.gif

smile.gif
So if I get a warranty replacement phone, it's only warrantied for 90 days? I got a warranty replacement for my 5 in July...
Yes that's what I was told. I guess its in that agreement thing you sign and get emailed but Ive never read it.

Any help at all?

Yes that's what I was told. I guess its in that agreement thing you sign and get emailed but Ive never read it.

It actually depends on when you replace the phone. Typically your 1 year warranty would transfer over to the replacement device OR 90 days from the replacement. Whichever is longer. Just to clear that up.

And pretty much no one ever reads terms and conditions. It's a 43 page document

picked up a gold 5s for ATT today, outright.. I'm either selling or waiting for it to be unlocked so I can get a cheaper plan and sim through someone else.

exactly. not sure if people know, but apple stores receive stock every 2-3 days. the on my brother works at had 900 phones for launch and received another 600 2 days later.

Plus, it's even explained to me by Target and an ATT store.. Apple takes what they need from the volume produced every day in order to keep serving their customers. ALL other stores (Walmart, Target, ATT, Verizon, etc.) will only get what's left AFTER Apple has cleaned the stock of their needs.

Quick question a little unrelated, but is 160 a good deal for an iPhone 4S with a cracked glass back?

Last edited:
Going in for a Genius Bar meeting tomorrow.. Smh my fingerprint ID scanned is messing up. Started to fail at reading my thumbprint that I've had since I got it.. Tried to re-register it and now it won't register my fingerprint to save my life. Damn man.. Just my luck.

Back
Top Bottom