• Case

Votes: 237 62.0%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 51 13.4%

• Total voters

ICE CITY CF

Supporter
Joined Mar 29, 2020
Anybody have an iPad and what do you feel is appropriate storage?

I know that depends on usage but I've never really used an iPad and I actually got to this point because I was just looking for a portable external monitor for my laptop.

Primary use will be as a 2nd display when I'm working, but the idea of having a 2nd display that doubles as an entertainment, reading, and communication hub really intrigues me.

Do yall think 256GB storage would be enough for entertainment purposes? I won't have cellular and even Wi-FI not always guaranteed when traveling, I'm more or less on that nomadic tip and spend most of the year outside the U.S.

Joined Dec 13, 2004
256gb should be fine id think, maybe store the movies/show you want to watch on a lightning flash drive to save space, i used it to watch movies ive saved when travelling when there no wifi before being relegated as a back-up drive for my pics/files

you can also use the icloud storage, ive subscribed for the 200gb for $3/month and you can access all the files in them on your other apple devices

Joined Apr 23, 2014
I ordered an iphone 11 for my nephew, it didn’t come with charging cord or earphones? Is that normal?

Joined Feb 7, 2010
I have an iPhone 7 ithat I plan on running into the ground

starting yesterday it’s been giving me issues

cellular data is turned off and won’t allow to turn it back on

it says I must update to iOS 14.4.2 to be able to turn cellular data back on

when I try to update I get this message:

92C2E0A2-2580-450B-AC03-996885AC1CA7.png

I tried to remove the download and update again and it doesn’t complete the update...gets about 3/4 through preparing to update and never finished

this morning my phone kept restarting and turning off after being on for about five seconds

any help is appreciated

Joined Oct 31, 2005
I have an iPhone 7 ithat I plan on running into the ground

starting yesterday it’s been giving me issues

cellular data is turned off and won’t allow to turn it back on

it says I must update to iOS 14.4.2 to be able to turn cellular data back on

when I try to update I get this message:

92C2E0A2-2580-450B-AC03-996885AC1CA7.png

I tried to remove the download and update again and it doesn’t complete the update...gets about 3/4 through preparing to update and never finished

this morning my phone kept restarting and turning off after being on for about five seconds

any help is appreciated
You should just restore the phone as new and start fresh.

Joined Sep 24, 2012
You can download the iOS 14.4.2 ispw file for your iPhone 7 and force the update to the phone through iTunes assuming the iPhone 7 can even handle iOS 14. https://osxdaily.com/2010/11/23/how-to-use-ipsw-files/
Or YouTube ispw update via iTunes

My iPhone 8 was dropping internet and not detecting the SIM card every few days. I put so many miles on that phone I probably wore out the components.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 26, 2015
Yup no more earphones and charging brick anymore for all of their models. They announced it last October when the 12 came out but it took a while to fully go into effect for the older models. If you bought an XR/11 from a few months ago, you may have still gotten some of the old stock that still included them but at this point, the current stock that retailers have should just have the phone and cable.

Joined Apr 23, 2014
they removed it from their entire lineup.
Yup no more earphones and charging brick anymore for all of their models. They announced it last October when the 12 came out but it took a while to fully go into effect for the older models. If you bought an XR/11 from a few months ago, you may have still gotten some of the old stock that still included them but at this point, the current stock that retailers have should just have the phone and cable.
I also got my niece an iphone from TMOBILE, and it came with charging cables and a brick.
Both delivered this past weekend.

Joined Sep 26, 2015
I also got my niece an iphone from TMOBILE, and it came with charging cables and a brick.
Both delivered this past weekend.
Maybe it still depends on the stock at each retailer. I just got my mom a 64GB XR from Best Buy (ordered online) and it only had the phone + cable. I think if you order from Apple directly, those won't have it for sure. In that case it prob won't hurt to ask them and see

Joined Aug 21, 2010
Apple pushing the line with this BS. Phones are getting more expensive and discontinuing including accessories. Just downloaded the latest update and my music is still skipping while connected to my car.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now