Apple Responds to Microsoft's "Laptop Hunters" Campaign

laugh.gif

Apple doesn't have ANY small, portable laptops with lots of power that has a LOW price. They have ONE small, portable laptop with a DECENT performance, at$1,599.

And there are PLENTY of PC's with big screens and better hardware than an Apple.

This is the same argument that comes up every time. Everyone KNOWS that there is an APPLE TAX. What the hell are you guys disputing?

And as for viruses, I've had my Dell Studio 15 with Vista Vista for almost a 8 months now. I've never had a single virus, any spyware, malware, oradware. No crashes either.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

They TOTALLY missed the whole point of Microsoft's recent ad campaign which is the LOW prices of PCs.
you missed the point. they're saying that you're buying a PC with a small screen, slow processor, and a computer that crashes/gets viruses with those 'cheap' prices.
Yea but they say oo this thing has 4GBs of RAM while the Mac has 2GB. Yea it has more but it's a much older model model fo RAM. It's aDDR2 while Macs use DDR3. For intense things such as gaming and photo editing the extra bus actually makes a big difference. Not to mention the extra weightyou have on a typical PC vs a mac. How about all the extra programs you need to pay for to that you get standard on a Mac. Photo Editing, movie editing, musing editing, not to mention needing an anti virus, and anti spyware. In reality the prices come out the same. Problem is they are not comparing equalmodels. Pick equal models with equal parts. That includes the same processors, same types of RAM, and same graphics card, and same weight, and same batterylife. And the PC is about equal the price of a mac.

Originally Posted by SN DG

Is it true that Macs don't crash? How come they don't get viruses or anything?

i didnt mean for this to turn into a flame party. figures
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

ok for your question, Macs can crash and they can get viruses.
Apple however, makes their own hardware and software for the most part, so in theory they can work out bugs and issues and malicious coding themselves. In thecase of Windows based PCs, everybody and their mom makes hardware and software. Micorsoft makes the OS, but with all these people making different componentsand programs, theres bound to be a
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
up at some point. Asmany can tell you, it happens way too often.
In my experience, i've had too many random shut downs and viruses to count on PCs. Between about 10 different macs over the last 16 years, ive had 4 shutdowns and 0 viruses.
As far as viruses go, Windows has a 90% marketshare. Apple has 5%. whats the rate of success for a hacker/programmer who writes a code for Mac OS?
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

They exist...theyre just very very very very rare.
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

laugh.gif

Apple doesn't have ANY small, portable laptops with lots of power that has a LOW price. They have ONE small, portable laptop with a DECENT performance, at $1,599.

And there are PLENTY of PC's with big screens and better hardware than an Apple.

This is the same argument that comes up every time. Everyone KNOWS that there is an APPLE TAX. What the hell are you guys disputing?

And as for viruses, I've had my Dell Studio 15 with Vista Vista for almost a 8 months now. I've never had a single virus, any spyware, malware, or adware. No crashes either.

um no.
Apple has 4 small, portable latpops with varying options. It just so happens to fall under one umbrella..the Macbook. It ranges in price from $999 to $1,599.There are plenty of PCs that fit those requirements because there more than just one compnay making them. Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, Gateway...the list goes onand on. It woulnt be a smart business decision to make a computer for every marker niche. Perfect your craft with a few varying options and you simplify thingsfor you and the everyday customer. Its worked for Apple, and it will most likely continue to. This "Apple Tax" you refer to is a competitve price setby the company who owns the hardware and the software. what do you expect?

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by finnns2003

They TOTALLY missed the whole point of Microsoft's recent ad campaign which is the LOW prices of PCs.
you missed the point. they're saying that you're buying a PC with a small screen, slow processor, and a computer that crashes/gets viruses with those 'cheap' prices.
Yea but they say oo this thing has 4GBs of RAM while the Mac has 2GB. Yea it has more but it's a much older model model fo RAM. It's a DDR2 while Macs use DDR3. For intense things such as gaming and photo editing the extra bus actually makes a big difference. Not to mention the extra weight you have on a typical PC vs a mac. How about all the extra programs you need to pay for to that you get standard on a Mac. Photo Editing, movie editing, musing editing, not to mention needing an anti virus, and anti spyware. In reality the prices come out the same. Problem is they are not comparing equal models. Pick equal models with equal parts. That includes the same processors, same types of RAM, and same graphics card, and same weight, and same battery life. And the PC is about equal the price of a mac.
well, the mac commercials talk about processor speeds, not memory. i'll take a faster processor and less RAM, because i can add my own later.but i agree with you about the programs.

With the memory debate.... you don't need more than 2 GB on a mac...

PC's come with 4 GB's cuz Vista takes so much memory to run
roll.gif

I'm running 2 GB with my Macbook and have like 14 things open... NO LAG
grin.gif

Not to mention how great a feature Macs have of the AC Cord being on a magnet... why don't PC's adopt this... much less problems... and if you catchthe cord it doesnt pull the comp w/ it

I think that ad sort've works against Apple... it shows that with windows, you can buy a system completely customized to your needs and wants.. with a mac,they don't give you hardly any choices.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Not to mention how great a feature Macs have of the AC Cord being on a magnet... why don't PC's adopt this... much less problems... and if you catch the cord it doesnt pull the comp w/ it

seriously one of the most genius ideas i've ever seen.
i rly appreciated it a few weeks back when my mom stepped on it and thankfully only the cord came off as opposed to the whole laptop flying.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

laugh.gif

they have a really good marketing plan, that's for sure
All of their "creative" is done by Chiat/Day (creative ad agency). How do you know if you met someone who works on the Apple team atChiat? They walk around like they S dont stink hahaha. The self perceived swag is unbelievable

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Not to mention how great a feature Macs have of the AC Cord being on a magnet... why don't PC's adopt this... much less problems... and if you catch
the cord it doesnt pull the comp w/ it

seriously one of the most genius ideas i've ever seen.
i rly appreciated it a few weeks back when my mom stepped on it and thankfully only the cord came off as opposed to the whole laptop flying.

Why hasn't any PC company done this yet? Does Apple have a patent on it?

I work in the computer department at best buy.. and seriously at LEAST 5 people a day replace PC AC Adapters...

And what Microsoft does not get is that when people by a Mac they are also paying for a computer that runs OSX out of the box.

OSX >>>>>>>> Any operating system Microsoft has ever put out.

On top of that I actually have purchased two laptops in the past 6 months. An HP Pavillion (the same Pavillion in one of the PC ads) and a MacBook Pro. Withintwo months my girlfriend calls me to tell me her computer (HP) wont turn on. I look at it and come to find out it didnt even come with any system disks. So Ihad to spend an hour talking on the phone with somebody in India just to get them to send me a copy of Vista to try to repair the damn thing. I finally get thedisks and they dont work. Had to end up shipping off the computer after owning it for less than 2 months.

As an owner of a Mac and PC, I prefer the PC any day of the week.

Mac's are heavily over-prices for no damn reason.

microsoft's whole laptop hunter campaign is garbage. they're advertising for dell, HP, compaq, etc. when their product is operating systems. they missthe whole point of the apple ads, which focus on the software itself. all microsoft is doing is gaining revenue for hardware manufacturers

Originally Posted by SN DG

Is it true that Macs don't crash? How come they don't get viruses or anything?

I've had my iMac for about 5 years now. Never crashed on me...nor got any viruses. Only prob I've ever had ironically came just last week when I had toget the power supply replaced...which probably had something to do with me leaving my computer on without shutting down for months at a time.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

microsoft's whole laptop hunter campaign is garbage. they're advertising for dell, HP, compaq, etc. when their product is operating systems. they miss the whole point of the apple ads, which focus on the software itself. all microsoft is doing is gaining revenue for hardware manufacturers

hardware manufacturers that happen to have contracts with them to buy copies of Windows for every machine....what else are they going to advertise, theydon't make hardware.

well when you charge a lot for your products then you have more money to pay for marketing (geico is a great example too). but in all seriousness, PCs arecheaper yes. so are Fords. that doesn't mean I still want one
someone please tell me one thing wrong with Macs. and costing more than a PC doesn't count.

I really don't know how people get so many viruses and crashes on their PC's. I've owned two desktops and one laptop in 9 years and the onlycrashes I've ever suffered were self-inflicted, i.e. messing with the registry, trying to install programs/apps without fully reading instructions. In thefive months I used Vista I had one hiccup and that was when I first got it and had a problem installing all the updates at once. You got to be a real fool tomess up a PC now a days.

Back
Top Bottom