Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Quick pic of my old 16” next to the new one. Havent used it enough yet to provide feedback

just got done erasing the old and reinstalling MacOS, i put it up for sale for $1750 while i waitfor my trade-in box from Apple. All ive gotten so far is scammers lol
Scanner the worst lol. Why I went with apple trade in. Swaps is a good option. I’ve sold a ton there.

I will say that one thing im not s big fan of is that the menu bar is not cutoff right at the bottom of the notch. It extends past the notch slightly and it doesnt make sense to me

EDIT: Actually im all good, just found an app (TopNotch) that makes the menu bar black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 819
  • FFDD22AA-C6C5-498C-8717-50D4E115C6A9.jpeg
    FFDD22AA-C6C5-498C-8717-50D4E115C6A9.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 1,326
Last edited:
Thinking about taking the plunge on that new MacBook pro 14in coming from a 15in '16 model I thought the size was perfect imo

I haven't see any comparison videos to the old 15in pros to the new 14in I wanna know if the size comparison is really that off

Watched too many reviews of the new MBP, just got my air this past March and now looking to get one while the air’s value is still kinda high
I was in the same situation. Very pleased with the MBP upgrade. I used Apple Card to do 12mo 0% interest on the MBP and will just pay the whole thing off once my Air sells.

What’s a good backlight keyboard that doesn’t turn off the backlight quickly for iMac? I’m gonna be doing UX stuff from home.

Also looking for a good mouse. The Logitech mx3 looks good

MacBook pros look dope

can't do 16"

might have to grab a 14" I thought 13: was perfect
Ive had a couple 13” and the one im just coming off of was my first bigger screen (16”)

its kinda like phones for me. i didnt think Id need/want it, but the bigger screen is the way to go. I considered going 14” this time but just couldnt do it and im happy i didnt

If you travel often, i agree with sticking with the 14”. When i was on the plane before Covid i was like damn this thing is too big for the tray on the seat. Other than that, 16 is the way to go

just need them to drop some cases for this beauty

I'm currently on a 2012 11" MacBook Air. I'll definitely be upgrading soon, I'm just not sure if I'll get another Air or get a MBP.

Does Apple normally have Black Friday sales? I'm looking to get new wireless headphones around BF. I have a $75 gift card for the Apple store but wanted to hold off in case they have a BF sale on some headphones. I'm still deciding between the AirPods Pro, Beats Studio Buds, AirPods 3 or Powerbeats Pro.

I recall them having a cyber Monday sale but nothing big. I just got the newest version of the entry level air pods. Way better than my first gen.

Anyone switch from spotify to apple music and stayed? Want to try it for spatial audio and dolby atmos with my pros.

My 14" MBP just came in. Upgraded the HD to 1TB but everything else is base...Debating if I should've sprung for something higher up...Not sure. My last MBP was a 13 inch that I bought in 2012 or 2013 and still using that, so this next laptop will be kept for a while too. Will be doing a small bit of video/photo editing and maybe some light graphic design stuff in the future.

I think this could handle it no problem, but man I am being tempted by upgrading to one of the higher specs...lol

My 14" MBP just came in. Upgraded the HD to 1TB but everything else is base...Debating if I should've sprung for something higher up...Not sure. My last MBP was a 13 inch that I bought in 2012 or 2013 and still using that, so this next laptop will be kept for a while too. Will be doing a small bit of video/photo editing and maybe some light graphic design stuff in the future.

I think this could handle it no problem, but man I am being tempted by upgrading to one of the higher specs...lol
Yea I should say depends on use case. I just got my 14-in and I sprung for the $200 processor bump for the base. But I could of saved that 200 and gotten the base. Everything I have edited so far hasn't even made this thing blink. All 4k editing btw.

Yea I should say depends on use case. I just got my 14-in and I sprung for the $200 processor bump for the base. But I could of saved that 200 and gotten the base. Everything I have edited so far hasn't even made this thing blink. All 4k editing btw.

Yeah it's funny because once you upgrade one thing, you think "hm I should just upgrade this too..." And then you look at the price and think "**** I should just go for the M1 Max" :lol: But like you said I think for most people the base or close to it will get the job done no problem

Assuming college work is typing up long papers, online research and regular access… any MacBook pro will last for what seems forever.
Until I starting doing heavy editing for pics and videos I used the OG MacBook Air for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom