Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
My friends 2016 pro motherboard went bad. You hear it running but nothing shows on the screen. Apple wants to ship it out and fix for $450 :smh:

Anyone Have I HomePod? Are they worth the price should I just grab a Sonos

sonos all day. The play 1s are nice, i have 2. I also have the Gen 1 Sonos Beam which is magnificent. The sonos move looks good but pricey, and they have the roam which i dont have either due to already having a portable speaker.

Ok, so I’m strongly considering getting a MacBook Pro 16” next year. My current laptop(HP) is 10 years old and it’s at its last stages. What are things I should include and look forward too in this MacBook? Also, how is that logic app, is it really useful? Lastly, what’s the difference between the M1 Max and the M1 pro chip?
Are MacBook pros long lasting?

Ok, so I’m strongly considering getting a MacBook Pro 16” next year. My current laptop(HP) is 10 years old and it’s at its last stages. What are things I should include and look forward too in this MacBook? Also, how is that logic app, is it really useful? Lastly, what’s the difference between the M1 Max and the M1 pro chip?

Swear I answered the last question twice on the last page :lol: They will last you a LONG time. I'm still using my base model 2013 Macbook Pro and it's never given me any real issues (granted I don't use it for video/photo editing or graphic design or coding etc) If you spring for a 16 inch you will be very happy, especially coming from an old HP. In 2013 my old laptop was an HP and going to this old MBP was a HUGE leap.

I think the biggest discernible difference with the Pro and Max that I have seen is Graphics Performance, SSD/Memory speed, and Thermal cooling.

The processors are essentially the same. So everyday non-graphical things will perform similarly all the way from the M1, Pro, and Max.

IMO, you get your moneys worth with MBP's if longevity is your need. With the tight ecosystem the updates will run for generations.

Same on the 14. While I agree that they could of better utilized the space *ahem Face ID* it really is a non issue. Similar to my phone.

Not sure how much real estate Face ID takes but I feel like they could of fit it. But maybe they just want to warm our pockets up for when they release it on the next iteration :smh:

On the other hand, I wish I copped silver this go round, but I don't want to wait since I got a custom spec.

Yall need to download that TopNotch app i posted about. Removes the notch completely for a clean look

Attachments

• 6C39AF37-4E93-4166-8B2B-A665D52EBD1E.jpeg
    6C39AF37-4E93-4166-8B2B-A665D52EBD1E.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 674
Yeah that Top Notch app is....... top notch :lol:. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple just adds that functionality into macOS.

I'm not mentally ready to drop the bag on the new Macbooks, especially since I only use mine(which is now my ole ladies) to surf the internet. I'm going to pick this up from Best Buy Sunday and maybe in the few years I'll move over to the M1 Max chip.

M1 Macbook @ Best Buy

Yall shouldve just waited till early next year (if possible) when the new Air drops

The new Air will likely be a departure from the current clean look. It’s supposed to have white bezels and a white keyboard area. I’d say if you like the current look with black bezels, grab one now b/c it sounds like Apple is taking the Air line down the same path as the iMac (colorful).

Get a Thinkpad

The specs you get at the price Apple is charging is laughable

Only thing going for it is the aesthetics

Only makes sense if you are able to write it off as a business expense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom