Apple's Back to School Promo Starts Today: Buy a Mac, Get a Free iPod

Alongside today's minor update to its white MacBook, Apple announced the launch of its annual Back to School promo for U.S. education customers. This year's program offers rebates of up to $229 on the full line of iPods when purchased with a qualifying new Apple computer, which includes all Macs except the Mac mini.

Both the Mac and iPod must be purchased at the same time on the same receipt, and purchases must be made either directly from Apple or at an Apple Authorized Campus Store. This year's program runs through September 8th, 2009.

This year's promotion had been rumored to extend to the 8 GB iPhone this year, but the claim did not come to fruition.

Apple is currently running a similar promotion in Canada, and typically offers such programs in a number of other countries later in the year.

093747-back_to_school.png

Link
For those of you on the fence...has to be purchased in-store with a student ID, or online at the Education Store (anyone can use the Education Store...noverification needed
wink.gif
)

I don't have $1200 hidden anywhere...how am I going to get a nice laptop for college?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

does mac do trade ins?

I'm sitting on a 2 two old macbook, want to get a new one.

not for computers. You can get a 10% discount for turning in an old iPod and use it towards the purchase of a new one tho.
There's a market for old Macs...they tend to have decent resell value depending on the machines you have. If you can't unload them that way, trywww.macmall.com

I want one but I cant see my self dropping over 1000 for a laptop. Macs are good, but they too expensive. Its a recession
grin.gif

Computer heads, is their a substantial difference in speed between 2.4 Ghz and 2.13 Ghz?

it used to be you got a free printer with your purchase also.. it doesn't mention it but im sure if you snoop around the website they still have thatpromotion as well

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Computer heads, is their a substantial difference in speed between 2.4 Ghz and 2.13 Ghz?

if youre a casual user...you wont really notice it. If you don't really care for the alumnium body and youre trying to save money, go with thepolycarbonate one. If you can keep stuff clean you'll be alright.

Also, for the people who purchased with an Edu discount after May 13, you are also eligible. I bought mine a week ago, and I called and they said I'melegible...who wants an iPod for the low
nerd.gif

^^ I recently lost my ipod andhave been in the market of getting one on the LOW...,

get at me

i just got my laptop last week mac book air its amazingg..too bad i missed out on the deal ..do u think if i call they'll hook it up??

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! what's the return policy on macbooks? i just bought mine over a month ago
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by babyteez

i just got my laptop last week mac book air its amazingg..too bad i missed out on the deal ..do u think if i call they'll hook it up??

if you bouht it before May 13, youre good. IF not you can try to fight it, or return the computer and buy it back+ the rebate. They may or may not charge you a10% restocking fee
Originally Posted by dyzzle

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! what's the return policy on macbooks? i just bought mine over a month ago

14 days. you kinda played yourself
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

call customer service anyway. you might get someone nice...

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by babyteez

if you bouht it before May 13, youre good. IF not you can try to fight it, or return the computer and buy it back+ the rebate. They may or may not charge you a 10% restocking fee
Originally Posted by dyzzle

14 days. you kinda played yourself
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

call customer service anyway. you might get someone nice...
just called. no go
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

damn it..i just got my macbook last saturday
mad.gif

FML!!!!!

if you bought it before the 13...you can still get it.
last satuday=May 17.
Call customer service and get your iPod homie
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Back
Top Bottom