Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Can't wait. iPhone 4 is still immaculate but if this is another one of those $199 with 2 year deals sign me up. I started with the 3 so every time a new model comes out I get upgrade price. (I just skip the "s" series)

Is it going to be jail breakable right after release? Since it doesnt come with a new OS right ? I'm not even eligible for an upgrade got a 4S in November but I know I'll want this

Is it going to be jail breakable right after release? Since it doesnt come with a new OS right ? I'm not even eligible for an upgrade got a 4S in November but I know I'll want this
i'm pretty sure they're rolling out iOS 6 at the same time.

cop full retail then sell your 4s on craigslist. youll end up paying 2 yr price -100 dollars more than 2 yr price. Then when your actual upgrade comes sell the 5 and cop the 5s and it will pretty much be free because you will sell for no less than 250 and repeat cycle.

Man I can't wait. So tired of this prepaid bull.

Oh yea, iPad Mini to be announced shortly thereafter. :nerd:

After waiting to get my iphone 4 2 years ago with all the problems it had, i couldn't justify ever doing that again.  phone was sexy, but it was a dropped call monster, wasn't even just AT&T.  Even though they fixed the problem (months after), the way they handled it was horrendous.  I think even Jobs (RIP) sent an email telling the customer they were holding it wrong

all the innovative features apple 'introduced' in the past 2 years, android already had

apple hype though >>

apple apps >>

cop full retail then sell your 4s on craigslist. youll end up paying 2 yr price -100 dollars more than 2 yr price. Then when your actual upgrade comes sell the 5 and cop the 5s and it will pretty much be free because you will sell for no less than 250 and repeat cycle.

I do this every time... :nthat:

Is it really going to be worth it? The 4S was a disappointment. All it is is a nicer screen. It's like buying a new TV that is only 3" bigger and a slightly better quality picture.

Oh but of course, that "better quality" won't be shown until much later.

Save your money and Kati for the price to go down people.

Is it really going to be worth it? The 4S was a disappointment. All it is is a nicer screen. It's like buying a new TV that is only 3" bigger and a slightly better quality picture.
Oh but of course, that "better quality" won't be shown until much later.
Save your money and Kati for the price to go down people.
wait for the price to go down? since when does apple lower prices on anything?

I do this every time... :nthat:

word I never study that upgrade crap, another thing I tell people do is just add a 3rd line to their account if they are on a family plan (granted an older family plan were add a lines are 9.99) put a dummy flip phone on it, and use that upgrade, pretty much I have an upgrade every yr legit because I have my line, my moms, and a dummy phone on my account, and I still sell my old phone so I literally never pay for a phone. When it comes to my moms I`m blessed she doesnt need a smartphone so I just cop her cheap flip phones off contract from Ebay. I`m with vZW btw

and heck what more do you guys in a device? LTE and a fast processor is a nice upgrade in its self.

If you're waiting for the price to go down you'll be waiting until next year when a new one is released.

I'm always interested in seeing what Apple does, and it doesn't look like the Note 2 is coming to VZW. So like I said, if this is good enough I'll pick it up. I'm pretty anti Apple right now though so they're going to have to come really hard.

considering i'm still running the prehistoric 3Gs...i will be upgrading.

don't even ask why...i held out on the 4Gs because i figured an overhaul would come right after. i'm ready :pimp:

We all know this will be a considerable update. The 4S was nothing more than a placeholder with minimal updates to match what the market currently had to offer. Apple had to compete while they kept planning the 5.

The same thing happened with the 3GS.

When Apple updates the model number, its a complete upgrade. Thats the exact reason why I didn't get the 4S.

My body is ready :smokin

Currently using an unlocked Galaxy Nexus, which I love. The **** I don't like is the crappy camera, so as odd as it sounds, I may switch to facilitate better random, spur of the moment picture taking. I never thought the camera on a phone would matter until I had a kid. It sucks finding out that the pics you took that you thought were good ended up blurry and unusable. I guess I could carry the dslr wherever I go, but that's just not convenient.

I'll order it online as soon as it goes on sale. My 4 is still going strong though

Currently using an unlocked Galaxy Nexus, which I love. The **** I don't like is the crappy camera, so as odd as it sounds, I may switch to facilitate better random, spur of the moment picture taking. I never thought the camera on a phone would matter until I had a kid. It sucks finding out that the pics you took that you thought were good ended up blurry and unusable. I guess I could carry the dslr wherever I go, but that's just not convenient.

yea I had the GS3 for 4 days, the camera as HORRIBLE , that and a few other things made me return it. It was fast but the screen distorted so much stuff with the colors.

yea I had the GS3 for 4 days, the camera as HORRIBLE , that and a few other things made me return it. It was fast but the screen distorted so much stuff with the colors.
Word.  The GNex can take pics instantly with no lag, but they usually end looking meh.  I'd say that 1 out of every 4 or 5 end up being good quality, which makes me jelly of my wife's 4S.   

iOS6 will be on the 4S's, correct?

Assuming so, I have no need for a 5.

Back
Top Bottom