Applying for government jobs: How deep do they search????

Any one have experience applying for government jobs? Do they call your 5 references? Anyone get denied a job because of their background?? I have an interviewon friday and your boy is kind of shook.

Depends. Local gov't does a pretty thorough job. The background check for federal is insane

all i know is that the federal jobs, the drug test can show if you smoked weed in the past 5 years. they use your hair to test. local govt jobs would obviouslybe easier.

both with great pay. but hard to land on a job.

serious enough that they send FBI agents to the places of your education to check out your credentials

had a relative that used to do background checks for the fed..... You're f'd for that job if you did anything wrong in your life... That'sfor federal jobs, local gov't and state I'm not sure how deep..

Credit is what gets most people, i did a summer program for the FBI and got the opportunity to work on some background checks....not fun...it also depends onthe position your applying for, the guidelines aren't all the same.

If you work for the Feds they do get in contact with all your references.
And like dude said, credit is what gets most people.

enough that they asked me about my NT sn.

laugh.gif

I was hired though

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

enough that they asked me about my NT sn.

laugh.gif

I was hired though
lol they really look that deep? guess i should be deactivating some of my accounts on "other"sites

Whatever you put down WILL be checked, 10000000 times. My coworker from the phillipines put down famiily there and best believe they went to their house (wehave offices all over the world anyway).

Dammmmmm. Thanks for the feedback. So I'm applying for an internship at the Veteran Affairs hospital in their social work department. The job paysincredibly well for a social worker and it would be great to land this opportunity. While I don't think they would get as deep as some of you guysmentioned, they do ask a lot on the application materials alone.

just a small piece here but

a 18-20 page multiple question fillout form.. after that the fun begins when the verify the info...

just don't lie...even if you have credit problems...let them know up front so when it comes up they won't have any questions...fed jobs look at allthat stuff and one lie you're out...if you tell the truth there is still a chance...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

a 18-20 page multiple question fillout form.. after that the fun begins when the verify the info...

you talking about EQip aka the SF86? It's actually more like 35+, I work in the S2 (Security) shop for the battalion I do IT work for. But you're just applying for the position itself right now, and not for a Clearance, correct? They're actually less thorough at this point than they are going to be if youfind your position of employment requires a Security Clearance, and in the case of some posts, you have to go through the same process just to get computeraccess.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

you talking about EQip aka the SF86? It's actually more like 35+, I work in the S2 (Security) shop for the battalion I do IT work for. But you're just applying for the position itself right now, and not for a Clearance, correct? They're actually less thorough at this point than they are going to be if you find your position of employment requires a Security Clearance, and in the case of some posts, you have to go through the same process just to get computer access.

i don't know about Wally but I'm pretty sure I wont need any clearance. The most info I would potentially see is a patients medical records possibly ***.

If you have something that you're trying to hide, you're better off putting it out there early. If they hire you and find it later, they can justterminate you based off of that.

Back
Top Bottom