*Appreciating The Best Fans In Basketball* GREAT READ

im not saying Warriors have best fans in basketball but 15+ years 2 winning seasons and still have a great attendance record
pimp.gif

I partially agree with everyone in this post because I think Golden State, New York, Chicago, and Portland have the best fans. It's hard to compare Portland to those other markets though because of their population. I'd probably give the edge to Chicago overall, enormous basketball city and even when they couldn't buy a win, the fans were there (but I guess this sort of sounds like NY too). 

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

im not saying Warriors have best fans in basketball but 15+ years 2 winning seasons and still have a great attendance record
pimp.gif

You won't say it, but I will. Warriors have the best fans, Oracle is live whether they are facing the Lakers or the Nets.

i mean come the !+#* on. Lets see Portland go through the kind of #*$% we have this decade, pathetic management, and 9 consecutive losing seasons and STILL be ranked 5th in attendance and have the Garden rocking every time a game gets close, and also probably the most die hards in the league still. bull #*$%. %*+!$%$ Portland
smh.gif

I am sorry that the Blazers management hasn't been any where near as bad as the Knicks but thats a lame excuse. We have gone through a lot, and as I said earlier the attendance dip was a protest, not the fans just going away when the team got bad. The fans demanded a change and said they would not be back until there was one. The change was made and the fans came back. the horrible record came at the same time because the ENTIRE roster was reshaped in the process when all the fans were on protest...
exactly what i am saying. Portland was almost dead last in attendance just a few years ago, !*$$%#++ best fans in the NBA
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
... Any city can have fans show up when a team is on top... !+

yeah...
I mean you wanna see a stadium sellout and a city back thier team, why the !+#* dont yall give us Brandon Roy and a 50 win team?
roll.gif

You could give the Knicks our entire roster and 50 wins and they would still find a way to screw it up... Whats your point?
They think their great, cuz they just don't get outside much.

Umm... And you really live around here? Portland has been rated in the top for outdoor recreation. I know of few people that do not hit up the great ski resorts on the regular, people all about the outdoors with their hunting and hiking and don't forget those damn yuppie bike riders... I think, if anything, people get out too much around here...
I partially agree with everyone in this post because I think Golden State, New York, Chicago, and Portland have the best fans. It's hard to compare Portland to those other markets though because of their population.

Exactly. I did not think the article said we WERE the best fans, it was just an argument as to why you could say. All the other cities you mentioned are just as passionate. I don't know what goes through Warriors fans minds but they religiously support that team. I don't know much about the Bulls and Kincks fan bases but look at how big their cities are. In New York I don't think you can use that excuse that they still have fans show up blah blah blah... Its a HUGE city and that is the ONLY NBA team there. (don't give me the nets crap one bit). That arena is a destination arena and it is a place that also tourists want to go see regardless of who is playing.

Portland isn't banking one bit on tourists. Its a small city with a small fan base that throughout its history has been at the top in attendance. From 1977 through 1995, the team sold out 814 consecutive home games, the longest such streak in American professional sports. What do you wanna argue about that? Currently the Blazers have sold out 111 straight games. For a SMALL market the following has been huge. To even be compared to cities like New York and Chicago and also the Bay Area is pretty much a compliment especially when you look at population base.

They have homer announcers talking to homer fans.  Homer writers writing columns for homer fans to eat up.  They don't know a thing about basketball outside of the city so they just wander around aimlessly thinking they matter to the rest of the country.  Last year this place was packed with playoff basketball stuff, 2 weeks later after they took it all down, then pretend like nothing ever happened.

Yeah, so, the home town fans aren't supposed to support their team and be "homers". And the home town announcers are supposed to be like you and hate everything local and alienate their fan base? And when the team is knocked out of the playoffs they are just supposed to leave all the stuff up and stuff? And just because you are "stuck" here in Rip City and do not like to hear Blazer fans talk about their HOME team you think they have no clue about anything else in basketball? You surprise me more with every post... So in LA people don't talk about the Lakers, dont support them, dont read articles about them from the LA times and BY FAR dont listen to local sports radio who hype them?

I have lived in Portland, Seattle, Phoenix and D.C., all of which are (or were) NBA cities and it was the same there as it was here. Basically what you complaint boils down to is that you are mad because Portland is unfortunate to not have another Pro team. What else sports wise is there to talk about in this state besides the Blazers and Oregon/Oregon State athletics? I really don't know why you get down on everyone here for supporting what they have?

In all my time spent on this forum, I dont think I've ever seen Jonfarr make a post that did not relate to Oregon
laugh.gif

Why would I? I am a homer.
pimp.gif

i knew CP would come in here and have a crazy little rant.

and i wouldnt say we have the best fans, although we are some of the smartest and loyalest fans out there.

Same can be said about the Warriors.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Best fans in basketball are in New York City.

Everyone knows this.
agreed.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at me looking at this thread, getting all excited and assuming it was gonna be a Knicks article... especially after last nights game when that Garden was going wild to get our 29th win in our last home game, i thought for certain this would be about us.

i mean come the !+#* on. Lets see Portland go through the kind of #*$% we have this decade, pathetic management, and 9 consecutive losing seasons and STILL be ranked 5th in attendance and have the Garden rocking every time a game gets close, and also probably the most die hards in the league still. bull #*$%. %*+!$%$ Portland
smh.gif

If Portland has such great fans, how come they finished last in attendance just a few years ago? Oh that's right, they sucked, and the fans stopped showing up, just like every other fan base when the team is bad. Portland only has to be good to have a packed house because they're not competing with anyone. If they're bad, then it's just like every other fan base
exactly what i am saying. Portland was almost dead last in attendance just a few years ago, !*$$%#++ best fans in the NBA
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
... Any city can have fans show up when a team is on top... !+#* even the Swamprats had their fair share of sellouts when they were good. But only in NY will our team be ranked top 10 in attendance every season, and top 5 this year throughout 9 %*+!$%$ straight pathetic losing seasons
smh.gif
I mean, theres not alot of things the Knicks should be credited for, but after us fans have gone through all this suffering and have still been here, havent given up, and be selling out MSG nightly, can we AT LEAST be credited as the most loyal fanbase? !+#*
laugh.gif
mad.gif

I mean you wanna see a stadium sellout and a city back thier team, why the !+#* dont yall give us Brandon Roy and a 50 win team?
roll.gif

QFT...definitely wasnt a great read.

Lets be real. Toronto runs all the online basketball message boards, their arena is always near capacity, and yet they go through disappointment after disappointment standing by their team. Their jerseys always sell well, and you always see Raptor jerseys in other city's arenas.

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

I partially agree with everyone in this post because I think Golden State, New York, Chicago, and Portland have the best fans. It's hard to compare Portland to those other markets though because of their population. I'd probably give the edge to Chicago overall, enormous basketball city and even when they couldn't buy a win, the fans were there (but I guess this sort of sounds like NY too). 
Something that can def be said about each of these cities, only thing wrong here is that 2 of these teams have seen the playoffs while the other two deal with extended mediocrity.  Still the fan support has been major.  Yes, with my bias I'm going with NY but you can't go wrong with any choice. 

Hats off to Warriors, Bulls, Blazers and fellow Knick fans. 

Noskey wrote:

smile.gif
No teams fans will root for the team when that team is an embarrassment to the league and the city.

what the hell do you think knicks fans do?

kings fans in the 90's were one of the best too. everyone knows how crazy arco was in early 2000's, but much respect to the fans that were cheering for the rock + scrubs. current economy ftl!

Originally Posted by JONFARR

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yeah...

He's right though.  That is some BS now that he mentioned it.  Whatever though.

smile.gif
No teams fans will root for the team when that team is an embarrassment to the league and the city.

indifferent.gif
  Stop. Now.

I heard the best part about Portland is that they have the most strip-clubs per square mile than anywhere else in the US.

not saying theyre the best fans, but when i use to live by sacramento around 2000-2002 arco arena used to get crazy loud

Originally Posted by DubA169

Noskey wrote:

smile.gif

I think the article touched on that a little.
It's so much more rewarding to cheer for a team that you really love than be a Knicks fan this year, constantly focused on players you don't have.

LeKnick.jpg

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yeah...
He's right though.  That is some BS now that he mentioned it.  Whatever though.

I am assuming you didn't read that entire post or any of my others...

Originally Posted by DubA169

Noskey wrote:

smile.gif

I think the article touched on that a little.
It's so much more rewarding to cheer for a team that you really love than be a Knicks fan this year, constantly focused on players you don't have.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

LOL..... Amazing.  So you're implying this is what Knick fans across NT and the country have been doing? Wow.

I am assuming you didn't read that entire post or any of my others...
And actually, I did.  I just commented the way I did based off you're response.  As if you brushed it off.

Back
Top Bottom