Approaching famous people on the street?

So today I was looking for some bar pours at Crate and Barrel (E Houston + Broadway) with my girl and some dude in the store told me to cross the street and go to a Chinese restaurant supply store to get em for cheaper. As I cross the street and walk along one of those make shift sidewalks from construction, I see a dude in sunglasses and a white tee. I do a double take and its Donald Glover. I don't say anything to him though cause my mentality was "famous people gotta walk outside too".

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

I really wanted a picture with the dude but I didn't know how to approach him. The dude in front of me def. didn't approach it well.

Usually whenever I see actors/musicians on the street I just keep it moving but sometimes I regret not saying nothing.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do you approach said people for autographs/pictures?

So today I was looking for some bar pours at Crate and Barrel (E Houston + Broadway) with my girl and some dude in the store told me to cross the street and go to a Chinese restaurant supply store to get em for cheaper. As I cross the street and walk along one of those make shift sidewalks from construction, I see a dude in sunglasses and a white tee. I do a double take and its Donald Glover. I don't say anything to him though cause my mentality was "famous people gotta walk outside too".

I tap my girl to let her know and she says out loud "HEY ISNT THAT DONALD GLOVER?" This guy in front of me wearing Beats talking to his friend on the phone gets mad geeked and starts flipping a %##$ and yelling "YOOOO THATS DONALD GLOVER  HOLY %##$ THATS DONALD GLOVER THATS DEFINITELY DONALD GLOVER" Donald then starts speed walking and dips.

I really wanted a picture with the dude but I didn't know how to approach him. The dude in front of me def. didn't approach it well.

Usually whenever I see actors/musicians on the street I just keep it moving but sometimes I regret not saying nothing.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do you approach said people for autographs/pictures?

Pics of your girl

Edit:

One time @ roscoes in hollywood on gower & sunset, I parked at the denny's parking lot right across the street. As I go in to park I see a big black dude walking in between the parked cars

and he trips over one of those parking dividers on the floor right next to my car. As I open the door dude is slow to get up.. my girl gets out of the car and says "holy @#$@ its Jerry Springer" I look back and I

see Jerry rushing to help his driver, he looks at me furious thinking I hit him with the car, he asks the dude "Did the kid hit you?" Driver said "Naw Jerry I tripped".. Jerry gave me another stare down and walked

back to his car..

I cant make this stuff up..   

Guess it depends on the person's personality....I seen George Lopez on 5th Ave. yesterday getting in a cab from his hotel and he was letting everyone take some pics with him

Pics of your girl

Edit:

One time @ roscoes in hollywood on gower & sunset, I parked at the denny's parking lot right across the street. As I go in to park I see a big black dude walking in between the parked cars

and he trips over one of those parking dividers on the floor right next to my car. As I open the door dude is slow to get up.. my girl gets out of the car and says "holy @#$@ its Jerry Springer" I look back and I

see Jerry rushing to help his driver, he looks at me furious thinking I hit him with the car, he asks the dude "Did the kid hit you?" Driver said "Naw Jerry I tripped".. Jerry gave me another stare down and walked

back to his car..

I cant make this stuff up..   

Guess it depends on the person's personality....I seen George Lopez on 5th Ave. yesterday getting in a cab from his hotel and he was letting everyone take some pics with him

I worked at the Apple Store on 14th Street, and in my experience with meeting famous people, I pretty much learned that they respond well if you talk to them like normal people.

That's how it was when I sold Cudi an iMac. Ended up having like a 30 minute conversation with him after the transaction. I never mentioned that I was a fan of his music until he asked. And when he asked and I said yea he was like "yo that's f'n dope" hahaha

I worked at the Apple Store on 14th Street, and in my experience with meeting famous people, I pretty much learned that they respond well if you talk to them like normal people.

That's how it was when I sold Cudi an iMac. Ended up having like a 30 minute conversation with him after the transaction. I never mentioned that I was a fan of his music until he asked. And when he asked and I said yea he was like "yo that's f'n dope" hahaha

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What the hell could I do with an autograph? I'm good man.
That's true, but I guess it could serve as something cool to have?  Pictures would be better though. 

That's true, but I guess it could serve as something cool to have?  Pictures would be better though. 

Just be as respectful and considerate as possible. If they're with family or busy leave them be, but in your case I would have been shocked if he would have been upset if you just walked up to him and asked for a picture

Glover always seems really appreciative of his fans

Just be as respectful and considerate as possible. If they're with family or busy leave them be, but in your case I would have been shocked if he would have been upset if you just walked up to him and asked for a picture

Glover always seems really appreciative of his fans

word, I've met a quite a few celebs randomly and gotten a handshake but I'm not starstruck enough to get an autograph. And honestly I don't feel like bothering them, if I were famous i'd hate that sh$$ happening all damn day.

word, I've met a quite a few celebs randomly and gotten a handshake but I'm not starstruck enough to get an autograph. And honestly I don't feel like bothering them, if I were famous i'd hate that sh$$ happening all damn day.

When I see famous people, I like to casually say what's up.  It lets them know you recognize them and respect them.  Yelling is for squares (or girls). 
But on the real, if I'm not a fan of them at all, I don't say anything. 

Back
Top Bottom