April's Jordan Brand News

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Though it may not be the noblest example of Christmas in April, for years now NikeTalk members and visitors have enjoyed a springtime preview of the holiday season and its offerings.

2005 will mark the fifth consecutive year in which Jordan brand has released a black/red Air Jordan retro during the holiday season. Black/Red XIs released in 2001, Black/Red VIIs in 2002, XIIs in 2003, XIIIs in 2004 and, you guessed it, the Black/Red XIV will receive the retro treatment in 2005.

Sorry, Bryon.

What else can you expect from Jordan brand at years end?

Lets get to it.

Holiday2005.jpg

See how the Melo 5.5 says, Image n/a? Dont worry about that. Heres what they were trying to keep under wraps:

92301796.jpg

Now lets take a closer look at a few items of interest:

In addition to the aforementioned Black/Red XIVs, December will also see what could be the final colorway of the woefully named Dub Zero.
(Ever hear anyone call 20-inch rims dub zeros? Exactly. Even taking dub to mean double, double zero is Robert Parishs jersey number, not twenty. Sorry. Similarly, just because trey-eight means 38 doesnt mean dub zero will ever be taken to mean twenty. Just because a hundred dollar bill is referred to as a c note doesnt mean a ten dollar bill is an x note. Its SLANG. You cant parse it mechanically like Standard English. You get an E for effort and T for nice try.)

Dubxiv.jpg

Here are a few additional shots of these two shoes from Snuggles McDuggal, a popular name in our news posts this year:
92301831.jpg

92301803.jpg

Discuss these and similar images here: p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessage?topicID=97528.topic

So, what other XIVs can you expect in 2005?

In terms of general release products, you can look forward to white/deep forest green on October 22nd. Ladies XIVs will be available in black/pink and white/linen on October 22nd and November 19th respectively.

xivoct22.jpg

stronglinen.jpg

Enlarged for your scrutiny: the linen womens XIVs alongside a slick, attractive new team shoe called the Jordan Strong. Although the name isnt original, as loyal Jordan fans will recall the Vin Baker endorsed Jumpman Pro Strong, it certainly seems apt nevertheless as this is easily one of the strongest entries in the Jordan team category of late. Heres hoping these perform at least as well on court as similarly priced Nikes. It would be a shame for a Toyota to outperform a Lexus.

Here are some slightly more detailed images:

92301824.jpg

92301832.jpg

Dont let the lighting fool you; those XIVs are white/GREEN NOT white/black. The matching gear you'll see a little further down should serve as a better representation of the green used.

Now, lets turn our attention to a pair of XIVs NOT included on the above calendar, charcoal/black/chartreuse:

92301834.jpg

These will be another urban release, meaning you can probably find these at the same locations as this Februarys Altitude XIII or Junes Ice Blue X. No specific date has been identified, but were expecting a September release.

No, we can't tell you how "limited" they'll be. Be a true sneaker fan: buy them because you actually like them, not because you want to be the only one on your block with them.

The following images come to us courtesy of NikeTalk member donjuan513. Please discuss them in his post here: p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=98557.topic&start=1&stop=100

charcoal1.jpg

charcoal2.jpg

charcoal3.jpg

forest.jpg

NikeTalk member blco was kind enough to post these images of the Jordan brand product catalog for Holiday 05.

Notice that, unlike years past, it seems nearly every product this holiday season will benefit from ample apparel support. Perhaps this will reduce the number of posts we get from individuals incapable of dressing themselves.

H05a.jpg

H05b.jpg

h05c.jpg

h05d.jpg

the last horse finally crosses the finish line:
h05e.jpg

Now, on to some quick odds and ends.

Here are the Jordan Handlez in white/navy and black/silver:

hand1e.jpg

madhandle.jpg

and a clearer shot of the white/black/red "Dub Zero":

redub.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the member who so kindly posted these three images. If you know, please pass that information along so I can give that person the proper credit here. First person to say --------.com gets slapped. Don't fill in the blank for me, it doesn't deserve the mention.

On an editorial note:

In honor of the upcoming Lazer IV release, I thought Id take a moment to share with you a quick glimpse at NikeTalks original retro+ art gallery. Its like art, only BETTER!

Check out Diego Riveras The Exploiters +!
The original came out back in 1926, and you KNOW youve been fiending for its return! Now its finally back and better than EVER!

downpressorman.jpg

Dont miss Seurats La Grande Jatte, celebrating its 119th anniversary in style! How can you improve on such a classic example of modern art? Oh, I found a way. It was tough, too. I had two different laser patterns to choose from.

RetroSunday.jpg

And, finally, what better way to celebrate creativity than Michelangelos depiction of creation from the ceiling of the Sistine chapel?

re-creation.jpg

Its subtle, thats what I like about it.

(By the way, was the joke as effective the time? Hmm. the symbolism continues..)

Thanks for reading, and thank you for being a part of the NikeTalk community.

Well be sure to add more pictures and information in the weeks to come, so stay tuned.

As always, check the Archives forum for previous news posts.

Excellent post Method Man :pimp:
pimp.gif

I was wondering if there will be one more xiv retro colorway announced to total six just like the xiii mids. Hopefully it will not be lasered. Maybe a white/red colorway :pimp:
pimp.gif

knightngale: Thanks for the kind words.

To my knowledge, nothing else has been announced but remember, what we're seeing only leads us up to the end of 2005.

It's probable that we'll see additional XIV releases in early 2006, just as we saw Air Jordan XIII releases between October of 2004 and March of 2005.

As far as white/red... I'm not getting my hopes up. In terms materials and color placement, White/Forest Green come so close that white/red mids seem highly unlikely.

If Jordan brand's previous retro release pattern provides any indication, they'll bring out white/red as a low. That way they capitalize on demand for the product without actually giving people what they want. (Thereby tucking away a few anticipated colorways for future release.) We saw it happen with the XIIs, VIIIs, XIIIs, etc, etc. so I fully expect it to happen again with the XIVs.

Of course, this is all merely speculation. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Perhaps Jordan brand isn't quite as predictable as recent years would suggest.

Laser XIV? NOTHING points in that direction, but I'm with you: I certainly hope not. I think it's time that one trick pony headed out to pasture. There are creative ways to use laser engraving on shoes (which is not, by any means, an 'innovative' process) but the prevailing logic at JB seems to be that if SOME chocolate icing is good, a LOT of chocolate icing would be great..... even on filet mignon. Given the lines, the XIV seems like a poor 'canvas' for laser engraving - but then again I'm the type of crazy purist who wouldn't enjoy a DJ Clue remix of Three Feet High and Rising.

LOL@retroism...seriously...

Thanks for the compilation, Meth.

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

thanks for the great post.

seems like JB is really riding this whole limited thing out this year.

[/b]

Thanks for the info. The lighting really did make the white/green XIV`s look like black white. I was fooled until I read what you said under it.
"They call me the Tokyo Giant"
Email: spityoname@yahoo.com---Hit me up !
MANDINGO OF SNEAKERS~~~NOW AND FOREVER

Thanks a lot for the info Meth, can't wait for the blk/red XIV's. I also hope they leave the laser thing alone, i'm kinda tired of laser now, makes for a very loud shoe IMO.

The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.

- Dr. Wayne Dyer

hmm the melo 5.5 look different at the back then the pics that were posted earlier. wasn't there a very high (blue) sole leading upwards till above the jumpman? if so, then I like this new version better!!
-----------------
2005, just another year to cop some Jays....

XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...
XIV's are coming...

it's a shame the charcoal/black/chartreuse XIV's will be limited. those are the hottest XIV's to drop besides the blk/reds. btw the quality is looking very good for these XIV's :D
happy.gif

thanks for posting this meth :pimp:
pimp.gif

Great post, really looking forward to the XIV's and the V.5. On another note thanx for ruining Michaelangelo's sistine chapel for me (u should have done satan's temptation of eve).
"Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home" - John Newton

looks like 2 pair of XIV for me in 05. The Blk/Deep green look nice. The Chartreuse will be hyped and the clothes are dope for the shoes, great post Meth. JB is gonna make me happy w/ a pair of Blk/red XIV. :wow:
eek.gif

pockets fat like Trina's....

I'll be hyping the charcoal/black/chartreuse, since it was love at first sight for me. awesome retro+ colorway :pimp:
pimp.gif
ranks up there with the nubuck XII colorway :wow:
eek.gif

:wow:
eek.gif
..im happy to see that most of the XIVs are going to have the ribbed sides

:wow:
eek.gif
charcoals! they look the hottest out of the retro+ bunch..copped! ribbed or not :lol:
laugh.gif

thanks meth!
___pE___

Thanks for the post Meth.

But what about these?

4r3i1z

I swear, if these were dropped in favor of the white/green (did they learn with the IVs?) or grey monstrosities, I may end up maiming someone.

KM

Back
Top Bottom