Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

IMG_20180308_192500.jpg
Today is my dad's birthday. He would have been 67 . This was the last summer with him 1994, and it was great times for sure . The aqua will always take me back to those memories. He actually thought they were pretty awesome shoes lol. Well, till I cut the straps off. Lol.

Yeah.. been trying to cop since last year. Still had my 07 pair and was waiting to sell them and when I did the prices were too high for me to want to cop. Might end up just not owning these.

Over time I have become less of a fan of the VIII so I'm not paying that much for these.

Yeah.. been trying to cop since last year. Still had my 07 pair and was waiting to sell them and when I did the prices were too high for me to want to cop. Might end up just not owning these.

Over time I have become less of a fan of the VIII so I'm not paying that much for these.
I'm in the same boat. At the end my pair was good so I figured I'll sell by 07/08 pair later and just get these. They were even below retail at some places for a while.

Might just wait for next one now. 08 pair still doing good and is more comfortable. I can overlook the few OG features for now.

I remember you could get these for retail these boys was sitting on shelf’s now they 300+

They were going for under retail.
I returned my snkrs pair and got em of villa for like 110.

Completely forgot about these till recently was doing some quarantine cleaning and found these DS along with a pair of DS 2013 playoff 8s and DS pair of 2013 taxi 12s.

They were going for under retail.
I returned my snkrs pair and got em of villa for like 110.

Completely forgot about these till recently was doing some quarantine cleaning and found these DS along with a pair of DS 2013 playoff 8s and DS pair of 2013 taxi 12s.

Yeah I have a DS pair of these I bought for around $100 as well. We should probably wear our pairs soon though since 8s don’t do well at all (in terms of midsole cracking/separation) if kept DS for a few too many years.

Yeah I have a DS pair of these I bought for around $100 as well. We should probably wear our pairs soon though since 8s don’t do well at all (in terms of midsole cracking/separation) if kept DS for a few too many years.

Yea you're right.
I gotta restore my 2007 playoffs. The nubuck is just so much nicer on the 07 than the 13
IMG_20200521_105946.jpg

peacebrand peacebrand Next retro might be an eternity with how recently these released. But I'm going to wait it out too. You never know. If the prices come down I may cop.
That's true.. just have to hope the midsole don't crumble. Might be what to find a used pair for cheap.

What's the best way to make the midsole last as long as possible?? I have cracking in the paint and shoes sit on a rack not in the box.

That's true.. just have to hope the midsole don't crumble. Might be what to find a used pair for cheap.

What's the best way to make the midsole last as long as possible?? I have cracking in the paint and shoes sit on a rack not in the box.

I think a big part of the problem is that 8s have a notoriously bad midsole. I think any pairs that are kept DS should at least be worn around the house every now and then since I think un-DSing a 5+ year old pair that hasn’t been used to taking that kind of pressure can lead to some structural problems. I’ll admit I’m fully guilty of this as well since I have a pair of these Aquas and a pair of Chrome 8s from this time that are both DS.

Yeah, that's why I'd recommend just waiting the 2-5 years for the next retro. That's assuming none of us are in dire straights in need of getting any particular shoe. Buying these DS now if you want to wear them just isn't wise.

I'm still kicking myself for throwing out my OGs (bought on RD) back in 2006 when I was moving out of my apartment. Dumbass... They were well worn, but still in good condition and very wearable...oh well.

I think a big part of the problem is that 8s have a notoriously bad midsole. I think any pairs that are kept DS should at least be worn around the house every now and then since I think un-DSing a 5+ year old pair that hasn’t been used to taking that kind of pressure can lead to some structural problems. I’ll admit I’m fully guilty of this as well since I have a pair of these Aquas and a pair of Chrome 8s from this time that are both DS.

Yea I have the same theory.
I sold my Chromes and got three take flight 8s.

I think/hear that midsoles on these remastered pairs were better softer and not the stuff they used to use so they should hold up upon wearing them today. How long ago was the release? I feel like it was either 2015 or 16.

Now 07's forget it.. I wouldnt trust a DS pair of those at all.

Crazy I remember i was vacationing in Barcelona, Spain when the Aquas came out last....i was nervous as hell thinking wtf am i gonna do to get these...me and my old lady woke up early to get these ....crazy thing these was sitting everywhere .... i feasted

I think/hear that midsoles on these remastered pairs were better softer and not the stuff they used to use so they should hold up upon wearing them today. How long ago was the release? I feel like it was either 2015 or 16.

Now 07's forget it.. I wouldnt trust a DS pair of those at all.

Yeah you’re probably right about the remastered 8s lasting longer but I think part of the structural problems 8s have is that the midsoles are made of different material types. You have rubber, polyurethane, and Vinyl/PVC midsole (with the design). I think that inherently creates more room for them having issues since there is obviously more to hold together there than, say, a pair of 7s.

9F54E9A4-A32C-48B0-98E6-A1C79616AB32.jpeg

719AF686-FBAE-4D15-9049-0B5B3A1BFE1C.jpeg

I passed on these when they dropped even when they were on sale. Hope they retro soon. Unfortunately, likely impossible to get and I'm not paying resell. This was the last pair of signature Jordans I bought in '93 to 2013 (retros in '13 of course)!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom