Aquamanjay tribute- wear your Aqua VIII’s 6/22/23 - #AquaJayDay

I understand what you mean here. But everyone in here has shown a sign of respect. Some may do it different than others but its been really cool if you ask me. I really am proud to be apart of a group of guys and gals that have shown the compassion and thought that they have so far. Lol, I sometimes ***** to my wife about all our petty arguments and statements. But at the end of the day, lot of you all are real. :pimp: I think AquaJay would have been amazed at the response he was getting from everyone in here.

Agree on all points but I cant talk about how some guy disagrees with me about EP or toeboxes to my girl

She would look at me sideways haha

188B5821-3645-4811-8DF2-AD37757D857C.jpeg

These babies just landed
Gonna UNDS tomorrow

never knew him personally, but of course saw him around the big threads as he was one of the regulars

and only 25? from GI disease? :stoneface: that's just terrible.

the only positive i can take away from it is to always try to live every remaining day of my life to the fullest in honor of people like him who tragically no longer can.

reading the comments has me tearing up a little. man was so young. didnt realize he was also from Maryland. its dope that NT "cares" enough to do this although it isn't much. if it was me looking down seeing all this, it'd make me smile. so sad man. like someone said man we gotta live everyday like it's our last and with no regrets!

RIP
Live life to the fullest, wear them shoes, buy that car, take that trip, make that investment, LIVE

You never heard nobody on their deathbed say "I should've spent more days in the office"

No aqua's but do playoffs count, only 8 I have left. Should I pull them out in remembrance
I’m gonna jump out and say sure...only because Playoffs are all I have as well. Was gonna cop a pair of Aqua’s but sadly no dice...

Is his family good on funeral bills? Should we all pitch in to take care of his fam?

RIP Aquamanjay, you were always a staple on this forum. You will be missed.

I contacted his brother with regards to donations to his family and he's respectfully declining our help. We have to respect that.

Shoutout to @zsneakerheadz for the assist.

EDIT: did not see this, I apologize

I am going to update my previously posted stance on the Playoff 8's "counting" for #AquaJayDay....I still think if you have them, want to wear them in honor of Jalen, then by all means go ahead since it's the sentiment regarding one of our #NTFam that counts...that being said...I was able to do a little trade up at a place by me called Direct Kicks in Mamaroneck, NY. Traded a pair of wheat 6's for these SUPER CLEAN Aqua's just for this occasion, and it will also complete my Retro OG set (since the 8 only had 3 OG colorways anyway lol)
D3EF1B2A-B93F-4669-9978-F6594C44A7BB.jpg

225092FC-D7C4-40FB-971A-DB5D2835D0AE.jpg

22F1D039-0203-4997-969A-A28C47E64186.jpg

6787EDF1-2C4F-4499-B483-F2B8C48D2E5D.jpg

I am going to update my previously posted stance on the Playoff 8's "counting" for #AquaJayDay....I still think if you have them, want to wear them in honor of Jalen, then by all means go ahead since it's the sentiment regarding one of our #NTFam that counts...that being said...I was able to do a little trade up at a place by me called Direct Kicks in Mamaroneck, NY. Traded a pair of wheat 6's for these SUPER CLEAN Aqua's just for this occasion, and it will also complete my Retro OG set (since the 8 only had 3 OG colorways anyway lol)
D3EF1B2A-B93F-4669-9978-F6594C44A7BB.jpg

225092FC-D7C4-40FB-971A-DB5D2835D0AE.jpg

22F1D039-0203-4997-969A-A28C47E64186.jpg

6787EDF1-2C4F-4499-B483-F2B8C48D2E5D.jpg

How's the quality on the Bugs Bunny?

How's the quality on the Bugs Bunny?
0takusamsay 0takusamsay Considering it's a pair from the 2012-13 era it's not terrible. My Fire Red 5's are much worse in the leather quality department. They are comfy and holding up well. I got them I think about 2 years ago from eBay and they were DS so they've stood the test of time so far. They could definitely use a remastered release but overall a solid shoe. Of note however I never really took a look at the CDP pair for comparison purposes.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay Considering it's a pair from the 2012-13 era it's not terrible. My Fire Red 5's are much worse in the leather quality department. They are comfy and holding up well. I got them I think about 2 years ago from eBay and they were DS so they've stood the test of time so far. They could definitely use a remastered release but overall a solid shoe. Of note however I never really took a look at the CDP pair for comparison purposes.

Ok yeah, I'm gunning for the white "home" pairs of retros 3-8 and I'm hoping theres a remaster soon of the rest. I got hare 7s and white cement 4s. Been debating on going back and getting 88 white cement, and bugs bunny 8 . Idk when theyll remaster the others. The fire red 5 is coming so I hope they do it for the rest.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay not a bad plan. My only gripe on the 88’s now that all the other NA 3’s and 4’s have dropped is the flimsy paint on the NA of the tab. Too easy to chip/wear off. However also an easy fix. But seeing how current pricing on them is high...

Damn... can't believe it. RIP Aquamanjay. Didn't know who he was personally, but I always appreciated his eye for detail when looking at these sneakers. Didn't even realize my 2000 Infrareds had a "contrasting heel" until I seen his posts every day about it. I lingered on this forum for years but finally made an account to post on his infrared thread. I'd happily pull out my Aqua 8s on the 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom