OFFICIAL ARCADE1UP THREAD edit: MARVEL VS CAPCOM WITH ONLINE PLAY PREORDER UP ON BEST BUY OCT. 1ST RELEASE

na i'm not talking about the nes games when I say tmnt arcade game and tmnt turtles in time (arcade version).

I meant the actual games in the arcade. the nes version of tmnt arcade game is tmnt 2. tmnt1 nes is dead to me. tmnt 3 nes > than them all IMO.
lol i'm old and I had all of the games and all that. I remember.

I know you are talking about the Arcade game. The same game that was ported to the NES.

IF you say TMNT 1, nobody thinks about the Arcade game. They think of the NES game .

Unpopular Opinion.

Arcade joysticks (for any game) were never my preference . I used to also wish, "Man I want to play this with an SNES controller."

I still watch competitive SFV on youtube and it bugs me out that some top players use the remote. like how?

I know you are talking about the Arcade game. The same game that was ported to the NES.

IF you say TMNT 1, nobody thinks about the Arcade game. They think of the NES game .
that's why I said tmnt arcade game (and not tmnt2 arcade game) lol. that's what it was...not sure what else to call it.

tmnt (nes) ...I put that in the same category as battletoads and wall street kid.
games designed for you to lose miserably.

get you a set of sanwa buttons too. Those stock buttons are ugly, I always hated them even back then :lol:

I swapped the default buttons out for SuzoHapp buttons the joysticks are SuzoHapp too, i forgot I bought them as a set. The controls are super responsive now on fighting games. Also the good thing with having a raspberry pi in the cab now is that you can save states and pause the game if needed, both welcome additions

tmnt 3 (nes) had tokka, razhar, slash, leatherhead, groundchuck, etc.
it was fire. they need a remake bad. the music was dope, the gameplay was what it was...

matter of fact, they need to remake the simpsons arcade game. and where's double dragon 1 and 2??

just rerelease them, same graphics and music but more stages with more bosses. that's all I wanted as a kid. it took a real long time to get a console version of the simpsons arcade game. there was a pc release but I didn't have a pc at the time.

Just saying nobody calls this game TMNT

debso debso I don't know how this got crossed up this is what I waa referencing
I think I might have assumed because we were originally talking about arcade cabinets. and i'm multitasking.

fwiw tmnt arcade is basically tmnt 2 on the nes.
although tmnt 3 >>>>>>> tmnt and tmnt2 on the nes IMO and, unpopular opinion, tmnt 3 nes is better than tmnt turtles in time on the snes. I said it and I meant it.

TMNT 3 was great but Turtles In Time was the GOAT :nthat:

I like that they added two extra levels to TMNT 2 on the NES. I still remember the Pizza Hut coupon they used to include with the game

I always wondered why they never did a Simpsons sequel for the arcades. That has to be one of the most popular arcade games ever. Its a staple of every arcade ive ever been to since 1991.

I have the MK version of this cabinet

For 150$ from Walmart it’s worth it but don’t expect arcade level graphics (lots of pixels & some dead spots right out the box)

sound is marginal at best too

def buy the riser base if you get one because the cabinet straight out the box is too short for anyone over 5’ to play standing

I have the MK version of this cabinet

For 150$ from Walmart it’s worth it but don’t expect arcade level graphics (lots of pixels & some dead spots right out the box)

sound is marginal at best too

def buy the riser base if you get one because the cabinet straight out the box is too short for anyone over 5’ to play standing

The pixel problem is because there isn’t a scan line filter like they used to use on the CRT monitors that originally ran these games. It makes the games look super pixelated when ran on the LCD monitors that these use. It made Street Fighter look like the Super Nintendo version smh.

Also these new cabinets will be stereo speakers so that should fix the sound issue. The first wave of cabinets (mortal kombat included) only has 1 speaker instead of two so the sound is in Mono. Super Street Fighter II has half of the sound missing because of this design flaw.

D8934DE3-5B34-4C21-9F0D-8CA9AC296857.jpeg

49D1A248-AA85-4D47-AEE1-3F9789343179.jpeg

I modded my Street Fighter cab to have all of these games already.

With that said, TMNT cab is something I’ve always wanted and will be a day 1 cop. Also i will mod to play all the 4 player games on it
How can u mod it???
I don’t know how to do that kinda stuff

I've always wanted to build an arcade system. The tech seems simple enough (computer, monitor, controllers, emulator with all the games I want, wiring). I no nothing about wood working so the cabinet itself would be the biggest hurtle.

My ONLY gripe with the tmnt one
Is that turtles in time
Gonna miss all the stages that the snes version had
Neon night riders stage and such

My ONLY gripe with the tmnt one
Is that turtles in time
Gonna miss all the stages that the snes version had
Neon night riders stage and such

16 bit turtles in time, hyperstone heist, and da arcade game for da NES was just pieces chipped off da OG 89' brick

How can u mod it???
I don’t know how to do that kinda stuff

I followed ETA Prime’s tutorial. I removed the installed game board that came with it and installed a Retro Pi running a arcade rom image. I removed the joysticks and buttons and put in competition Suzohapp joysticks and buttons. The hardest part is figuring out how to hook the connectors to the cherry switches the correct way. But now that I’ve modded one cabinet, modding the TMNT should be really easy as well.

Yep. It is slightly different in both versions.
The snes version is what I want
Besides difference in neon night riders
That pirate ship stage had different boss
Plus can u throw them at the screen in the arcade version????
Thought it was just the snes version

Yea I prefer the SNES version of Neon Night Riders.

I can't remember if you can throw to the screen on ARCADE version

Back
Top Bottom